Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:30:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Champions League Final  (Read 7498 times)

besty

• Forum Member
Champions League Final
« on May 26, 2018, 07:13:12 pm by besty »
Hi guys and gals,

The final is free to air on You Tube tonight hoorah!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTLMDo682pU

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: Champions League Final
« Reply #1 on May 26, 2018, 07:25:17 pm by afro goal machine »
Bit of a hollow gesture it should be on free view regardless of who owns what rights

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 26, 2018, 07:36:37 pm by robchester »
It should

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 26, 2018, 08:18:40 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Terrible deliberate foul on Salah, worth a booking at least if not a sending off.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 26, 2018, 08:24:43 pm by Pancho Regan »
Cynical, disgusting. They knew they had to get rid of Mo and they did it very cleverly.
That’s not football.

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 26, 2018, 08:25:12 pm by robchester »
I thought the same deliberately took him down with an arm bar

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 26, 2018, 08:30:27 pm by rich1471 »
Should be free to air itv or BBC shocking it is not

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 26, 2018, 08:43:07 pm by Pancho Regan »
Ramos has a nice little smile on the touch line when he knows he’s got rid of Mo.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 26, 2018, 08:44:19 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Come on Real Madrid!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 26, 2018, 08:47:09 pm by Filo »
Everyone knows by now what Ramos is like, dirtiest player in the world

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 26, 2018, 08:47:56 pm by since-1969 »
Come on Real Madrid!
You mean you’d sooner another countries team rather than than team from your own country . Philistine 

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 26, 2018, 08:50:23 pm by NickDRFC »
Everyone knows by now what Ramos is like, dirtiest player in the world

Not whilst Pepe is still playing, but certainly not far off

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 26, 2018, 08:56:59 pm by afro goal machine »
It is a shame they both cant lose but hopefully a liverpool win will be favourable on the National team

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 26, 2018, 08:59:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Come on Real Madrid!
You mean you’d sooner another countries team rather than than team from your own country . Philistine 

No. He supports one side that is owned and managed by foreigners and he hates another side that is owned and managed by foreigners.

English football eh?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 26, 2018, 09:00:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I thought the same deliberately took him down with an arm bar

That was a disgraceful foul. But still nowhere close to the one that Henderson did on Big Bird at Bramall Lane. I still have nightmares about that.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 26, 2018, 09:12:40 pm by mushRTID »
Bale that is ridiculous!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 26, 2018, 09:34:02 pm by Filo »
That third goal, if the keeper just stands and catches it Bale doesn't score, why do modern day keepers insist on punching the ball?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 26, 2018, 09:49:52 pm by Pancho Regan »
Come on Real Madrid!

No. He supports one side that is owned and managed by foreigners and he hates another side that is owned and managed by foreigners.

English football eh?

Sometimes your cynicism lets you down BST. Tonight was a great occasion for Liverpool, whose fans deserve a night like this.

Anyone who glories in Real Madrid’s victory over them is small-minded in my opinion.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 26, 2018, 09:57:43 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
That third goal, if the keeper just stands and catches it Bale doesn't score, why do modern day keepers insist on punching the ball?

Exactly, that was a classic example of why slapping it out is amateur stuff. Get your body behind it and catch it. I think that was the only bit of goalkeeping coaching I ever had, but it's so true.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 26, 2018, 09:59:50 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Bale class again.  Crazy how underappreciated he is.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 26, 2018, 10:07:04 pm by ravenrover »
he won't be in Madrid next season jmho

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 26, 2018, 10:27:01 pm by Pancho Regan »
Thought the best team won.

And for anyone who doubts it, four European Cup wins in five years proves that Real Madrid are the greatest team in the modern era. Forget Barcelona.

Don't think Liverpool defended that badly. Other than Isco hitting the bar, RM didn't have any other opportunities of note really, but you can't legislate for a worldy strike and a dodgy keeper giving two goals away.

No doubts that Ramos did Salah with probably a bit more intent than he'd ever admit, but maybe that's why they're also the greatest team in the modern era.

Enjoyed both games today.

Four European Cup wins in 5 years has absolutely nothing to do with Real Madrid’s victory tonight.

How can you say ‘the best team won’ and then attempt to verify that statement by saying that, for anyone who doubts your proclamation, their previous victories prove that they deserved to win tonight?!

