Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:37:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stay in touch!  (Read 6797 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Stay in touch!
« on May 17, 2018, 09:01:23 pm by silent majority »
No doubt most people are aware of the changes that's happening with regard to the storing of information and the need to update your preferences. If you wish to stay on the club database and keep informed of ticket news etc. then you need to confirm that. Here's an article from the club along with an opportunity to pick up a prize for doing so;

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/keep-in-touch/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversontheup

• VSC Member
Re: Stay in touch!
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2018, 10:50:33 pm by roversontheup »
It’s worth pointing out that if you don’t opt in then the club cannot even contact you with season ticket renewal details etc. It’s not just marketing and news you would be opting out of.

Haxey-Hood-DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2018, 11:26:34 pm by Haxey-Hood-DRFC »
Whilst I admire lots of the marketing activities the club has adopted, I feel the ‘opt-in’ request email was dreadfully executed. All the bullet point instructions in the main body of the email
were far more complex than they needed to be. A simple one click opt-in button leading to a landing page featuring full details would have done the trick to comply with the new GDPR law. I dread to think how many subscribers will be lost. We need to retain and build our database not turn them off.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 18, 2018, 05:53:34 am by roversdude »
Whilst I admire lots of the marketing activities the club has adopted, I feel the ‘opt-in’ request email was dreadfully executed. All the bullet point instructions in the main body of the email
were far more complex than they needed to be. A simple one click opt-in button leading to a landing page featuring full details would have done the trick to comply with the new GDPR law. I dread to think how many subscribers will be lost. We need to retain and build our database not turn them off.

Got to agree with that Haxey- have had a lot of these to deal with through work and most have been a quick click or ignore

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 18, 2018, 06:49:20 am by donny dave »
Tried to do this and could not get past ID number.
What's up with a simple keep in touch button.
It looks like they will not be keeping in touch with me then.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 18, 2018, 08:36:16 am by silent majority »
It's a bit more complex for the club than that.

As has been mentioned on this site more than once certain supporters receive emails, some don't, some get one type and not others etc etc.

Therefore the club have used the GDPR exercise to scrap certain databases that are historic, i.e. the old ones inherited from the likes of the SMC, and create one new database that addresses their needs better. That means its not just a click button stay in type email that's required.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 18, 2018, 09:07:12 am by rich1471 »
Tried to do this and could not get past ID number.
What's up with a simple keep in touch button.
It looks like they will not be keeping in touch with me then.
id is 4 numbers from your dna card if you cannot remember the password just reset it takes 5 mins tops to do this

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 18, 2018, 10:53:43 am by IDM »
It worked for me.. really straightforward..

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 18, 2018, 11:36:56 am by donny dave »
Now sorted.
I did not know my number.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 18, 2018, 11:40:41 am by wing commander »
I will do this one,getting unindated with e-mails from companies asking me to do the same,most of which I cant remember signing up to in the first place...Good chance for a clear out..lol

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2018, 12:10:16 pm by IDM »
I will do this one,getting unindated with e-mails from companies asking me to do the same,most of which I cant remember signing up to in the first place...Good chance for a clear out..lol

That’s the whole point of the change in the law - beforehand you didn’t have to sign up, just not opt out..

Now you have to opt in directly.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2018, 12:41:18 pm by mattco »
Have given up. Have tried to reset password but system refuses to save the new one and then rejects my attempts to sign in.  Why not a simple button that allows you to accept the same data permission as was assumed before.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 18, 2018, 01:47:48 pm by silent majority »
Have given up. Have tried to reset password but system refuses to save the new one and then rejects my attempts to sign in.  Why not a simple button that allows you to accept the same data permission as was assumed before.

See my post above.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 19, 2018, 12:19:52 pm by idler »
Just ring the ticket office and do it over the phone. That's what I did.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 19, 2018, 12:32:54 pm by jonnydog »
Simple process in my opinion. I’d forgotten my password but an email was sent instantly and password changed nay bother!!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 20, 2018, 10:10:26 pm by Not Now Kato »
Didn't we do this, and wasn't it the reason for the long delays when we renewed our season tickets?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 21, 2018, 12:17:41 am by Bristol Red Rover »
I've bought many tickets, never season tickets. I want to remain on the database and not start afresh, I want to receive emails. I've not got a number as they request - the sign in should recognise my email, it doesn't, neither does the password reset. Nothing worked for me on this but I will persist, many others won't. No excuses, it's a ball's up.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 21, 2018, 12:04:58 pm by mattco »
Exactly the same problem that I have had. Fed up with the whole thing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 21, 2018, 12:05:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The number will be on a ticket if you have one?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 21, 2018, 01:09:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The number will be on a ticket if you have one?

I don't save tickets, I'm sure it's the same for many many others.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 21, 2018, 01:14:28 pm by wing commander »
  it does seem to be a issue...We were speaking about it in the pub at the weekend and a couple said they haven't been able to do it even though they are getting e-mails asking them to on a daily basis and had given up as they couldn't remember there numbers etc etc..They have decided to just leave it and then re register from scratch after the date...

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 21, 2018, 01:20:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I finally got through to the club on 01302 762576 option 1 and the woman there sorted me out quick as a flash.

She said that was the only way to do this if you don't know your supporter number. Can be worth doing this and keeping your record of purchases rather than re registering - esp if like me you're not in Doncaster and want tickets for games against, in my case, Bristol clubs.

I'm sure there's a reason why it couldn't be a one click online thingy like with everything else but there you go, sometimes a bit of effort is needed.

:scarf:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:24:40 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 21, 2018, 01:49:03 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Done. Thankful to my wife who deals with technology all day.

JBRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 21, 2018, 09:19:10 pm by JBRover »
I've given up on it, won't reset password, won't  accept I'D number, useless imo

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 22, 2018, 08:16:40 am by silent majority »
I've given up on it, won't reset password, won't  accept I'D number, useless imo

Just ring the ticket office. Simple.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 22, 2018, 03:55:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
have got 7 emails in last week from Club Doncaster about GDPR! What I don't get is why the club have decided you have to log in and all that jazz with your supporter ID number; why couldn't they just set up a normally mailing list with emails of people who have opted in?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 22, 2018, 04:13:35 pm by Filo »
Finally got round to staying in touch, one odd thing I noticed was that my account was linked in the friends and family part with someone I don't even know

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 22, 2018, 06:35:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Likewise. I suspect it may be something to do with technicalities of importing data when the system was set up.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 22, 2018, 08:10:09 pm by wesisback »
Finally got round to staying in touch, one odd thing I noticed was that my account was linked in the friends and family part with someone I don't even know
Now about that data protection..... :headbang:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 22, 2018, 08:47:51 pm by silent majority »
have got 7 emails in last week from Club Doncaster about GDPR! What I don't get is why the club have decided you have to log in and all that jazz with your supporter ID number; why couldn't they just set up a normally mailing list with emails of people who have opted in?

I'm sure that if you don't mind receiving emails about the Dons and other elements of Club Doncaster I'm sure doing it your way would work.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012