Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:15:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lokilo  (Read 7601 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Lokilo
« Reply #30 on February 27, 2020, 08:28:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
You mean, like the Marquis money was?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 27, 2020, 08:45:00 pm by ravenrover »
Is it not beyond possibility that 1 or 2 loanees could turn into permanents next season?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 27, 2020, 09:09:27 pm by drfchound »
Which ones do you think we might get raven?
Serious question, not being funny here.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 28, 2020, 07:59:07 am by 5 on Tour »
I think Sheaf is the most likely Loan to turn into a permanent. He’s not getting into the Arsenal team and DM spoke about it being a possibility a little while ago.

Dieng - can’t see that happening. QPR rate him and I would imagine him being number 2 for them next season.

John/Ennis. Both Wolves lads and both with bright futures. The only reason I don’t think we will get them is that Championship clubs will.

Ramsey - more chance of me signing than him.

Lokilo - I think this is already agreed. Why take a loan that isn’t fit or ready to play? It’s basically March and he hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for the first team yet.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 28, 2020, 08:47:00 am by ravenrover »
5 has probably answered the question for me hound but would add Ennis as a possible

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 28, 2020, 11:31:06 am by drfchound »
Cheers for the opinions.
I will be surprised if we get more than one.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 28, 2020, 12:06:39 pm by ravenrover »
So would I but it's not beyond the realms of possibility

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 28, 2020, 12:27:20 pm by The Red Baron »
I wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey is back on loan next season. He's still very young and League One might still be the best place for him, at least for the first half of the season.

Wolves will be looking to sell Ennis and John or loan them to the Championship.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 28, 2020, 12:57:51 pm by elmsallrover »
Do you think that ennis and John are championship quality on the evidence I've seen this season I would say not yet

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 28, 2020, 01:03:05 pm by The Red Baron »
Do you think that ennis and John are championship quality on the evidence I've seen this season I would say not yet

Don't forget they have had to play out of position quite a lot this season (although ultimately that will be good for their development). There was quite a lot of interest in John and a couple of months ago we thought we might lose him.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 28, 2020, 01:04:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think Sheaf is the most likely Loan to turn into a permanent. He’s not getting into the Arsenal team and DM spoke about it being a possibility a little while ago.

Dieng - can’t see that happening. QPR rate him and I would imagine him being number 2 for them next season.

John/Ennis. Both Wolves lads and both with bright futures. The only reason I don’t think we will get them is that Championship clubs will.

Lokilo - I think this is already agreed. Why take a loan that isn’t fit or ready to play? It’s basically March and he hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for the first team yet.

Agreed apart from Dieng. QPR might rate him but I strongly doubt he'd be number 1 there, and he's getting on to be a number 2, even if good enough. They extended his contract, so he has some value to them. I'm sure he'd be happier with a move to a lower Championship club and if we'd got promoted that would be us.

As it is, I'd guess it's 3 way evens between us buying him, having him on another season's loan, and him being sold/loaned to another club. How he likes being in Donny, gets on with DM will be the main factors.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 28, 2020, 02:05:56 pm by 5 on Tour »

Agreed apart from Dieng. QPR might rate him but I strongly doubt he'd be number 1 there, and he's getting on to be a number 2, even if good enough. They extended his contract, so he has some value to them. I'm sure he'd be happier with a move to a lower Championship club and if we'd got promoted that would be us.

As it is, I'd guess it's 3 way evens between us buying him, having him on another season's loan, and him being sold/loaned to another club. How he likes being in Donny, gets on with DM will be the main factors.

He might pick us due to our tropical weather...

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 28, 2020, 02:32:33 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I think John as CB might get a Championship club and not sure where I'd play Ennis in the front line but would jump at the chance to sign him.  In spite of his obvious footballing skills it's his pace or lack of it that will limit the level he'll play at.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 28, 2020, 03:15:28 pm by jackthelad »

Agreed. John is a long way away from Championship football I feel.  Ennis slightly better but still not good enough.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 28, 2020, 04:39:18 pm by Spud »
I don't think John or Ennis have shone enough to be signing for Championship clubs next season, maybe if Cam had carried on at centre back for us but let's face it he can't get in our best side there so probably says it all.
I hope TRB's right & time is running out for Ramsey to do enough to make the jump up just yet, would love to see him back next season.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 28, 2020, 04:42:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ramsey's the most exciting prospect among the loanees, IMO.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 28, 2020, 05:04:27 pm by bpoolrover »
I don’t think any of the loans will be good enough for the championship next year, there still young and plenty of time for them but apart from deing not have been outstanding yet all have been steady

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 29, 2020, 05:34:53 pm by PDX_Rover »
Lokilo looked very good when he came on.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 29, 2020, 05:36:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Looks like a tricky winger with a killer left foot.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 29, 2020, 05:57:05 pm by karldew »
The leagues ones Zaha ;)

Anyone create anything with his song?;

We love (Tequila) Lokilo,
He makes me happy

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 29, 2020, 06:08:18 pm by bpoolrover »
Looked good fast and tricky Him on one wing Taylor on the other could cause problems

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 29, 2020, 06:09:17 pm by Campsall rover »
Please don’t judge Cameron John on his performances at left back as that’s not his position. As a centre back for us he has been outstanding and in my opinion is good enough to play at that level. He is going to be a very good player and think the premier league beckons for him in maybe 2/3 years.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 29, 2020, 06:17:31 pm by drfchound »
Looked good fast and tricky Him on one wing Taylor on the other could cause problems

Where would you play Sadlier though.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 29, 2020, 06:20:51 pm by Drover »

I think Wolves will decide in the summer,between selling them to league one/lower champ club or loaning to a championship club.Their choice is key.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 29, 2020, 10:20:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I think Wolves will decide in the summer,between selling them to league one/lower champ club or loaning to a championship club.Their choice is key.

Totally agree. I think Wolves will be delighted with John's and Ennis' development, not because it's been easy but because it's been difficult for them. They have had to adapt and play where they're not always comfortable.

As a defender you need to appreciate and understand your fellow defenders roles and John will certainly have learned a lot this season. I'm sure Wolves would want that to be tested at the highest possible level so he very well may be offered to a Championship club next season unless Wolves don't see a future for him at Premier level.

Same with Ennis. He has achieved much and scored goals, had the disappointment of injury to contend with, played different positions and mixed it with some tough defenders. Just my opinion of course but I think  the concern for his ability to make it to a higher level is his pace. He may need to adapt his game as he ages and gets stronger. He could carve out a successful future if he makes the right choices.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 29, 2020, 10:35:00 pm by bpoolrover »

Where would you play Sadlier though.
possibly thru the middle instead of ramsey or possibly Taylor and lokilo in the later stages when defences are tiring

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 01, 2020, 07:13:08 pm by drfchound »
I forgot to say yesterday, after the third goal I loved the way that every player, including Dieng, made sure they joined in the celebration with Lokilo.
It must have really made the lad feel part of things.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:16:11 am by drfchound »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on March 02, 2020, 08:59:22 am by Donnywolf »
I havent seen this posted anywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2zPj4az5x0

TinyPortal © 2005-2012