Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:15:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Finally Thatchers real reason of closing UK mines has come to light....  (Read 2221 times)

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58107009

Good old Maggie, a trailblazer for her environmental work closing mines near UK power stations so we could buy inferior coal from Russia whilst draining every bit of oil we had in the north sea. If they are not green credentials i don't know what is.

Laughable

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Well at least Johnson thinks closing the coal mines and not replacing them with anything, thus devastating northern working class communities, is funny because it 'gets people going'.

https://news.sky.com/story/row-as-boris-johnson-says-thatcher-gave-uk-early-start-in-climate-change-fight-by-closing-coal-mines-12373710

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19494503.boris-johnson-laughs-margaret-thatcher-closing-coal-mines-scottish-trip/

rich1471

• Forum Member
Margaret Thatcher gave the UK "a big early start" in the move away from coal-fired power by closing "so many coal mines", Boris Johnson has said.

"We're now down to less than 2%, I think it's I% of our energy comes from coal," the prime minister added.

He was speaking on a visit to an offshore wind farm in the Moray Firth.

The SNP said he had shown he was "completely out of touch with Scotland by making unbelievably crass jokes at the expense of our mining communities".

Labour said he should apologise for the "shameful" comments. Shocking comments even for Boris , the guy really is an idiot

roversdude

• VSC Member
Absolutely disgraceful and an insult to all the men who toiled away underground many of whom are still suffering. To top it off the government creamed off the surplus from the pension scheme

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
I'm surprised he needed a boat, following insults and tirades for years against all classes of people except those he's sees as his own class his complete dissing of the over 80s and now this, surely the man can walk on water. His supporters must think so.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Absolutely disgraceful and an insult to all the men who toiled away underground many of whom are still suffering. To top it off the government creamed off the surplus from the pension scheme

Not only did these men and their forebears fuel Britain and the worlds industrial revolution with pick and shovels they also fuelled the war effort without which the UK would have been unlikely to have survived as a group of nations and yet now they are the butt of king boris's jokes.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
another distraction for the media. If there's one thing he's good at...

belton rover

• Forum Member
After reading the article, it is quite clear he was ‘laughing’ at one individual off mic, on the boat. He made the ‘get you going’ quip to the same individual.
Silly? Yes
Unprofessional? Yes
Mocking and laughing in the faces of every individual affected by the closures? No

But hey, don’t let the facts stop you.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
After reading the article, it is quite clear he was ‘laughing’ at one individual off mic, on the boat. He made the ‘get you going’ quip to the same individual.
Silly? Yes
Unprofessional? Yes
Mocking and laughing in the faces of every individual affected by the closures? No

If he made these offensive remarks to someone off-mic too, you'd have a point.

He didn't.

You don't.

But hey, don't let the facts stop you.

PS Another fact you seem to have missed - he didn't say the 'get you going' remark to one individual as you said he did, but to the same reporters (plural) he made the original remarks to.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:49:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

belton rover

• Forum Member
Silly? Yes
Unprofessional? Yes

He didn't.

You don't.

PS Another fact you seem to have missed - he didn't say the 'get you going' remark to one individual as you said he did, but to the same reporters (plural) he made the original remarks to.

‘At this point he speaks to someone on the boat with him. He says: “I thought that would get you going.” ‘

This suggests one person. But that’s not really my point. My point is he was not laughing at victims of pit closures. He was laughing at ‘someone’ out of shot.

I don’t have any issues with anyone condemning Johnson for any idiotic thing he does, but I do take issue with the b*llocks on here from some people who insist something happened that clearly didn’t.

Isn’t there enough actual buffoonery going on to satisfy you and yours without making stuff up?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Silly? Yes
Unprofessional? Yes

He didn't.

You don't.

‘At this point he speaks to someone on the boat with him. He says: “I thought that would get you going.” ‘

This suggests one person. But that’s not really my point. My point is he was not laughing at victims of pit closures. He was laughing at ‘someone’ out of shot.

