Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:24:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wheres saunders?  (Read 4058 times)

lee.j09

• Forum Member
wheres saunders?
« on April 28, 2012, 04:32:22 pm by lee.j09 »
im a fan of his i like the man, but where was he in the lap ??

:thumbdown:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Scooter

• VSC Member
Re: wheres saunders?
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2012, 04:33:29 pm by Scooter »
Maybe in the boardroom collecting his P45? :chair:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2012, 09:53:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
He does not need your appreciation he uses his own sound bites to appreciate himself.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2012, 09:59:41 pm by Viking Don »
Does anyone really care that much? It was f***ing freezing and it was really just for the few fans that had the patience to wait until the guys had put their make-up back on. When probably nine tenths of the crowd had already f***ed off why bother? It should have just been done after the final whisthle, and to TBF a lot of the players did go around BEFORE they went down the tunnel.

Jeez what do some of you want, a BJ?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2012, 10:01:22 pm by Scooter »
Does anyone really care that much? It was f***ing freezing and it was really just for the few fans that had the patience to wait until the guys had put their make-up back on. When probably nine tenths of the crowd had already f***ed off why bother? It should have just been done after the final whisthle, and to TBF a lot of the players did go around BEFORE they went down the tunnel.

Jeez what do some of you want, a BJ?

Is that an offer? :ermm:

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2012, 10:02:50 pm by Viking Don »
I'll take my teeth out just for you my lovely

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2012, 10:03:59 pm by Scooter »
I'll take my teeth out just for you my lovely

:woohoo:

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 28, 2012, 10:05:38 pm by Viking Don »
I'll probably put em back in just before the best bit though

cas rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 28, 2012, 10:15:01 pm by cas rover »
dissapointing end to a dissapointing season
roll on next season and bring it on

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 28, 2012, 10:32:50 pm by Viking Don »
The geezer just probably wanted his players to go round the ground and show their appreciation, without folk booing him and spoiling it. Is it that difficult really, we get to hear Dean on the TV, radio and on Rovers World.

Brian Clough didn't go on the pitch after Forest won some trophy, the 'special one' didn't go on after his side won the Champions league, it's about those who don't normally have a voice, not the manager who does.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 28, 2012, 10:41:55 pm by mutleyrover »
DS probably got sick of waiting too.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 28, 2012, 11:42:39 pm by Barmby Rover »
When I saw a lot of folks leave after the third by Ipswich, and then who stayed after the game my thoughts are that there is the core support for Rovers, about 1500 - 2000 of us to be charitable. That is why as the Ipswich fans were chanting at us, is why we're going down. Without carrying a substantial amount of followers we can never afford the team that JR deserves as a Chairman, and why our pipe dreams of Championship football again are probably just that. I am and always will be RTID, but not enough folks in Donny feel the same way.
A tear cast today, I hope I am just pessimistic for the future and wrong, but I do wonder.  :(

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 28, 2012, 11:46:54 pm by Standanista »
I'll probably put em back in just before the best bit though
Hahahaha.  Be careful, it might set solid like a mix of Superglue and Steradent.

neil grainger

« Reply #13 on April 29, 2012, 12:05:30 am by neil grainger »
When I saw a lot of folks leave after the third by Ipswich, and then who stayed after the game my thoughts are that there is the core support for Rovers, about 1500 - 2000 of us to be charitable. That is why as the Ipswich fans were chanting at us, is why we're going down. Without carrying a substantial amount of followers we can never afford the team that JR deserves as a Chairman, and why our pipe dreams of Championship football again are probably just that. I am and always will be RTID, but not enough folks in Donny feel the same way.
A tear cast today, I hope I am just pessimistic for the future and wrong, but I do wonder.  :(

You have just summed up my feelings perfectly Barmby.

Like you, I stood there in the freezing cold like an idiot waiting for the players to honour us with their presence!

I also watched the group of about 20 Ipswich supporters who stayed behind long after all the other Ipswich fans had left, in order to applaud the Rovers players. Massive credit to them - true football fans.

Speaking of which... I truly believe we have a good core of supporters who will follow Rovers through thick and thin. I know we don't number thousands, but we are enough.

I for one am looking forward to next season and I'm sure there are more great times ahead.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 29, 2012, 12:09:18 am by Chris Black come back »
Problem is that beyond that hardcore of support no bugger else in Donny is ever arsed to come down and support Rovers - even during arguably the most successful period in over 130 years of our history, playing some of the best football ever played by a Rovers team. The future looks bleak as the town is going to be hammered economically over the next few years and nobody is going to have a pot to piss in.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 29, 2012, 01:28:57 am by Thinwhiteduke »

Can we not tar everybody with the same brush please?

I left on 88 mins to go pick my mother up from home in Epworth to then drive to Scunthorpe to see my Dad in Hospital who is seriously ill........I got back home approx 2 hours ago.

Im sure there are plenty who had genuine reasons for leaving whenever they did, and Im not buying that makes me and less of a supporter thanks.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2012, 02:24:30 am by RedJ »

Can we not tar everybody with the same brush please?

I left on 88 mins to go pick my mother up from home in Epworth to then drive to Scunthorpe to see my Dad in Hospital who is seriously ill........I got back home approx 2 hours ago.

Im sure there are plenty who had genuine reasons for leaving whenever they did, and Im not buying that makes me and less of a supporter thanks.

I think it was more the fact that the mass exodus began virtually immediately after their goal than the fact that people left early that BR is irritated with

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2012, 09:12:55 am by Mr1Croft »
I believe that this is the reason the players waited 15 minutes untill after the match. They wanted those who weren't bothered to leave and so Saunders had an excuse of rushing back into the tunnel when the full whistle went.
He has now completely ignored an invitation from a fans society (NOT THE VSC) to take part in a fans forum (didn't even have the dignity to respond) and ignored the 1500 fans who genuinley stayed in the cold. Those that were gonna boo already left. The guy has shown not one piece of commitment towards the fans, although its not all doom and gloom his soundbites would make him a great replacement of the PA in my opinion. Perhaps the PA has hidden talent in management, as he us just about all we can afford to replace Saunders at the minute...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012