Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:26:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League 1 play off final  (Read 4143 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
League 1 play off final
« on May 23, 2018, 08:10:46 am by Albert Trousers »
Doesn't look like it is going to be a big crowd, around 23000 sold between the 2 clubs. Come on Shrewsbury!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: League 1 play off final
« Reply #1 on May 23, 2018, 08:22:55 am by GazLaz »
I thought Rotherham would take quite a few.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 23, 2018, 08:35:36 am by selby »
Shrewsbury had only sold 6,000 up to last weekend, the general consensus being that it was too expensive to go, and they took many more to the Lincoln game not long ago, were ripped off with prices, and of course lost.
  It is also a low wage area, and two expensive games so near together is too much, when you can watch it at home.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 23, 2018, 08:40:42 am by Albert Trousers »
As of yesterday, Rotherham just over 13k Shrews just under 10k

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 23, 2018, 08:42:32 am by The Red Baron »
Shrewsbury had only sold 6,000 up to last weekend, the general consensus being that it was too expensive to go, and they took many more to the Lincoln game not long ago, were ripped off with prices, and of course lost.
  It is also a low wage area, and two expensive games so near together is too much, when you can watch it at home.

Tough one for Shrewsbury fans. As you say, they were there in the Chaka Khan and also they have a poor record in finals. Maybe some can't face the disappointment of losing twice at Wembley in a season. Fewer excuses for Rotherham though.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 23, 2018, 08:43:38 am by The Red Baron »
As of yesterday, Rotherham just over 13k Shrews just under 10k

I don't think that's too bad from a Shrewsbury pov. Disappointing from Rotherham though.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 23, 2018, 08:44:09 am by GazLaz »
It’s not particularly cheap but watching your team in a playoff final is unmissable surely. How much are tickets? 30 odd quid??

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 23, 2018, 09:01:03 am by idler »
It's when you add food and travel costs that it spirals Gaz.
More so if you are a parent with a couple of kids that want to go.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 23, 2018, 10:20:05 am by German Rover »
It’s not particularly cheap but watching your team in a playoff final is unmissable surely. How much are tickets? 30 odd quid??

That's the attitude they prey on. The only way to stop them ripping us off is to stop paying their demands

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 23, 2018, 10:26:18 am by the vicar »
I agree in principle with you, but they have to make there money as our clubs do, but I don't think they would make it any cheaper, they would just stop the playoffs being played there from a league 1/2 point

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 23, 2018, 10:59:34 am by GazLaz »

Surely life’s about putting yourself in positions to experience amazing things. If Shrews win at the weekend the atmosphere will be amazing for their fans. A day they will never forget, like for us when we beat Leeds and Dagenham. You can’t really put a price on that.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 23, 2018, 12:28:35 pm by adamtherover »

Surely life’s about putting yourself in positions to experience amazing things. If Shrews win at the weekend the atmosphere will be amazing for their fans. A day they will never forget, like for us when we beat Leeds and Dagenham. You can’t really put a price on that.

Exactly, i took my lad to the FA Cup final on satdi, to the TV viewer, the game was drab, actually being there, the excitement, the tension, the sheer occasion of it was immense.  it was a one in a lifetime event, we will probs never do it again but id do it again in a heartbeart once i weighed up cost versus value. We have a shared memory that will last a lifetime.  The 2 tickets were £270 for the pair.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 23, 2018, 01:47:37 pm by MachoMadness »
Hope Rotherham organise a plane ride down. That worked out well last time.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 23, 2018, 01:58:16 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
A plane?!  :unsure:

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 23, 2018, 06:24:44 pm by Albert Trousers »

It worked out well for someone. 😀

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 23, 2018, 08:53:25 pm by MachoMadness »

It worked out well for someone. 😀
Actually I never found out what happened to that bloke until now. Googled it and he was sentenced for 12 months, although I don't know how long he actually did. We think this forum gets bad at times, but that thread on the Millers forum was something to behold.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 23, 2018, 09:18:38 pm by 5minstogo »
I think Coventry have sold around 35k for their match

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 23, 2018, 09:39:10 pm by Geoff Blakesley »

Exactly, i took my lad to the FA Cup final on satdi, to the TV viewer, the game was drab, actually being there, the excitement, the tension, the sheer occasion of it was immense.  it was a one in a lifetime event, we will probs never do it again but id do it again in a heartbeart once i weighed up cost versus value. We have a shared memory that will last a lifetime.  The 2 tickets were £270 for the pair.
I think you would have just a good of a time you and your youngster taking off for the day and walking one or more of the three peaks. Certainly healthier!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 23, 2018, 10:29:29 pm by adamtherover »

I think you would have just a good of a time you and your youngster taking off for the day and walking one or more of the three peaks. Certainly healthier!

Based on what?   He's 9 years old, can do the red run mountain bike trail at Sherwood pines flat out all the way round.  He doesn't require any more physical activity.  Potentially once in a lifetime chance to go to a major cup final do not come round every day.  A lot of stars aligned to enable me the opportunity to purchase these tickets.  Sometimes you just have to go with it.  I  am a fan of neither side but had a blast attending a special match that I'd watched from the sofa for 30 years.   

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 23, 2018, 10:39:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Bearing in mind, it wasn't long ago that Rotherham made their previous trip. If we were to make the play-off final again, I would have to seriously think about it.

I think others will be in the same boat so would unlikely see the same numbers as we saw at the Millennium and Wembley.

Look at Hull, their last turnout at Wembley was very poor. If the novelty isn't there then some people cannot justify the cost.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 24, 2018, 08:19:31 am by The Red Baron »
I think Coventry have sold around 35k for their match

Yes, I saw a tweet from them to that effect. They are a much bigger club than both Rotherham and Shrewsbury, and it shows what they could achieve if they were run properly.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 24, 2018, 03:33:53 pm by selby »
  Reminds me of Weeds and a smaller club, unfortunately for them the smaller club were the best team.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 26, 2018, 08:48:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We wouldn’t take anywhere near what we took last time. We struggled to sell 5k to Arsenal when it was £10 and train tickets were £20 retron and loads of coach travel down.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 26, 2018, 09:19:26 pm by Draytonian III »
Arsenal was midweek because I had to take half off work,League 1 Play off final on a Bank Holiday weekend/Sunday ,ermmm

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 26, 2018, 09:59:57 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Come on you Shrews!  :bscarf: :bscarf: :bscarf:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 26, 2018, 10:05:58 pm by dknward2 »
Had a bet on Rotherham to win, it will either jinx them or I’ll have won back the money they cost me earlier in the season.

Was gonna bet on Fulham today but didn’t bother went for Coventry instead tomorrow

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 26, 2018, 10:35:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
They’re just going to win aren’t they. They were poxy in my opinion against Scunny

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 26, 2018, 10:45:29 pm by RedRover45 »
I've had a big bet on Rotherscum on the basis I can't lose. I'll make some decent money or I get to see them suffer. No contest. Bugger the money.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 27, 2018, 02:22:43 am by scawsby steve »
They’re just going to win aren’t they. They were poxy in my opinion against Scunny

I totally agree Padge, and they were poxy against us at the New York Stadium; I guess people are getting fed up of me saying this, but if Tom Anderson had stayed on, we would have won that game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012