Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:16:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FREE MATCH TICKETS  (Read 2819 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
FREE MATCH TICKETS
« on April 25, 2012, 04:11:29 pm by VivaRovers »

Popular STAND fanzine has joined up with the Doncaster Rovers Belles to try and encourage more Rovers fans to get along and support the Belles in their FA Women's Super League campaign. The summer season means it's the perfect football fix, enabling you to cheer on the red and white hoops all year round.

As part of our link up we're delighted that Issue 58 of the fanzine, on sale at Saturday's game, will contain a voucher for a FREE ticket for one adult and one child, for the Belles opening home League game of the season against Everton on Sunday.

The Belles do Doncaster proud, not only on the field, but in terms of their community involvement too and it'd be great if folk could show their support. The Belles record FAWSL attendance is 866 and they want to push past that to the 1,000 mark this Sunday. So please take advantage of the offer, or get along anyway (Adults £6, Children £3) on Sunday to cheer on the Belles at the Keepmoat (2pm kick-off).

We've set up a facebook event for those attending. So feel free to join that for further info and plans to try and get a Belles Barmy Army going to give the side some added support.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: FREE MATCH TICKETS
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2012, 04:38:09 pm by RedJ »
out of interest, do they actually have any songs sung at their games or is it just like a charity match (i.e. they just sit and chat)? I love football and I'd consider going but it'd be that much more attractive to me if there was my kind of good fan experience

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2012, 05:17:23 pm by VivaRovers »
There is sporadic chanting and Bell ringing, but one of the reasons we're doing this promotion is to try and encourage a better atmosphere. So if you're prepared to join us in getting songs/chants and general noise going then there will be some

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 25, 2012, 05:21:06 pm by jonnydog »
You're just a perv RJ, plain and simple!! Don't be making out you aren't just going to watch the ladies in short shorts  ;)

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2012, 06:38:12 pm by stuey »
out of interest, do they actually have any songs sung at their games or is it just like a charity match (i.e. they just sit and chat)? I love football and I'd consider going but it'd be that much more attractive to me if there was my kind of good fan experience

Sunday league at best. Both the atmosphere and the standard of football.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2012, 07:12:02 pm by VivaRovers »
...I love football and I'd consider going but it'd be that much more attractive to me if there was my kind of good fan experience

Sunday league at best. Both the atmosphere and the standard of football.

Strongly disagree in regards to the quality of football, and I'm sure others who've been in the past season will do too. The Belles aren't helped by playing in the Keepmoat Stadium. Crowds of 600 would give a decent atmosphere at a smaller ground, akin to those used by other FAWSL teams, but it does rattle around a little in the Keepmoat. This promotion is being done as a step to try and address that; ie. get more folk in and get the side backed by something approaching a home atmosphere.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2012, 08:05:38 pm by stuey »
So you admit the atmosphere is poor then? So we agree on that. As for the football, we'll have to agree to disagree i'm afraid, as i've found it very poor. The goalkeeping i find particularly bad and I'm amazed that games don't finish 15-14. But then i suppose that's down to the standard of strikers haha

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2012, 08:49:51 pm by VivaRovers »
Aye the atmosphere isn't the best, which is one of the reasons why we're driving this promotion to try and help address that. The players themselves have remarked that the Keepmoat with 600 or so in can be a bit soulless (indeed we've probably all felt that way on occasion with 10,000 in), so we're trying to give them the backing their efforts in representing the town at the top level deserve.

As for the standards, yep we will have to disagree. It clearly isn't as strong a standard as the top level of the men's game, but I think 'Sunday League' is unecessarily derogatory.

Hopefully plenty of folk will come and judge for themselves; thats the basis for the free ticket offer. Get Rovers fans to come and see what the Belles and the FAWSL is about.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2012, 08:52:18 pm by RedJ »
sounds decent, will it be just I'm guessing the West Stand that's open though?

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2012, 09:03:06 pm by stuey »

As for the standards, yep we will have to disagree. It clearly isn't as strong a standard as the top level of the men's game, but I think 'Sunday League' is unecessarily derogatory.

You're right and i take that back, my apologies to all sunday league footballers, womens football is much worse.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2012, 09:34:09 pm by VivaRovers »
Can't help but feel I unwittingly set Stuey up for that...

sounds decent, will it be just I'm guessing the West Stand that's open though?

Its just the East Stand RedJ, the turnstiles towards the South End of the ground. You'll need to get a match ticket from the ticket office beforehand (on the day). If you pick up a fanzine, fill in the voucher and take it to the ticket office to exchange for tickets.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 25, 2012, 09:53:09 pm by RedJ »
right, thanks Viva, I'll definitely have a look

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 25, 2012, 10:19:14 pm by jonnydog »
I bet you will you filthy beast!!  :laugh:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2012, 02:08:08 pm by VivaRovers »
Did I mention the free ticket offer is for one adult and one child?
Come on people... Back the Belles!

(Not so subtle bump up page)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2012, 02:18:48 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

Does it include a post match dressing room tour?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 26, 2012, 02:21:51 pm by donnyroversfc »

You may use my invisibilty cloak for that Stu.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 26, 2012, 02:24:03 pm by VivaRovers »

The Belles set-up has been very accommodating with this offer... so perhaps if you ask them nicely Stu

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 26, 2012, 02:39:09 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
*Stares wistfully into the distance*

TinyPortal © 2005-2012