Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:27:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre Season  (Read 4633 times)

MartinB

Pre Season
« on July 15, 2012, 04:21:21 pm by MartinB »
Seems to me no one can be arsed, the OS never made any sort of report on the game not even the score. No comments on the game and who looked good etc...no gossip on trialists.

I always used to be excited in pre-season, not so much this year. Even this forum is dull about the upcoming campaign.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Pre Season
« Reply #1 on July 15, 2012, 04:30:57 pm by RoversAlias »
I agree, loads of other clubs with plenty of coverage of their pre-season. Not a smidgen here. I imagine at this rate I'll roll up to the York game be surprised to find 5 unannounced new signings in the team. That or we just won't sign anyone. Maybe they'll put the friendly results in the programme...

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 15, 2012, 04:40:11 pm by SIRFRAN »
Probably pick up from the next game, we only played cleethorpe town, was never gonna be much coverage was there for a game that small!! Pre season kicks off properly now!!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 15, 2012, 05:01:26 pm by deebee »
You will probably find the report will be on tomorrow when they get back in the office. Cleethorpes
will not have the facilities I imagine to access the OS. The media team will have gone straight home after the game they don't work Sundays so expect to see it on DROS on Monday.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 15, 2012, 05:09:34 pm by MrFrost »
Other clubs manage it. To be honest, I can't remember I used DROS for anything, and can't see that changing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 15, 2012, 05:21:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Other clubs manage it. To be honest, I can't remember I used DROS for anything, and can't see that changing.

No point moaning on here, raise it with the club seeing as they're open to all these things right now.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 15, 2012, 05:35:03 pm by Pintolager »
You will probably find the report will be on tomorrow when they get back in the office. Cleethorpes
will not have the facilities I imagine to access the OS. The media team will have gone straight home after the game they don't work Sundays so expect to see it on DROS on Monday.

Agree with your point deebee, but it seems to be the case that because we live in a society that we need everything here and now, that people become impatient with organisations etc. But that is a debate for the off topic section

adsrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 15, 2012, 06:16:06 pm by adsrover »

Rovers  report on free press site.

MartinB

« Reply #9 on July 15, 2012, 09:45:41 pm by MartinB »

Agree with your point deebee, but it seems to be the case that because we live in a society that we need everything here and now, that people become impatient with organisations etc. But that is a debate for the off topic section

Suppose you would if you paid for Rovers Player

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 15, 2012, 10:01:43 pm by Al4475 »
Look like Baxendale may get a chance! GOOD!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 15, 2012, 10:32:19 pm by hoolahoop »

Yep one bright light in a very dark sky.

mina75

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 16, 2012, 08:04:31 am by mina75 »
No reason why Cleethorpes wouldn't have the media facilities very nice set up for such a small club. If you want a match report i will try to give you one Rovers started with G.Woods, McCormick,Friend,Wakefield,Husband,Cotterill,Syers,Stock,Bennett,Brown and Morgan-Smith.

Played some decent stuff on a bobbly pitch Syers looked good so did Wakefield although would be interresting against better opposition Brown scored Rovers 1st goal after about 15mins, Cotterill looked sharp Stocks passing was good Bennett still appeared light weight.

2nd half team started with Maxted,McCormick,Friend,Wakefield,Husband,Keegan,M.Woods,Ball,a.n.other,a.n.other,a.n.other.

We started well Ball's movement looked good we got a pen scored by Ball they started to kick lumps out of out players ref had to ask for 2 players to be taken off i think for verbal abuse it stayed 2-0 for next 30 mins we took off Friend put on Brian Carey (assistant Manager) looked best centre half in last 2 years heads the ball better than Martis. Saunders came on for last 15mins Scored we scored a 4th soon after and then conceded 2 all in all decent run out.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 16, 2012, 09:25:06 am by Alan_Rovers »

Stop talking rubbish. The service and standard on DROSS is not good enough.

All they need to update the website is a laptop and an internet connection. If there wasn't one at Cleethorpes then they should have taken a dongle.

LINCrover2

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 16, 2012, 10:31:13 am by LINCrover2 »
I am pretty sure that someone wouldn't mind doing it for them every week for free! I have just finished a degree in journalism and I know so many people that would have loved the chance to do work experience with a football club every week. All Rovers would have to do is give him an admin log on and a press pass to every game.

He can then do match reports as a basic minimum and if he wants to do more and improve the site, then its free improvements for the rovers and good experience for the lad/lass that takes it on.

Win/Win situation.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #15 on July 16, 2012, 06:07:46 pm by Rovin Reporter »
I doubtbifbyou would need a degree to print this rubbish .

LINCrover2

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 17, 2012, 10:57:14 am by LINCrover2 »
I doubtbifbyou would need a degree to print this rubbish .

Probs not, but the experience would look good for someone wanting a career in the media.

Really easy to sort out, the club get free labour from someone that does have an idea about writing and the lad gets invaluable on the job experience.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 17, 2012, 11:04:45 am by Wade Falana »

I thought he had a great game, quick, confident on the ball and a great pass for the last goal. Why haven't we signed this lad up before someone else does?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012