Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:03:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Did you here the sigh of relief  (Read 3585 times)

I-was-there1976

Did you here the sigh of relief
« on March 23, 2010, 10:09:35 pm by I-was-there1976 »
when Wilson f**ked up to let them score ? The Wilson haters loved it to bits but i never heard a grumble when Sharp missed that sitter or when Sullivan went down like a sack of shit for Carrol to pass it in or when Roberts passed it to nobody or when the midfield fell apart when Wilson went off and blah blah blah etc etc etc.

Supporters my arse

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Shornton

• Forum Member
Re:Did you here the sigh of relief
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2010, 10:20:04 pm by Shornton »
Does your arse need support?

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2010, 10:48:41 pm by ian1980 »
Yes it was wilsons mis-placed pass which cost us a goal and as it turned out the game but overall I think he had a decent game. It's unfortunate for him that his one mistake was so costly.

Now was anyone else very nervous with martis at the back? Letting the ball bounce, uncomfortable on the ball etc.

Oster was my MOTM I would say it is one of the best games I've seen him play. Others that had a decent game were Hayter & JOC.

Sharp missed a sitter and he would expect to be in the game more. Woods was poor by his standards but overall I think we did enough to get at least a point from that game and unfortunatly for Wilson his mistake will be remembered for us not getting one.

Oh, and the officials were totally shocking. They always bottle it against the bug clubs. (there is another thread about this so I won't go on about it here)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2010, 10:51:03 pm by mushRTID »
i always shit myself when martis has the ball.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2010, 10:55:22 pm by Superspy »
mushRTID wrote:

me too, defensively i like him, he can put a tackle in and hassle players, but his long ball distribution is absolutely shocking.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2010, 10:59:29 pm by Savvy »
ian1980 wrote:
Yes it was wilsons mis-placed pass which cost us a goal and as it turned out the game but overall I think he had a decent game. It's unfortunate for him that his one mistake was so costly.

Now was anyone else very nervous with martis at the back? Letting the ball bounce, uncomfortable on the ball etc.

Oster was my MOTM I would say it is one of the best games I've seen him play. Others that had a decent game were Hayter & JOC.

Sharp missed a sitter and he would expect to be in the game more. Woods was poor by his standards but overall I think we did enough to get at least a point from that game and unfortunatly for Wilson his mistake will be remembered for us not getting one.

Oh, and the officials were totally shocking. They always bottle it against the bug clubs. (there is another thread about this so I won't go on about it here)

Spot on! Very fair appraisal, I'm not a Wilson fan by any stretch of the imagination, but to be fair to the lad he was having a decent game up to the mistake!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2010, 11:51:51 pm by Lesonthewest »
Felt for Wilson tonight, he had played very well & seems to be finding a bit of consistency now. Oster MOTM for me, covered every blade again.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 24, 2010, 12:00:33 am by Albert Trousers »
Wilson had a good game tonight sadly it will be remembered for a couple of misplaced passes one of which cost us the game. The kind of football we play we are always going to give the ball away at times and I for one can live with that to watch our brand of football. Shame it was Wilson's pass and not Sharp or Shiels as bugger all would have been said.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 24, 2010, 12:05:05 am by Superspy »
Albert Trousers wrote:
The kind of football we play we are always going to give the ball away at times and I for one can live with that to watch our brand of football.

thank god its not just me.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 24, 2010, 07:02:43 am by roversdude »
Martis scares me to death, looks very nervous with ball at feet, doesnt attack ball to head it, lets it bounce - no wonder he pulls hamstring/calf all the time.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2010, 07:49:21 am by bobjimwilly »
roversdude wrote:
Martis scares me to death, looks very nervous with ball at feet, doesnt attack ball to head it, lets it bounce - no wonder he pulls hamstring/calf all the time.

The worrying thing is we've got him for the next 3 years  :blink:

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2010, 10:50:26 am by danrover82 »
I-was-there1976 wrote:
Sullivan went down like a sack of shit for Carrol to pass it in

I agree with what you were saying regarding the supporters gloating in wilsons mistakes and not for the others, but Suli couldn't have done anything else. It was just good skill from a quality striker that wrong footed him.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2010, 11:21:33 am by stockyboy »
mushRTID wrote:

Totally agree, hasn't looked comfortable since returning back here. Every time ball comes near him I get a heart in mouth moment

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 24, 2010, 02:04:08 pm by River Don »
stockyboy wrote:
mushRTID wrote:

Totally agree, hasn't looked comfortable since returning back here. Every time ball comes near him I get a heart in mouth moment

My mate christened him the new \"Dangerous\" Dave Morley on Satdi. I wouldn't go that far yet, I haven't seen enough of him, hopefully it's just a bit of a confidence thing and he'll get back on form soon.

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 24, 2010, 02:35:23 pm by London_Rover »
Supporters my arse

your arse needs support?

i always shit myself when martis has the ball

At least we now know which arse needs support...

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 24, 2010, 08:51:10 pm by stuey »
bobjimwilly wrote:
roversdude wrote:

The worrying thing is we've got him for the next 3 years  :blink:

Thank god other supporters have noticed how bad Martis is. Worst player in a Hooped shirt last night by mile. He's BY FAR the worst center half we've had all season.

Let the ball bounce 2 or 3 times that nearly led to good chances, his passing (if you can call hoofing out for a goal kick every time, passing) is awful. His defending is very suspect, Carrol went past him a few times like he wasn't even there.

I hope he turns it around and proves me wrong, but he's got a lot of convincing to do.

Sam west stand b

« Reply #16 on March 24, 2010, 09:59:36 pm by Sam west stand b »
too right wilson deserves to be 2nd in the man of the match he was the only player to have an assist last night so i can see why hes up there  :huh:

Jonathan

« Reply #17 on March 24, 2010, 10:21:29 pm by Jonathan »
The Wilson booing didn't surprise me where some of the culprits are concerned. The irony of these people berating other fans for not getting behind the team, before jeering a player that'd had a good game, will be totally lost on them.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 25, 2010, 09:16:14 am by Ldr »
River Don wrote:
stockyboy wrote:
mushRTID wrote:

My mate christened him the new \"Dangerous\" Dave Morley on Satdi. I wouldn't go that far yet, I haven't seen enough of him, hopefully it's just a bit of a confidence thing and he'll get back on form soon.

I see him more of a Dean Walling type disaster  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012