Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:33:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bramall quote  (Read 4980 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Bramall quote
« on June 19, 2012, 01:25:49 pm by mushRTID »
Said Mr Bramall:” Dick and I left the board for various reasons but overall I think it has proved to have had a beneficial effect if you look where we are today compared to where we were at the end of December.

“We’ve never stopped being shareholders and putting money into the club - we may have wanted it to appear as though we had - and it certainly livened things up. We stepped down as directors for different reasons.

It was all a game then?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Re: Bramall quote
« Reply #1 on June 19, 2012, 01:30:26 pm by keyser_soze »
if you look where we are today compared to where we were at the end of December.

Not counting the relegation I assume.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 19, 2012, 01:31:54 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
It's things like this that continue to break fans trust, because nobody knows what is happening. Why would they want to give the impression that they were no longer involved, but they actually were?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:34:44 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 19, 2012, 01:41:44 pm by Spankster »
so we could get the stadium at a cheaper rent/deal?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 19, 2012, 01:44:28 pm by silent majority »

No. As I've stated before, and I did sit in on the meetings, the wealth or not of the DRFC board had no bearing on the outcome of the deal between DRFC and DMBC.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 19, 2012, 01:51:52 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »

No. As I've stated before, and I did sit in on the meetings, the wealth or not of the DRFC board had no bearing on the outcome of the deal between DRFC and DMBC.

Thats why I asked the question, I remembered SM had informed us before (cheers mate) regarding the finances of the Board had nothing to do with it, so what is the answer?

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 19, 2012, 01:53:53 pm by TommyC »
Does nobody remember this happening during the negotiations with the Council for the new stadium?? Seem to recall that it was about the time when we parted Company with Steve Wignall.

The Council were playing hard ball over the new stadium so JR and Wetzel confirmed that they were stepping down or not investing anymore or something like that. Looks like we used the same tactic here as well.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 19, 2012, 02:33:12 pm by silent majority »

Thats why I asked the question, I remembered SM had informed us before (cheers mate) regarding the finances of the Board had nothing to do with it, so what is the answer?

What you have to remember is that John is incredibly loyal, to the point sometimes where its detrimental. You only have to look at his attitude towards the managers at DRFC to see that, what other club keeps them as long as we do?

So, this is my guess, and it is just that, that TB and DW wanted to see other changes in the running and management of Doncaster Rovers. Two things were happening round that time which could have influenced their decision, and maybe they wanted to put some emphasis into what they wanted to see, Firstly, the stadium deal had stalled, possibly due to a misunderstanding or two, but it wasn't going anywhere then because (my understanding) we were getting cold feet. And secondly, and more importantly, we had a CEO in place who didn't seem to want to budge. I'm not bringing into question DM's ability here, but when GB was becoming noticeable to the board maybe that had a bearing. As I've said its just guesswork, but bot these changes have come about after TB and DW stepped down.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 19, 2012, 02:53:58 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Thanks again SM I hate to seem to have a go at the board, but sometimes they don't help themselves with what they say. I still to this day do think John is as loyal as they come, it's just with everything that has happened over the last year, it's hard not to second guess certain things. Can't wait for the new developments in the club though.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:02:39 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 19, 2012, 09:12:02 pm by SkellowRover »
They left because they are not interested as they were losing money, we get the stadium with the potential to develop on it and BINGO they came back, doesn't take a genius to work out why.
As for Bramall putting money in, does that mean we were lied to when we were told by the club (JR iirc) that he had stopped investing before last season started and that only JR & DW would be doing the major funding.
Also how do the rest of the board feel about everything that's going on? answers on a postcard ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 19, 2012, 10:45:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I don;t recall JR ever said that, I think he said he'd left the board, there's a difference.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 19, 2012, 11:58:09 pm by BobG »
1) the words 'trust', 'watson', 'bramhall' don't make a comfortable sentence do they?

2) I can't prove it right now BFYP but I do think Skellow is spot on with his recollection. Indeed, I have a memory that the alleged withdrawal of funding took place a relatively long time ago tbh. I could check, but I'm not sure I can be arsed.

BobG

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 20, 2012, 08:28:51 am by donnybel »
Once again, the board need to get themselves sorted for the club as a whole to progress.  I just hope Gavin Baldwin doesn't end up feeling like he's banging his head against the wall.

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 20, 2012, 10:03:38 am by weststander »
At Monday's forum John Ryan made an opening remark about nearly not making the meeting as, after reading this forum, his wife had found him and had to "cut him down". I know people will react with the right to free speach, I just think that this sort of analysis of everything the board says and does isn't always helpful.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 20, 2012, 10:48:14 am by The Red Baron »
At Monday's forum John Ryan made an opening remark about nearly not making the meeting as, after reading this forum, his wife had found him and had to "cut him down". I know people will react with the right to free speach, I just think that this sort of analysis of everything the board says and does isn't always helpful.

I agree- I think maybe it is time to sit back and see what happens in the coming months rather than either raking over old ground or considering possible scenarios, whether good or bad.

Cards on the table- I'm not a great fan of Dean Saunders, but let's see how he does up to Christmas and then look at where we are.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 20, 2012, 11:52:52 am by Wild Rover »

Cards on the table- I'm not a great fan of Dean Saunders, but let's see how he does up to Christmas and then look at where we are.
[/quote]

Cards on the table.....If he is afforded the same financial support SOD was ( very doubtful with Budgetery restrictions now in place that were not as rigid under SOD ) i expect DS to be a very good manager, with the restrictions just a good one.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 20, 2012, 12:06:59 pm by SkellowRover »
I don;t recall JR ever said that, I think he said he'd left the board, there's a difference.

I'm going way back before they quit the board bfyp. JR said TB was no longer investing into the club and if i remember correctly our chief executive said the same thing at the fans forum at retford at the start of last season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 20, 2012, 03:55:19 pm by RedJ »

I agree- I think maybe it is time to sit back and see what happens in the coming months rather than either raking over old ground or considering possible scenarios, whether good or bad.

Don't take this as a bold prediction of a repeat, for God's sake, but look where we were at Christmas in THAT season.

Unless we're in a relegation dogfight, which I don't believe we'll be in, then I think we should give him the full season to judge him on. Like Ryan said - "give the bloke a chance".

TinyPortal © 2005-2012