Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:09:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Belles  (Read 8280 times)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Belles
« on May 17, 2018, 06:22:09 pm by Barmby Rover »
What a bunch of idiots we have at The Keepmoat, the most successful club in the so called "club Doncaster" having to move to play their last game in SHEFFIELD to celebrate their winning of the league. The club should hang its head in shame.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: Belles
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2018, 06:54:54 pm by mpc123 »
I made this mistake last week, belles are not in club Doncaster

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2018, 07:15:58 pm by Boomstick »
shambolic, well done Baldwin.

surely changing the kick off time for both games, would be the simplest solution that's sitting just beyond their nose end.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2018, 07:32:21 pm by scawsby steve »
I fully sympathise with anyone who is bitterly disappointed at the situation of the Belles having to celebrate their title win in Sheffield, but no way is this the fault of Club Doncaster; the Dons are bound to be given priority at the Keepmoat, when they are part of Club Doncaster and the Belles are not.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2018, 08:31:38 pm by RedJ »

surely changing the kick off time for both games, would be the simplest solution that's sitting just beyond their nose end.

And does Gavin Baldwin personally decide the kick off times that every team that plays at the Keepmoat has?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 17, 2018, 09:34:35 pm by dknward2 »
Can’t understand why they going all the way to Sheffield why not play at rossington or armthorpe

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2018, 09:44:42 pm by drfchound »
Can’t understand why they going all the way to Sheffield why not play at rossington or armthorpe

Good question,I am sure there would be sufficient room at one of those grounds for anyone who wanted to go and watch.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 17, 2018, 09:46:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Pitch quality?  These are good in some cases international players...

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 17, 2018, 10:12:09 pm by chrisd_123 »

Unfortunately those grounds don't meet the FA criteria with regards to FA WSL games. Its all down to certain facilities and also the level of the team that plays there (no, I don't know why this is the case either). Things like media facilities and number of available seats comes into it.

Sheffield just so happened to have not already ripped their pitch up and as we have a good relationship with them, they've helped us out.

We had agreed to play on the Saturday but the FA have requested all games be played at the same time on the Sunday with it being the last game of the season.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 17, 2018, 10:40:00 pm by graingrover »
FA lack of flexibility to blame then but don't miss an opportunity to bash Baldwin  will you. Do you think the Belles will. ever ask. Club Doncaster to finance their Licence 1 needs or do they wish imdependence at all. costs.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 17, 2018, 10:42:55 pm by dknward2 »
Ok understandable shame it couldn’t be done as a double header with dons kicking off early or later

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 17, 2018, 10:56:13 pm by chrisd_123 »
FA lack of flexibility to blame then but don't miss an opportunity to bash Baldwin  will you. Do you think the Belles will. ever ask. Club Doncaster to finance their Licence 1 needs or do they wish imdependence at all. costs.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

I hope you're not accusing me of having a go at the club there?

The Belles and Rovers are in regular contact but it's not quite that simple. The Tier One application costs a hell of a lot more than you may think, hence why the Belles have been smart and delayed this.

The Belles are open to all options and have been for a few years. But it's not quite as simple as asking Rovers for money and them just giving the money. It has to suit both sides on many levels. I can't/don't know enough to say where it's at at the minute but I assure you, it's not that the Belles are anti-Rovers or want to be 'Independent at all costs' as you continue to state on here.

Who's to say that if Rovers did take on the Belles that they would want to pay for a Tier One license either? The FA have priced out many clubs, including the Belles at the moment. I'd rather the Belles were Tier Two and had a club than go for Tier One for a year and go out of business, which could happen if the Belles were part of Club Doncaster or not.

As for the double header idea dknward2 mentioned, logistically it wouldn't work as the posts would need to be changed and the lines sorting, changing rooms clearing etc etc. The Belles MUST kick off at 2pm on Sunday as per FA rules.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 18, 2018, 03:23:46 am by RoversAlias »
Chris, graingrover is surely referring to Boomstick's ridiculous post criticising Gavin Baldwin, not yours.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 18, 2018, 05:50:12 am by roversdude »
Again people jumping on an opportunity to have a dig at the club and GB in particular without knowing the facts

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 18, 2018, 06:32:41 am by rtid88 »
That's just the blame culture that we live in unfortunately.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 18, 2018, 07:00:39 am by DonnyOsmond »
Couldn't the Dons play at Castle Park like a couple times before.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 18, 2018, 08:31:59 am by silent majority »
Couldn't the Dons play at Castle Park like a couple times before.

Not really.

