Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:09:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Champions League Final  (Read 7497 times)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Champions League Final
« Reply #30 on May 27, 2018, 09:03:42 am by Padge_DRFC »
Liverpool were the better team until Salah went off. Salah actually hadn’t done anything. As soon has he went off Marcelo actually attacked.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 27, 2018, 09:23:37 am by ravenrover »
Ramos didn't do a bad job on Karius off the ball either 2nd half don't recollect any of the pundits picking that one up or had I fell asleep if they did?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 27, 2018, 09:43:41 am by dickos1 »
That third goal, if the keeper just stands and catches it Bale doesn't score, why do modern day keepers insist on punching the ball?

Whilst i agree with you.

On this occasion he did try and catch it but let it slip through his fingers

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 27, 2018, 10:16:40 am by drfchound »
I have been thinking about that first goal for Madrid and although it wasn't a great piece of distribution by Karius, great credit has to be given to Benzamar for his anticipation.
On another day the ball would have just been back in play quickly, which is exactly what Karius was trying to do.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 27, 2018, 10:21:55 am by Filo »
That third goal, if the keeper just stands and catches it Bale doesn't score, why do modern day keepers insist on punching the ball?

Whilst i agree with you.

On this occasion he did try and catch it but let it slip through his fingers

When I looked at the replay I came to the conclusion that he was cauaght in two minds, his hands were too close together to catch it, but his fists weren't clenched either, in the end I think he tried to palm it away

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 27, 2018, 11:07:44 am by DevilMayCry »
Ramos decided to play MMA or Wrestling instead of Football

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:10:10 am by DevilMayCry »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 27, 2018, 12:05:30 pm by RedJ »
Should be free to air itv or BBC shocking it is not

You do realise they made it free to view on BT Sport last night don't you? (haven't bothered reading the rest of the thread if anyone has already mentioned)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 27, 2018, 12:06:59 pm by RedJ »
Is targeting a player actually cheating though or is it just really clever gamesmanship?

Ah so now you're advocating going out and deliberately injuring opposition players. :laugh:

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 27, 2018, 12:24:34 pm by pib »
It's poor sportsmanship at best.

It would be, let's say interesting, to see what Ramos's reaction would be if someone dished out the same treatment to him.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 27, 2018, 12:55:51 pm by RoversAlias »
"Gamesmanship" is a fancy word for cheating though really, isn't it? You have a strange view on football Rigo and I'm glad it's not one I share.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 27, 2018, 01:21:59 pm by Drover »
Is targeting a player actually cheating though or is it just really clever gamesmanship?

Fulham targeted Jack Grealish in the play-off final yesterday and did their best to get him off the pitch, through both heavy-handedness and trying to wind him-up.

It's a compliment to his ability.

Surely the best way to counteract that style is to do the same to the opposition and if you can get an advantage through it, then it's worked.

In my opionion,Yes it is,It's fouling and against the rules of the game,problem is,there are many players very good at getting away with it,and they/their team prosper more than if it was zero tolereance,but it is a contact sport and very hard at times for officials to see it or stop it.You are right,the best way for a team/player to deal with it to give it back and try and be better than them at it.We've used that tactic ourselves this season.But,because it's commonplace and players are good at getting away with it,that does'nt mean it's not cheating.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 27, 2018, 01:43:46 pm by roversdude »
I put BT sports on but had message that a subscription was required

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 27, 2018, 01:45:30 pm by pib »
Nobody wants to see it though, really. It might be a purist view but this "win at all costs" mentality breeds ugly tactics that aren't good to see at all.

Yes, if it helps your team win, you accept it, but I'd rather Rovers win without resorting to it if possible.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 27, 2018, 01:58:54 pm by RoversAlias »
I put BT sports on but had message that a subscription was required

It was made free via a Youtube strea, by BT but was not available on the television channel this year.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 27, 2018, 02:00:33 pm by RedJ »
Really? last year it was on BT Showcase or something like that.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 27, 2018, 02:36:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Really. It was last year but for some reason they didn't do that this year.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 27, 2018, 02:58:20 pm by RedJ »
Weird. I know they did for the Europa League final so not sure why they didn't do it for that too.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 27, 2018, 06:35:17 pm by scawsby steve »
I didn't need to watch it at home, I watched it in Bentley West End club while getting pleasantly pissed on Guinness. However, I do think it was a disgrace that the game wasn't televised by either BBC or ITV.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 27, 2018, 11:20:53 pm by Not Now Kato »

