Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:06:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That t**tting flag  (Read 3901 times)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
That t**tting flag
« on March 27, 2010, 10:32:39 pm by CusworthRovers »
Every time, they hang that 'Doncaster Tykes' flag up for us all to see.

Now I know a few interbreds, who have left their mud huts in search of work, gold, fame and fortune, coal, family members, marriage (infact the last 2 go hand in hand) and they ventured far and wide to the beautiful paradise of Doncaster and decided to stay here. But these freaks of nature still call themselves Barnsleyites and would never associate themselves to Doncaster......so is this a wind up or do we have Doncastrians who actually support Barnsley?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
Re:That t**tting flag
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2010, 10:37:35 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Saw the flag in their old stand. What a bunch of sad gits

kimble

« Reply #2 on March 27, 2010, 10:44:27 pm by kimble »
hey if they want to travel 20 mile to watch that sack of shite good luck to 'em

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2010, 11:42:01 pm by kittyslass »
CusworthRovers wrote:
......so is this a wind up or do we have Doncastrians who actually support Barnsley?

Sadly there are a number of Doncastrians living in mine and the next village who support the dingles. No amount of persuasion from us will sway them........sad, deluded souls.

DadsleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2010, 11:50:55 pm by DadsleyRover »
Where is this sad place they live?

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2010, 11:58:13 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Its called nearlydingle land

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 28, 2010, 08:09:29 am by RobTheRover »
Or Dingley Dell?

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 28, 2010, 11:02:55 am by kittyslass »
DadsleyRover wrote:
Where is this sad place they live?

The combined villages of Harlington and Barnburgh.......almost Goldthorpe. Good on you Goldthorpe Rover for being so discerning and picking the right team to follow.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 28, 2010, 03:43:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Perhaps its worth creating a \"Barnsley Vikings\" flag to go with the \"Sheffield Rovers!\" and \"Leeds Rovers\" flags! ;)

Well, I live in Barnsley...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 28, 2010, 04:03:14 pm by Filo »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:
Perhaps its worth creating a \"Barnsley Vikings\" flag to go with the \"Sheffield Rovers!\" and \"Leeds Rovers\" flags! ;)

Handing out humaniterian aid I presume?

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2010, 10:02:38 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
It was a no brainer :)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 28, 2010, 11:28:38 pm by Barmby Rover »
Filo wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:

Handing out humaniterian aid I presume?

Obviously a missionary,the Albert Sweitzer award for bravery above and beyond the call of duty is awarded to Glyn Wigley!  :laugh:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 29, 2010, 09:54:04 am by CusworthRovers »
Not a problem if they are from the Dearne area. A most confused race of people IMO. Differing or joined up postcodes, political boundaries, dialling codes, parish boundaries, town taxes etc etc.

The areas of Conisbro, Den-abbey, Mexboro, Bolton on Dearne, Wath, Thurnscoe, Goldthorpe, Swinton etc etc do not know if they are Donny, Rotherham, Barnsley or even Sheffield

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2010, 01:18:07 am by RedRover45 »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Not a problem if they are from the Dearne area. A most confused race of people IMO. Differing or joined up postcodes, political boundaries, dialling codes, parish boundaries, town taxes etc etc.

The areas of Conisbro, Den-abbey, Mexboro, Bolton on Dearne, Wath, Thurnscoe, Goldthorpe, Swinton etc etc do not know if they are Donny, Rotherham, Barnsley or even Sheffield

Hey, we'll have less Cussy. I live in Swinton, you can cut me open and I bleed Rovers, you cheeky sod  :P

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 30, 2010, 10:56:37 am by River Don »
I think there is something of a football vacuum over in the Dearne valley, that's why I think the area is ripe for Rovers recruitment, I'd like to see Rovers visiting schools much more regularly over there.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 30, 2010, 10:59:51 am by Filo »
RedRover45 wrote:
CusworthRovers wrote:

Hey, we'll have less Cussy. I live in Swinton, you can cut me open and I bleed Rovers, you cheeky sod  :P

You need to make sure you participate in a selective breeding programme or that Rovers blood will be diluted and your bloodline will no longer be thoroughbred  :laugh:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 30, 2010, 11:29:17 am by CusworthRovers »
Filo wrote:
RedRover45 wrote:
CusworthRovers wrote:

You need to make sure you participate in a selective breeding programme or that Rovers blood will be diluted and your bloodline will no longer be thoroughbred  :laugh:

Quite clearly RedRover45 is one of a few un-confused ones. Excellent advice there Filo, a field of thought you clearly excel in, from your neck of the woods.

dn6red

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 30, 2010, 07:15:07 pm by dn6red »
I know a Barnsley season ticket holder who lives near me, he really a Chelsea fan but when Barnsley had that good cup run and beat Liverpool and Chelsea he decided to become a Barnsley fan as he thought they would be promoted to Premiership!!

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 30, 2010, 10:33:06 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Hey up Cushworth thats a bit high brow. :angry:

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 30, 2010, 11:33:24 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
dn6red wrote:
I know a Barnsley season ticket holder who lives near me, he really a Chelsea fan but when Barnsley had that good cup run and beat Liverpool and Chelsea he decided to become a Barnsley fan as he thought they would be promoted to Premiership!!

Ha. I know exactly who you mean as well given your post code....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012