Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:10:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Max Watters signed  (Read 6853 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Max Watters signed
« Reply #30 on May 22, 2018, 05:51:09 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Just imagine having nine goals in a month to pick from.  :chair:

And during the Q & A session, Watters was asked how many goals he had scored during one season. The teen replied: “I think it was 79 when I was 12.”

so we'll expect 80 +

:chair: x79 !

and for a nickname it'll have to be high tide or even spring tide ( a bit too clever for redj)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:53:31 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 22, 2018, 06:02:40 pm by Bezza »
it`s great having young southern talent coming up to Doncaster, lets hope it works out for him.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 22, 2018, 06:39:28 pm by swintonrover »
His surname sounds like a nickname.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 22, 2018, 06:41:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
you never know what you might pick up from non league remember this bloke scoring loads of goals for poole town ON CHECKING WIKIPEDIA IT WAS BUCKETSFULL OF GOALS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Austin

amazed how nobody took a chance much earlier 

we can but dream he'll do that well but time will tell  .. he probably scored more goals than Rooney as a 12 year old 79 is a lot

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 22, 2018, 06:53:59 pm by drfchound »
Sorry guys, I should have worded it better, and began with "does anyone think?". I suppose I'm asking about permanent signings; I did suggest in an earlier post that we may have to enter the loan market to get the kind of quality we need in a support striker for Marquis, because good strikers are so rare, at any level. I know that we have parted company with Williams and Mandeville, but we still have Marquis, May, Kiwomya, Beestin, and Copps who can play in an attacking role. My query is whether or not our budget will stretch to a permanent signing of a striker, or one on a season's loan.

None of the four you mention there mate are going to score enough goals to be classed as likely to score enough goals to back up Marquis.
I am with you Steve, In that it is paramount to our top six aspirations than we sign another proven goal scorer.
As I said earlier, goals are a precious commodity.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 22, 2018, 07:17:39 pm by RedJ »
Just imagine having nine goals in a month to pick from.  :chair:

And during the Q & A session, Watters was asked how many goals he had scored during one season. The teen replied: “I think it was 79 when I was 12.”

so we'll expect 80 +

:chair: x79 !

and for a nickname it'll have to be high tide or even spring tide ( a bit too clever for redj)

"A bit too clever" or not amusing in any way and something nobody other than you would ever suggest?

Not really sure it was necessary to have a random swipe at me there, was it?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 22, 2018, 07:44:19 pm by The Red Baron »
You've got to look at signings as a whole, not after a couple have been brought in. Let's see where we are on the eve of the season. Most of the experienced ones will probably arrive at the end, rather than the beginning of the window.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 22, 2018, 07:45:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »
You've got to look at signings as a whole, not after a couple have been brought in. Let's see where we are on the eve of the season. Most of the experienced ones will probably arrive at the end, rather than the beginning of the window.

And no one needs to be slitting their wrists after 4 days.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 22, 2018, 09:34:13 pm by PDX_Rover »
Dyslexic - could be a candle shop.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 22, 2018, 10:55:36 pm by Alan Southstand »
I know that we have parted company with Williams and Mandeville

Slight correction required, there, we haven't parted company with Mandeville.....yet! Not as far as I know, anyway.

And, I also think DF said he wanted to take some of the physical burden off Marquis. So, any new striker doesn't necessarily need to be a prolific scorer of goals and, let's face it, if he was, we would not be able to afford him. My feeling is it will need to be someone who is mobile/energetic/strong to take that physical punishment. The thought of having 2 guys up top with those qualities will give opposition defences quite a bit to be thinking about! The lad from Wimbledon would do, for me.

There's a double-edged sword here, in that it's not just the JM problem we've had (someone else scoring) but also the lack of creativity has been a worry. And that's having Copps and Rowe in the team. Of course, look what happened when neither of those 2 were available towards the end of the season!

We simply have to have something else in our armoury for next season and seeing us being interested in the likes of the Irish lad (named in the rumours section) gives me hope for an interesting summer recruitment drive.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 23, 2018, 11:05:05 pm by eastender »
His surname sounds like a nickname.

His surname name leads me to to a nickname , I'll be calling him ......Tatty 

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 25, 2018, 04:50:48 am by Barmby Rover »
"Max is a quick player capable of getting in behind defences, with which the majority of goals have come from, with the teenager also a confident in a dead ball situation." Could we get someone who has a vague recollection of the English language to write about new players on the official site? I can grasp what is meant, but to allow that sort of English makes Rovers look like complete numpties.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 25, 2018, 08:54:18 am by silent majority »
Most of the staff are on holiday at the moment. That was probably done by a junior or trainee.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 25, 2018, 09:12:49 am by drfchound »
One for the future then ?

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 25, 2018, 09:52:30 am by CottyRover »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 25, 2018, 10:00:34 am by GazLaz »
Most of the staff are on holiday at the moment. That was probably done by a junior or trainee.

So we set trainees on that can’t string sentences together?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 25, 2018, 10:32:47 am by Barmby Rover »
Understandable to get them trained, but as a teacher I wouldn't allow that to go public without checking content and telling them where they went wrong. It shows a real lack of responsibility by the staff there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 25, 2018, 11:29:38 am by silent majority »

So we set trainees on that can’t string sentences together?

Is that what I said? I just suggested that it wasn't a regular media person.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 25, 2018, 07:25:15 pm by scawsby steve »
What chance have football clubs got when many journalists in national newspapers can't get punctuation and grammar correct.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012