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 28, 2018, 04:31:57 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Ramos was man of the match by an absolute country mile. Streets in front of anyone else, despite Bales's first goal.
And Madrid were by far the best team as well.
I'm actually quite glad that Real won. Can't stand Liverpool, or their crazy manager.
ps. Just as a final point, Liverpool were also 'out managed'. Everything that Zidane did worked to a tee.
And a final, final point: I hope Liverpool win as much next season as they did this 😄😄

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 28, 2018, 04:46:54 pm by Cantley Rover »
Ramos was man of the match by an absolute country mile. Streets in front of anyone else, despite Bales's first goal.
I'm actually quite glad that Real won. Can't stand Liverpool, or their crazy manager.
ps. Just as a final point, Liverpool were also 'out managed'. Everything that Zidane did worked to a tee.
And a final, final point: I hope Liverpool win as much next season as they did this 😄😄

You should change your name to "bitter and twisted"

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 28, 2018, 08:31:43 pm by scawsby steve »

I've read some tripe on this forum over the years, but that takes the biscuit. Madrid by far the best team?; you obviously didn't watch the first half when Liverpool played them off the park, and the dirty b*stards had to resort to taking Salah out. If Liverpool had a decent keeper and Salah had stayed on the pitch, there would have been only one result, and you wouldn't have been on here spouting all that sh*t.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 28, 2018, 08:52:29 pm by selby »
  Steve the keeper is part of the team, Madrid won fair and square and were the better team overall.
  Liverpool were unlucky when they hit the post, but the two mistakes aside, their goalkeeper made a couple of decent saves.
  The Madrid keeper made a good save at 0-0, that going in could have made a difference, small margins, but after the injury Madrid were able to slow the game down to their pace, and the Liverpool midfield never got a grip on the game.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 28, 2018, 09:07:28 pm by scawsby steve »
  Steve the keeper is part of the team, Madrid won fair and square and were the better team overall.
  Liverpool were unlucky when they hit the post, but the two mistakes aside, their goalkeeper made a couple of decent saves.
  The Madrid keeper made a good save at 0-0, that going in could have made a difference, small margins, but after the injury Madrid were able to slow the game down to their pace, and the Liverpool midfield never got a grip on the game.

You're missing the point Brian; the poster I was referring to made some ridiculously OTT comments about the game, and showed an astonishing hatred for Liverpool; pathetic.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 28, 2018, 09:13:16 pm by mrfrostsdad »

I've read some tripe on this forum over the years, but that takes the biscuit. Madrid by far the best team?; you obviously didn't watch the first half when Liverpool played them off the park, and the dirty b*stards had to resort to taking Salah out. If Liverpool had a decent keeper and Salah had stayed on the pitch, there would have been only one result, and you wouldn't have been on here spouting all that sh*t.

Really??!
Who was better than Ramos? I'll tell you: no-one. Liverpool were the best team for 20 minutes and had no plan b, completely outclassed after Salah went off.
Liverpool didn't have a decent keeper and Salah didn't stay on the pitch. And there was only one result, Real won.
Funny how we see things differently eh?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 28, 2018, 09:14:25 pm by Pancho Regan »
Where did I say that Real Madrid's wins in previous years had anything to do with tonight?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 28, 2018, 09:15:41 pm by Pancho Regan »
Thought the best team won.

And for anyone who doubts it, four European Cup wins in five years proves that Real Madrid are the greatest team in the modern era.

Go figure

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 28, 2018, 09:20:43 pm by scawsby steve »

Really??!
Who was better than Ramos? I'll tell you: no-one. Liverpool were the best team for 20 minutes and had no plan b, completely outclassed after Salah went off.
Liverpool didn't have a decent keeper and Salah didn't stay on the pitch. And there was only one result, Real won.
Funny how we see things differently eh?

None of that justifies your obvious hatred of Liverpool.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 28, 2018, 09:24:50 pm by Pancho Regan »
You have your reasons for wanting Liverpool to win. I have mine for why I didn’t want them to.

I’m guessing how eaten up you appear to be you’re are in fact a Liverpool fan?

On a positive note they appear to have behaved in Europe this season and all English clubs who we have to support because they are English will not be banned from Europe next season.

My reasons for wanting Liverpool to win were that they are an English club, based in a northern English city, with a long tradition as a football club from the land of my birth, who are followed by tens of thousands of loyal fans, most of whom are working class people whose enjoyment in their spare time is to support their local team.

I can identify with that.

Over to you Senor.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 28, 2018, 09:27:38 pm by ravenrover »
Ramos better at what?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012