I don’t have any issues with anyone condemning Johnson for any idiotic thing he does, but I do take issue with the b*llocks on here from some people who insist something happened that clearly didn’t.

Isn’t there enough actual buffoonery going on to satisfy you and yours without making stuff up?

Something that clearly didn't happen? Me and mine making stuff up? And that includes the BBC now, does it?

"Visiting a Scottish wind farm on Thursday, Mr Johnson told reporters: "Thanks to Margaret Thatcher, who closed so many coal mines across the country, we had a big early start and we're now moving rapidly away from coal altogether."

He is reported to have laughed and added: "I thought that would get you going."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58117044

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:56:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

belton rover

• Forum Member
Glyn. Wind your neck in. I’m talking about those, on here, who are suggesting that Johnson was laughing at thousands of people who were affected by pit closures.
He wasn’t.
That didn’t happen.
It’s that simple.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
So he was being serious? It doesn't sound like he was.

belton rover

• Forum Member
He was being silly and unprofessional.
I’ve already said that.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Yes but it was a disgusting thing to do, it was the last Labour Government that did that a right set of 'Tards'

drfchound

• Forum Member
Yes but it was a disgusting thing to do, it was the last Labour Government that did that a right set of 'Tards'

If that is true then is it surprising that it hasn’t been mentioned on here.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Glyn. Wind your neck in. I’m talking about those, on here, who are suggesting that Johnson was laughing at thousands of people who were affected by pit closures.
He wasn’t.
That didn’t happen.
It’s that simple.

By making a quip about Thatcher and the mines, he clearly doesn't give a shit about those who were affected, as he wouldn't have made such a pointless/careless remark.

belton rover

• Forum Member
He wasn’t.
That didn’t happen.
It’s that simple.

By making a quip about Thatcher and the mines, he clearly doesn't give a shit about those who were affected, as he wouldn't have made such a pointless/careless remark.

I don’t disagree, Bob. He might well not give a shit.
What’s that got to with my point?

River Don

• Forum Member
another distraction for the media. If there's one thing he's good at...

Exactly this. He was asked a difficult question about climate change. Whether or not he was prepared to put a firm date on phasing out fossil fuel use...

And he came out with this, it was plainly a distraction.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member

The predominant group who post on here vote Labour they tend not to Post anything negative about the Labour Party..You will recall Circa 2006 The Solicitor Beresford came onto the board on the back of the £100 million he had made out of the minerworkers Pension fund shenanigans of Blairs Government.

drfchound

• Forum Member

The predominant group who post on here vote Labour they tend not to Post anything negative about the Labour Party..You will recall Circa 2006 The Solicitor Beresford came onto the board on the back of the £100 million he had made out of the minerworkers Pension fund shenanigans of Blairs Government.

Now that you mention that Sproty, I do remember Betesford.
Odd, isn’t it, that it has gone unmentioned earlier in the thread.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member

What Government shenanigans was that then?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 11:39:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

5 July 2021

And the latest on the miners pension fund that sooooooo concerns you hound

''Calls for the government to give £1.2bn of pension funds to ex-miners have been rejected, in what has been described as a "slap in the face".

Currently the government gets half of any surplus from the miners' scheme, a deal that has made it £4.4bn so far.

In April, a parliamentary committee called for a review of the arrangement but the government has said it believed the scheme was "fair and beneficial".

A former Nottinghamshire miner said he was "devastated" by the decision''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-57697818

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Another thing that the lack lustre Journos could have fired back when he came out with his quip / joke / distraction was ....

If you are intent on building on Mrs Thatchers "good start" why has YOUR Government approved a new deep Mine in Cumbria

... then the Journo could have said "a-ha I thought that would get YOU going"
https://www.mining-technology.com/features/can-a-new-deep-coal-mine-be-reconciled-with-the-uks-climate-pledges/

Muttley

• VSC Member
Beresford was involved in vibration white finger and COPD claims, not "Pension fund shenanigans of Blairs Government"

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Beresford was involved in vibration white finger and COPD claims, not "Pension fund shenanigans of Blairs Government"

thanks for putting the record straight Muttley

''Chairman David Leverton said "severe sanctions" were necessary, adding: "If ever there was a group of persons who needed the full care and attention from solicitors, it was these miners.

