Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:52:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: football league statement  (Read 2872 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: football league statement
« Reply #1 on July 17, 2014, 09:49:05 pm by Copps is Magic »
oooooooo..

.. now it's a 'business plan' that is needed and not necessarily the £5m.

Where is Jonathan to tell me how much we don't know what is going on. Or even if it is going on.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 17, 2014, 09:51:20 pm by StocktonRover »
what about the "as yet" bit - hopefully the interview from JR is more definite that "as yet"

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 17, 2014, 09:51:52 pm by coventryrover »
could having the fluid 5mill be part of a business plan though?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 17, 2014, 09:53:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Sounds like the Sequentia deal. Everything is hush hush, they wont even tell the FL.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 17, 2014, 09:55:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
oooooooo..

Where is Jonathan to tell me how much we don't know what is going on. Or even if it is going on.

In any club takeover it is a requirement for the prospective purchaser to provide a business plan and to demonstrate that the funding is in place to deliver on that plan
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:59:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 17, 2014, 09:58:25 pm by bigbadjack »
So are the FL saying provide us with the info we need and then you can have your takeover?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 17, 2014, 09:58:39 pm by hoolahoop »
oooooooo..

To have a business plan that's workable .......there MUST be the money surely. Otherwise any numpty can say "I'm taking over this or that club I have a fantastic business plan." Right say the Chairman of the Committee " how about another meeting on Thursday so we can discuss these figures ? "
"Sorry" says the numpty......" I can't make it that day it's my signing on day ! "

Money important now  ?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 17, 2014, 10:00:57 pm by PDX_Rover »
The Football League has issued the following statement in response to comments earlier today by John Ryan regarding the proposed takeover of Doncaster Rovers.

A Football League spokesman said: “In any club takeover it is a requirement for the prospective purchaser to provide a business plan and to demonstrate that the funding is in place to deliver on that plan.

“This is part of the League’s ongoing efforts to ensure the financial sustainability of our clubs.

“In this case, this fundamental requirement has not yet been met.

“We are in close contact with the club and will continue our dialogue.”

There's that word sustainable :) Again.

I don't expect JR will have made many friends at the FL with his Audioboo comments then.... Surely he would have been better advised to say something to the effect that he is working with the FL to iron out any shortcomings in the proposal... But no, walking away from football.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 17, 2014, 10:04:40 pm by Copps is Magic »
Maybe I am wrong here, but with a business plan there is usually a certain degree of speculation over where the funds will come from to implement that plan. In fact, arn't business plan a strategy to grow the business to secure those funds in the future?

At the same time there are clearly new financial regulations being implemented by the football league, of which, JR said the £5m was the stumbling block. So why did the FL mention the business plan?

Either a numpty wrote that statement, or, and I'm speculating here - the crowdfunding project was in some way part of the business plan and its failure is why we're in this mess.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 17, 2014, 10:09:08 pm by Lipsy »
Or it's just a statement from the statement-o-matic. Or a one-comment-suits-all, vanilla official statement.

I would doubt (and this plucked out of my brains) that they would go into specifics, or that a great deal can be made out of it/read into it beyond 'the criteria wasn't met'.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 17, 2014, 10:10:49 pm by Copps is Magic »
Then why mention the business plan? Why not just say the takeover didn't meet FL requirements?

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 17, 2014, 10:11:08 pm by Al Riggall »
Football League in close dialogue with the club? Does someone at the club not want this to happen?

Why wouldn't they appeal the decision? If the Leeds guy won the appeal, surely anyone can?

Or would a lack of funds mean an appeal would have no grounds?

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 17, 2014, 10:16:00 pm by Lipsy »
Then why mention the business plan? Why not just say the takeover didn't meet FL requirements?

Maybe it's because there are only the two criteria... Crooks, Russians and anyone else need only turn up with a wad of cash and they're in? As I said, I don't think much can or should be read into that statement.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 17, 2014, 10:28:42 pm by Jonathan »
Football League in close dialogue with the club? Does someone at the club not want this to happen?

Why wouldn't they appeal the decision? If the Leeds guy won the appeal, surely anyone can?

Or would a lack of funds mean an appeal would have no grounds?

All valid questions. Could fill a whole bog roll with questions about all of this.

Meanwhile the football season starts in 3 weeks. What a mess!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 17, 2014, 10:31:51 pm by Jonathan »
Anyhow, I don't know what they mean about no business plan. The plan is to build the club to be bigger than Manchester United!

From small acorns...

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 17, 2014, 10:35:46 pm by Lipsy »
With a better team than last season...

Paid for with money from the magic money tree.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 18, 2014, 12:54:19 am by BobG »
I'm sat here thinking I've become schizophrenic in one afternoon.

Some of the time I'm laughing. Laughing because this is a story of such staggering stupidity. Did not the new lot know that the FL have a requirement for a sum of money to be available?! Of course they knew it. They were just hoping to blag it with the crowd funding stunt. On the other hand, I'm sitting here thinking 'This is my footy club those pillocks are messing with. Again'. Could it be malevolent?

In any event, I think Terry has been really very clever indeed this last few weeks. That man is nobodys fool. With this, the single cause of all the grief, all the aggro and all the upheaval of the last 2 seasons has been pitched out - with the dish water.  I imagine the snake in the grass will be on his way soon enough now too. Did you know that SOD once said that if it ever came to a fight between those two, there could only ever be one winner? Looks to me like he's just won the final battle. Lucky man. He couldn't lose could he? Either JR found the cash - so Terry walks off into the sunset with his head held high, or, JR fails to find the dosh - and Terry sees his nemesis well and truly nailed.

BobG

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 18, 2014, 04:59:09 am by PDX_Rover »
It's been a day of mixed feelings here too Bob. Farce and Hope.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 18, 2014, 06:08:11 am by Alickismyhero »
I'm sat here thinking I've become schizophrenic in one afternoon.

Some of the time I'm laughing. Laughing because this is a story of such staggering stupidity. Did not the new lot know that the FL have a requirement for a sum of money to be available?! Of course they knew it. They were just hoping to blag it with the crowd funding stunt. On the other hand, I'm sitting here thinking 'This is my footy club those pillocks are messing with. Again'. Could it be malevolent?

In any event, I think Terry has been really very clever indeed this last few weeks. That man is nobodys fool. With this, the single cause of all the grief, all the aggro and all the upheaval of the last 2 seasons has been pitched out - with the dish water.  I imagine the snake in the grass will be on his way soon enough now too. Did you know that SOD once said that if it ever came to a fight between those two, there could only ever be one winner? Looks to me like he's just won the final battle. Lucky man. He couldn't lose could he? Either JR found the cash - so Terry walks off into the sunset with his head held high, or, JR fails to find the dosh - and Terry sees his nemesis well and truly nailed.

BobG

I wonder where you got the Sean quote from Bob?

I don't keep in touch with Sean now, time to move on, but I would think he will have a big smile on his face at this outcome.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012