Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:54:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Big announcment  (Read 26452 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Big announcment
« Reply #210 on May 30, 2018, 12:12:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
BST,

In my opinion, our run of form was more down to a run of luck. We were God awful in equal measures just about all season.

Just being honest, not argumentative, or playing dumb.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #211 on May 30, 2018, 01:20:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Ok. I can take that opinion. I find it hard to agree that we can be lucky for 30 matches though.

I agree that, barring a slack handful of performances, we weren’t easy on the eye. But I’m hapoy to take that on the chin. The important thing this season was surviving and building a foundation for progress. We survived, comfortably, despite major injury problems, with a very young squad which is growing harder and more mature. We’ll be sweeping out half a dozen of the deadwood this summer. I’m hopeful that we’ll replace them with something a bit better. And hopefully we’ll have a bit more luck next season than we had this season.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on May 30, 2018, 06:21:48 am by andysly »
In my opinion, after the debacle at home to Walsall we were looking like a relegation side. DF saw this and changed the mindset of the team, we became very difficult to beat, odd games excepted (Walsall away), and progressed, staying up comfortably.
Without any stupid pre-season injuries, and a couple of signings, particularly another forward we will be challenging the top 6.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on May 30, 2018, 11:46:39 am by Dutch Uncle »
To some extent I can agree with BB that our luck was better in the second half of the season than the first. However IMHO our luck in the second half was 'only' slightly bad, whereas it was outrageously so in the first half. Think of players taken out with tackles that were unpunished - Andrew, Williams, Wright for starters. Think of the ludicrous penalties given against us at Rochdale and Oxford (both missed btw). Think of penalties not given like Plymouth and Rochdale (FAC) at home and it is no wonder DF went on his rant on referees. We still had some offside goals against us near the end (Bury, Wigan) but by and large things evened out a little more.

I feel a couple of high quality players and a bit better luck with injuries and referees and we should do well next season.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on May 30, 2018, 08:09:29 pm by Lesonthewest »
BB

Ok. I can take that opinion. I find it hard to agree that we can be lucky for 30 matches though.

I agree that, barring a slack handful of performances, we weren’t easy on the eye. But I’m hapoy to take that on the chin. The important thing this season was surviving and building a foundation for progress. We survived, comfortably, despite major injury problems, with a very young squad which is growing harder and more mature. We’ll be sweeping out half a dozen of the deadwood this summer. I’m hopeful that we’ll replace them with something a bit better. And hopefully we’ll have a bit more luck next season than we had this season.

That sums up last season perfectly BST, & also where we are going into the next one, here's hoping for a few decent signings, & a relatively injury free one. The loss of Andrew was a massive loss, we looked much more complete as a team when he played, the lad made us tick. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012