As has been mentioned this whole episode has been caused by the FA, firstly giving the Belles permission to move the game to Saturday which allowed the Dons to confirm their Sunday fixture, and then changing their mind once this was done. It would be really difficult to unravel that once the Dons had confirmed their fixture.

And yet again, as I mentioned yesterday, certain individuals just love to find the club at fault for everything, even when it has nothing to do with them.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 18, 2018, 10:50:08 am by VivaRovers »
Unfortunately those grounds don't meet the FA criteria with regards to FA WSL games. Its all down to certain facilities and also the level of the team that plays there (no, I don't know why this is the case either). Things like media facilities and number of available seats comes into it.

I note the FA's ruling on this continues to be as adhoc as ever, given that Fisher, Millwall Lionesses' home, currently play at the same level as Armthorpe and Rossington, and with less facilities.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 18, 2018, 10:56:08 am by chrisd_123 »

I note the FA's ruling on this continues to be as adhoc as ever, given that Fisher, Millwall Lionesses' home, currently play at the same level as Armthorpe and Rossington, and with less facilities.

I think you're assuming the FA actually know what they're doing though, Glen.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 18, 2018, 11:15:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The Fa's approach is farcical. Turning the women's game in to a Franchise system.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 18, 2018, 11:43:37 am by The Red Baron »
The Fa's approach is farcical. Turning the women's game in to a Franchise system.

I realise that the EPL and EFL are far from perfect and often deserve the criticism they get. However, having seen the total clusterf*** the FA has made of the domestic Women's game, I'd be happy to resist those who say the FA should have a bigger role in running football.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 18, 2018, 12:14:01 pm by silent majority »

You really have a bee in your bonnet about him don't you? Despite the fact this has nothing to do with him and was screwed up by the FA changing their mind why the personal attack?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 18, 2018, 02:47:36 pm by VivaRovers »

I think you're assuming the FA actually know what they're doing though, Glen.

You know me well enough to know that'd be the very last conclusion I'm ever drawn to.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 20, 2018, 09:40:03 pm by dknward2 »
Faye Lygo has stepped down as chairwoman and has issued a statement but I found this bit interesting

Doncaster Rovers Belles is a community interest company, which by law means that the club is for the benefit of the community and not for individual shareholders. 

I have been in discussions with Doncaster Rovers about the possibility of the Belles joining Club Doncaster and being integrated with the men’s club. The board of the Belles have concluded that this would be the best option going forward and would give the Belles the best chance of joining the top tier of Women’s Football. Discussions have been ongoing over the last 12 months and we hope for a positive response from Doncaster Rovers.

Anybody interested in Chairing the Belles for this next exciting period in the clubs history should email doncasterbelles@hotmail.com

Read more at http://www.doncasterroversbelles.co.uk/news/statement_faye_lygo_steps_down.html#MbaeHgiIrPPpFkPL.99

Hopefully a positive outcome which could help the belles become a leading name in women's football done the correct way as opposed to buying your way

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 20, 2018, 09:52:54 pm by RoversAlias »
Sincerely hope it happens because the Belles deserve to be at the top table and if we can all help each other out and sing from the same hymn sheet so to speak it could be to the benefit of Rovers, Belles and Dons.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 20, 2018, 11:34:23 pm by eastender »
Why did Neil Redfearn take the managers job with no prospect of progression to the 
top flight ?

Something in the pipeline perhaps,...almost a certainty. IMO

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 21, 2018, 01:10:57 pm by foxbat »
I am no expert by any means , but I suspect this could be a very good move.
I hope so anyway , as the Belles have been treated atrociously by the FA ,
which is  appalling when you consider the history of their involvement in establishing
the Women's game in this Country.
I still dream of promotion to the first division and a sensational win against City Women
at the Etihad.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 21, 2018, 01:32:04 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Whilst I have loved that the Belles retained their independance from the men's club, it does seem that the only way onwards without a wealthy benefactor is to link up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44195465

"Women's Super League Two champions Doncaster Rovers Belles are in talks about integrating with Doncaster Rovers men's football club, outgoing chair Faye Lygo says."

It's a shame the BBC saw it as integrating with Rovers and not Club Doncaster - I'm going to email them about that.

Being part of Club Doncaster rather than part of Doncaster Rovers is a positive way forwards. It'll be interesting to see how exactly this pans out.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 21, 2018, 06:42:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They are only quoting what she said. The main point she mentioned was the unfairness of not being promoted on merit and it being dependant on money in the bank.

It's a timely swipe at the FA and I hope they look at this again!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 21, 2018, 07:06:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
They probably don't know what Club Doncaster is tbf.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012