"Mr Beresford described himself as an entrepreneur. Unfortunately, his attitude allowed himself and Mr Smith to put commercial goals before his clients' best interests."

John Mann, Labour MP for Bassetlaw, who has launched complaints against a number of law firms on behalf of miners, welcomed the decision.

"Beresfords represent all that is wrong with today's money-driven professional classes. Jim Beresford is a modern-day King Midas, believing that everything he touched would turn to gold, but ending up as the man who would not listen.

"Even now Beresfords have failed to pay back many miners who they duped. I trust that cheques with compensation will be in the post by Monday."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/money-opinion/p-s-investigates/lawyers-at-berefords-guilty-of-duping-sick-534222

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Just another thread that some people, faced with another comment showing his true distain for working class communities from the ex-Bullingdon Club member:

'Working class men are likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless & hopeless - The Spectator 1995

'The group that supplies us with the chavs, the losers, the burglars, the drug addicts and the 70,000 people who are lost in our prisons and learning nothing except how to become more effective criminals.' - The Telegraph 2005

We can all read what he said to that jounalist in Scotland. We all know exactly what he meant. But the Johnson fan-boy spin machine tells us not to believe our eyes and ears.

Of course he wont apologise for any of these. Because what he said is what he belives and thats what you support.

https://fullfact.org/online/Boris-Johnson-working-men/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-said-bottom-20-21001578

tyke1962

• Forum Member
For a man of his supposed education it's actually quite laughable how his father Stanley wasted so much money on his idiot son .

The buffoon decides to look at the former coal industry with 2021 glasses on .

When Thatcher decided to decimate the coal industry there was nothing known at that time about C02's and it's harm to the planet .

In fact the coal industry given the times and the science available at the time was on to producing greener coal with the removal of sulphates .

They couldn't have done anymore with the knowledge they had back then .

If this buffoon wants to talk mining then I'd suggest he pays a visit to Cortonwood WMC one night and offers his views up to people who were actually there in 1984 - 85 .

See how that works out .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

For a man of his supposed education it's actually quite laughable how his father Stanley wasted so much money on his idiot son .

The buffoon decides to look at the former coal industry with 2021 glasses on .

When Thatcher decided to decimate the coal industry there was nothing known at that time about C02's and it's harm to the planet .

In fact the coal industry given the times and the science available at the time was on to producing greener coal with the removal of sulphates .

They couldn't have done anymore with the knowledge they had back then .

If this buffoon wants to talk mining then I'd suggest he pays a visit to Cortonwood WMC one night and offers his views up to people who were actually there in 1984 - 85 .

See how that works out .

Climate change was first flagged over a century ago Tyke and it wasn't his father that crowned him King of the UK but I do agree with the thrust of your comment.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Beresford made £100 million our of the Labour Party raid on the Mine Workers Pension fund Circa 2003 there was £13 Billion in it then and Labour Grabbed £6.5 Billion and then dreamt up the Divvy up to families of dead miners, I have got a brief case in my Garage which has approx 30 Letters from Beresford all charged at £30 each, I made a claim on behalf of my dead Father I did it because my step Dad who was dying in Hospital in May 2003 made me promise him I would claim. Half way through the Claim, Beresford conveniently lost the claim after 13 letters had been sent and started all over again! despite the fact I told them I had kept every letter!
When they had made over £1,000 out of my claim I got a settlement offer for £550 which would have been split between me and my brother.I sent them a letter and told them where to shove it! A Firm in Barnsley got Done for Fraud as I recall. The Labour Government pissed the money up the wall and then we had 'BROWNS BOTTOM.'
Which cost the tax payer a further £7 Billion.
So I never made a penny but got a good insight into the corrupt Labour Government at that time....."SORRY WE SPENT ALL OF THE MONEY!!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 12:06:02 pm by Sprotyrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012