These are the ramblings of a confused mind, utter nonsensical babbling. Express an opinion if you must, but please don’t try to come up with some ridiculous justification as to why we should all agree with it. I’m sure we are capable of forming our own opinion.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 26, 2018, 10:34:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »
You have your reasons for wanting Liverpool to win. I have mine for why I didn’t want them to.

I’m guessing how eaten up you appear to be you’re are in fact a Liverpool fan?

On a positive note they appear to have behaved in Europe this season and all English clubs who we have to support because they are English will not be banned from Europe next season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 26, 2018, 10:43:19 pm by NickDRFC »
Thought the best team won.

And for anyone who doubts it, four European Cup wins in five years proves that Real Madrid are the greatest team in the modern era. Forget Barcelona.

Don't think Liverpool defended that badly. Other than Isco hitting the bar, RM didn't have any other opportunities of note really, but you can't legislate for a worldy strike and a dodgy keeper giving two goals away.

No doubts that Ramos did Salah with probably a bit more intent than he'd ever admit, but maybe that's why they're also the greatest team in the modern era.

Enjoyed both games today.

Four European Cup wins in 5 years has absolutely nothing to do with Real Madrid’s victory tonight.

How can you say ‘the best team won’ and then attempt to verify that statement by saying that, for anyone who doubts your proclamation, their previous victories prove that they deserved to win tonight?!

These are the ramblings of a confused mind, utter nonsensical babbling. Express an opinion if you must, but please don’t try to come up with some ridiculous justification as to why we should all agree with it. I’m sure we are capable of forming our own opinion.

Is it possible to like a post twice?

I thought exactly the same reading this. It’s a 90 minute game, what has performance over the last 5 years got to do with anything?!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 26, 2018, 11:01:34 pm by glosterred »
They’ll be celebrating that win in Manchester tonight

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 26, 2018, 11:05:42 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Cynical, disgusting. They knew they had to get rid of Mo and they did it very cleverly.
That’s not football.

Unfortunately, that IS football by certain clubs’ standards. And not just in Spain, but in this country, too. Examples of English clubs, anybody? Arsenal, Man U, for starters?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:25:04 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 27, 2018, 01:45:17 am by scawsby steve »
You have your reasons for wanting Liverpool to win. I have mine for why I didn’t want them to.

I’m guessing how eaten up you appear to be you’re are in fact a Liverpool fan?

On a positive note they appear to have behaved in Europe this season and all English clubs who we have to support because they are English will not be banned from Europe next season.

So what's your reason for wanting a Spanish team to beat an English team then, Padge?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 27, 2018, 03:40:25 am by PDX_Rover »
I thought it was something of a hollow victory for Real Madrid. Yeah, it looks good on the CV and for bragging rights, but gifted two goals and a wonder strike? Liverpool were far the better team IMO. Pressed well, got stuck in, really enjoyable to watch. Bale's first goal was superb. No question. Karius... ridiculous but you can't help but feel for him, really. He's in for a serious test of his character. But what almighty f**k ups they were.

Ramos: Kitson of the highest order. They were on Salah from the kick off. Kroos had a pop, then another lad, and then Ramos almost yanks his arm out of its socket and falls on him. Would have looked a good move in MMA... He knew exactly what he was trying to do and should have been yellow if not red. Utterly cynical.

Enjoyed the game.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 27, 2018, 06:24:53 am by Donnywolf »
Ramos - from above - Unfortunately totally predictable by Real Madrid to target Salah. That said imo that is standard across Football

Look back to POFinal at Wembley. Wellens comes in to it after being doubtful and Douglas was it takes the first chance he gets to cynically hack down Wellens hoping to "kill him off". I wouldnt mind but Richie was almost in the third Row of the Seats but he was still axed down

That is what makes Football less attractive to watch

Ramos is a master of what people call "the dark arts" by which they must mean cheating and he was / is at it most times of most games . He was rolling around trying to get Sane sent off first with a head injury when there was no contact anywhere near his head. When that failed he then produced , starred in and directed the Yellow Card for Sane when again he controlled the ball and engineered a situation that Sane would be drawn into and then he (Ramos) made his usual meal of

And again I say it is what is ruining Football. As a defender Ramos is great but it appears these days that cynicism cheating dark arts are as important as heading passing and ball control.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 27, 2018, 08:51:32 am by drfchound »
Ramos is however a superb defender and despite his antics I wish we had a player like him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012