Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:40:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 9th Dec  (Read 18274 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: 9th Dec
« Reply #90 on December 13, 2017, 09:07:06 am by drfchound »
Yes and we didn't.
Hardly a disaster is it?
You say credit is due for promotion but hardly anyone gives this credit.

Promotion isn't easy whatever league you're in

I would say is was a disaster, although promotion isn't easy it is even more difficult to win titles.
If you were to ask any of the players they would have been gutted that they missed out on picking up a medal.
How many chances do lower league players get to win something?
Also, on a personal note, it cost me and some others money as we had bets on Rovers to win the league.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on December 13, 2017, 09:11:49 am by dickos1 »
If you think getting promotion straight away after relegation is a disaster then you shouldn't be a football fan.
If that's a disaster what would finishing midtable have been, like many other relegated sides only achieve

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 13, 2017, 09:55:56 am by drfchound »
If you think getting promotion straight away after relegation is a disaster then you shouldn't be a football fan.
If that's a disaster what would finishing midtable have been, like many other relegated sides only achieve

You are clearly changing the tone of the conversation now.
You know as well as i do that my "disaster" comment is aimed at us blowing the title, not at getting promotion.
It is very clear from the previous posts on the subject.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on December 13, 2017, 10:19:02 am by IDM »
Not winning the title was a disappointment..

That’s the word I would choose to use..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on December 13, 2017, 10:32:24 am by dickos1 »
Not winning the title was a disappointment..

That’s the word I would choose to use..

This is how I would describe it

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on December 13, 2017, 10:38:03 am by wing commander »
  I suppose when you've had a few quid on it and had probably thought it was coming in you would be gutted...

I've got to be honest and say it didn't really bother me that much,ok it would have been nice but everything was about getting out of that league at the first attempt because if you don't you can find it takes a lot longer than you think...We did that although like everybody else I'm disappointed we haven't kicked on at all,although Injuries to important new signings have contributed to that massively..imo

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on December 13, 2017, 11:30:39 am by idler »
Whichever way you look at it winning the title would have finished the season on a high rather than an anticlimax. There would have been more bounce through the close season both for players and fans. What's happened has happened but me should still learn from it.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on December 13, 2017, 03:07:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
That is an excellent reminder, Wing Commander, re the injury and illness to both Andrew and Kiwomya respectively. Although, I wouldn't describe it as a 'massive' blow to us, I do certainly think that both those players could have made a significant difference to some of our results. Certainly, in Andrew's case, although we got a speedy replacement in Toffolo, what we didn't get was a like for like replacement. With Kiwomya, we simply don't know what he could bring to the table and whether we'll ever know is in the lap of the Gods, to a degree. Hopefully, the lad makes an excellent impact on his long-awaited debut.

We have to get in (at least) a couple of shrewd signings in January and, on top of that, replace any returning loanees with players as good but preferably better.

The other player we haven't seen all season, so far, is McCullough and who knows whether he will ever get back to full fitness - I hope so, for the sake of the squad strength in depth.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012