Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:07:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last time we were in League 1.  (Read 3277 times)

acacia94

• VSC Member
Last time we were in League 1.
« on April 22, 2012, 12:39:28 am by acacia94 »
I dug this little film out tonight I made of the Cheltenham cliffhanger 4 years ago. its been sat on the computer for 4 years. If you were there, seems like a lifetime away eh?

Have a look here:

http://youtu.be/9Uc6Yt6U_8w

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Last time we were in League 1.
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2012, 02:33:31 am by BobG »
Thank you Acacia. I enjoyed that. Nicely done.

BobG

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2012, 02:07:06 pm by acacia94 »
Cheers Bob. I remember that day feeling a lot worse than being relegated a week ago. I guess we were going in opposite directions and the pain of missing out on going straight up was harder to take. Be nice to see a few wins next season – been in short supply.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2012, 02:59:09 pm by RedJ »
Cheers Bob. I remember that day feeling a lot worse than being relegated a week ago. I guess we were going in opposite directions and the pain of missing out on going straight up was harder to take. Be nice to see a few wins next season – been in short supply.

I always think to myself how gutted I felt knowing we'd bottled, but then I just think "if we hadn't bottled that we'd never have had our 'Wembley moment'."

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2012, 04:05:56 pm by RoversAlias »

I always think to myself how gutted I felt knowing we'd bottled, but then I just think "if we hadn't bottled that we'd never have had our 'Wembley moment'."

Same, in the end I think we were all pretty chuffed to lose that Cheltenham game. Of course it could have gone differently...

I wasn't luckily enough to get a ticket to the Cheltenham game, so watched on Soccer Saturday. What a dramatic afternoon, I remember just standing in the garden looking out over the fields after full time, getting the disappointment out of my system and gearng up for the play-off push.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2012, 04:31:15 pm by mushRTID »
I didnt think we had a chance in the play offs after that - i was certain it was too big a blow to pick ourselves up from.

Didnt SOD send them all out drinking that night to try and get over it? Great decision if so.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2012, 05:08:32 pm by Dimples-D »

Or our best performance at KM, the 5-1 semi final win...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2012, 05:32:30 pm by RobTheRover »
Thanks for sharing that Acacia94.  A brilliant reminder of a day that started with hope, expectation and excitement and ended with disappointment, anxiety and doubts.  I took a bottle of champagne (Piper-Heidsieck - proper stuff too, none of that cheap muck) in a cool box in the boot of the car to crack open and celebrate our promotion.  It stayed there, and went to Wembley with us instead, getting passed round the coach on the way back.  Happy days.

And you must have been sat very close to me in that side stand.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2012, 05:47:18 pm by Barmby Rover »
I was sat right near the left hand goal post at the front. I have never seen anybody work as hard in a football match as Matt Mills did in the second half of that match, he was in defence, propping up midfield and then going forward to act as an extra centre forward at times. It was hard to believe he was a loan player at the time, pity some of our loanees could not have "bought in" to Rovers in the same way this season.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2012, 07:12:52 pm by esdailles left foot »
oh yeah couldn't get a ticket (remember those days) so stood in the cheltenham end winking at the many rovers fans. good times

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2012, 07:23:26 pm by rover-n-out »
Thanks for that Acacia, the music really makes it. Never been an Oasis fan, but that's a brilliant version of the song, who is it?.

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2012, 07:23:52 pm by Wokingviking »
Great film - thanks Acacia.

Mrs Robinson nicked my seat that day.  Can't really argue with Rovers aristocracy though eh?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2012, 07:35:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Great vid, one of the best Rovers vids ever! Matchday is so much more than the goals, you really captured something there, thanks :)

Me and my boy managed to get in the corner by the Yeates Garage clock - memories of motionless people around bursting to jump for joy when we scored, one daring to clench both fists though keeping them firmly down by his side. Then those that went limp and didn't jump for joy when Chelts scored - a lot of Rovers fans in that away end.

R-N-O - Ryan Adams
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:42:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2012, 07:45:57 pm by StocktonRover »
That away end was painful, all around us knew who were Rovers by the way we failed to celebrate them scoring and slyly gave a Yesssss..... with clenched fist at low level when we scored.
Managed to get 10 tickets in there for me and my mates by calling in favours from aquaintances in Bristol and Preston (who had a son at Uni in Cheltenham).

Great video.

Mr Brightside

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2012, 08:37:45 pm by Mr Brightside »

I agree  Acacia that day was a sickening feeling, I felt we'd gifted Forest automatic promotion and come to think of it promotion 'cos I don't think they'd have had a 'Wembley moment' like we did.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2012, 08:58:56 pm by philsky »
That away end was painful, all around us knew who were Rovers by the way we failed to celebrate them scoring and slyly gave a Yesssss..... with clenched fist at low level when we scored.
Managed to get 10 tickets in there for me and my mates by calling in favours from aquaintances in Bristol and Preston (who had a son at Uni in Cheltenham).

Great video.

I bit like Boston away all those years ago.

Pretty much a Rovers home match.

Champione Champione

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2012, 10:46:50 pm by acacia94 »
Cheers folks.
It was just one of those games where, apart from the Richardson bit, people were really devastated. That group of lads at the back of the stand in the film, just stood there dumbfounded after the final whistle. Remember 2 youngish lads sat with their shirts pulled over their heads probably having a bit of a blubber, and outside there was a 30'ish woman just bawling her eyes out. To cap it off a bit later Wellens came out in the car park and was in bits. Just ranting and raving. Think we all just thought it had slipped from between our fingers. All came good though eh.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 23, 2012, 01:39:39 pm by donnyroversfc »
oh yeah couldn't get a ticket (remember those days) so stood in the cheltenham end winking at the many rovers fans. good times

Same here, what end was you in? A few of us all congregated to the corner of the stand behind the goal. I remember a few rovers fans near us got kicked out for chanting donny dog  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012