Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:25:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Craig Alcock  (Read 2301 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Craig Alcock
« on May 25, 2018, 05:03:41 pm by the vicar »
In talks with Yeovil about a return to the club

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Craig Alcock
« Reply #1 on May 25, 2018, 05:04:50 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Good luck to him

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 25, 2018, 05:31:51 pm by the vicar »
Yes I agree a good move for him I think but he could of got a lot better club

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 25, 2018, 05:32:15 pm by Dutch Uncle »
What I picked up from reading about this possibility was that one advantage for Yeovil is that Alcock played in their u-18 team, and as such would count as a 'home grown' player. It seems that next season all EFL teams must name one home grown player in each match day squad of 18, and if that cannot happen then only 6 subsitutes can be named.

Amos or Longbottom to be in our match day squads, or even a way back for Mandeville and/or Lund?

Edit: I have the terminology wrong, that should read 'club-developed' player, not 'home grown'.

https://www.sports.legal/2017/04/part-one-home-grown-player-requirements-in-english-football-and-the-introduction-of-club-developed-players/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:49:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 25, 2018, 05:36:03 pm by Retdon1 »
What I picked up from reading about this possibility was that one advantage for Yeovil is that Alcock played in their u-18 team, and as such would count as a 'home grown' player. It seems that next season all EFL teams must name one home grown player in each match day squad of 18, and if that cannot happen then only 6 subsitutes can be named.

Amos or Longbottom to be in our match day squads, or even a way back for Mandeville and/or Lund?

Would butler count for us ??

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 25, 2018, 05:39:44 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Was he ever on our books as a youngster?

Edit: It seems I may have misread the Yeovil article if this is correct, the term is 'club-developed player', not 'home grown'

https://www.sports.legal/2017/04/part-one-home-grown-player-requirements-in-english-football-and-the-introduction-of-club-developed-players/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:48:19 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 25, 2018, 05:59:12 pm by Retdon1 »

Edit: It seems I may have misread the Yeovil article if this is correct, the term is 'club-developed player', not 'home grown'

Ahh right so looks like the likes of Amos and longbottom will be on the bench near year then. I think I read somewhere that Man U have had a homegrown/club developed player in there match day squad since the start of the premier league in 92

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 25, 2018, 06:15:56 pm by RoversAlias »

Ahh right so looks like the likes of Amos and longbottom will be on the bench near year then. I think I read somewhere that Man U have had a homegrown/club developed player in there match day squad since the start of the premier league in 92

As far as I remember that stat is true and actually goes back further by some decades. They've always been superbly committed to developing their youth academy.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 25, 2018, 08:43:17 pm by GazLaz »
He nearly joined them in January.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 25, 2018, 09:18:48 pm by RedJ »
If we hadn't had injuries on a catastrophic level to the back line he would've done.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012