Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:45:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scum v shrews  (Read 5129 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Scum v shrews
« on May 27, 2018, 03:39:25 pm by the vicar »
Shit scum 1-0 up

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Scum v shrews
« Reply #1 on May 27, 2018, 04:01:57 pm by selby »
  These two are going for the most ever free kicks in a game at Wembley.
 Awful football, the one who wins this could well break the record for the least points in the championship next season.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 27, 2018, 04:07:21 pm by the vicar »
Awfull game

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 27, 2018, 04:52:44 pm by NickDRFC »
Only caught the last 15 minutes but that’s actually been pretty enjoyable - end to end stuff.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 27, 2018, 04:56:21 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Listening on TalkSport, and sounds a decent game.......only saying!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 27, 2018, 05:14:24 pm by dknward2 »
Well lost my bet of rotherscum winning so well happen just need shrews to get a last minute winner

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 27, 2018, 05:16:56 pm by RedJ »
Jammy bas**rds.

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 27, 2018, 05:21:06 pm by Buzzberry »
We could do with a centre half like Wood.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 27, 2018, 05:22:46 pm by drfchound »
Rather have one like Ramos.

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 27, 2018, 05:23:31 pm by MrWoodySir »
Interesting to see where we could be with a half-decent manager.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 27, 2018, 05:38:44 pm by NickDRFC »
Rather have one like Ramos.

I imagine most league one clubs would quite like to have a defender who has the ability to win the World Cup, the Euros and the Champions League numerous times!

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 27, 2018, 05:39:03 pm by curley »
Don't need a manager just 11 large lumps & a fitness coach.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 27, 2018, 05:44:11 pm by Campsall rover »
So much for Rovers Barnsley and Rotherham all being in the same division next season. Oh well never mind  :crying:

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 27, 2018, 05:46:49 pm by WheatleyRover »
They didnt do it as classy as we did it first time of asking

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 27, 2018, 05:56:37 pm by firestarter »
26k attendance .. absolutely terrible turnout !

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 27, 2018, 06:00:11 pm by selby »
  Both clubs in that game to struggle next season,and I will be surprised if Coventry v Exeter is not of a higher football standard.
  Congratulations to Rotherham enjoy your day,if they survive next season I will be very surprised without a massive turnover of players.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 27, 2018, 06:18:04 pm by steve@dcfd »

Nothing wrong with the manager the players we had last season especially in midfield and attacking third were not quite up to it but they would have been and still are the most expensive acquisitions. DF has given his list to the CEO for next season let’s see if he can get the quality we require in various positions.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 27, 2018, 06:36:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We could do with a centre half like Wood.

We already have two that are better!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 27, 2018, 07:41:20 pm by scawsby steve »
Shrewsbury will sink like a stone next season. They were absolutely abysmal today, and Beckles and John-Lewis were two of the biggest puddings I've ever seen in a game of professional football; they made Rodney Kongolo look like Pele. If that's the standard of League One next season, we've nothing to fear.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 27, 2018, 07:54:33 pm by PDX_Rover »

Quality d**khead statement.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 27, 2018, 07:57:47 pm by tommy toes »
Shrewsbury will sink like a stone next season. They were absolutely abysmal today, and Beckles and John-Lewis were two of the biggest puddings I've ever seen in a game of professional football; they made Rodney Kongolo look like Pele. If that's the standard of League One next season, we've nothing to fear.
Couldn't agree more. Shrewsbury were absolutely terrible.  Rotherham made hard work of what should have been a doddle.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 27, 2018, 08:18:40 pm by NickDRFC »
Couldn't agree more. Shrewsbury were absolutely terrible.  Rotherham made hard work of what should have been a doddle.

Personally I disagree. Shrewsbury were poor, yes, but it doesn't mean they're useless. They finished more than 30 points ahead of us for a reason, one poor game doesn't change that. And even if they are hopeless next year, it's hardly indicative of the quality of the league as a whole - we've had 3 new clubs come down, 4 new ones to come up and clubs like Portsmouth & Charlton amongst others will likely strengthen over the summer. We're potentially still a fair way off being able to compete at anything close to where Shrewsbury have been this season.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 27, 2018, 10:05:55 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Has Hirst been confimed as the new Ipswich manager yet? In extra time he didn't look like her was communicating with  any of his players, sharp contrast to Warne in the middle of a huddle of psyched up players! It looked very weird...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 27, 2018, 10:43:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
Rotherham scored more goals than Shrewsbury and did that through the season. They scored 13 more than Shrewsbury and 21 more than us.

Shrewsbury had the better defence overall through the season yet in tight games did not score enough.

Rotherham have got promoted because their attacking resources from midfield to some up front were better.

For us to progress and even compete we need to improve our attacking options from midfield to up front. That’s where we need to add quality players( league 1 quality at least)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 28, 2018, 03:33:00 am by scawsby steve »

Personally I disagree. Shrewsbury were poor, yes, but it doesn't mean they're useless. They finished more than 30 points ahead of us for a reason, one poor game doesn't change that. And even if they are hopeless next year, it's hardly indicative of the quality of the league as a whole - we've had 3 new clubs come down, 4 new ones to come up and clubs like Portsmouth & Charlton amongst others will likely strengthen over the summer. We're potentially still a fair way off being able to compete at anything close to where Shrewsbury have been this season.

I agree with a lot of what you say Nick, particularly about some of the teams that will be strong next year; however, with the size of Shrewsbury's support base and budget, I feel that this season was a one off and they needed to go up this time. Also, if we're potentially a fair way off being able to compete at the top end of the table, then we need to get moving this Summer, we're now in year 3 of the 5 year plan, which isn't just to be in the Championship, but to be sustainable there.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 28, 2018, 08:28:44 am by selby »
  Rotherham will need six to eight first team players, all playing week in week out to compete at championship level.
   Shrewsbury started the season on fire, and I think were the last team in the whole three football league sides to lose a game, since christmas they have not been that great.
   The two sides(Blackburn and Wigan) with championship class players topped the division. when ourselves and Barnsley went up, both teams had outstanding players at this level who went on to play for better teams at a higher level.
  I have seen both those sides play 5 full hours of football this season, very very few players, and the style of play the two teams play convince me that  any of the individual players or the teams are championship standard, and Woods the outstanding player yesterday definitely will struggle for pace.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 28, 2018, 09:02:27 am by Padge_DRFC »
Was yesterday the lowest league 1 play off final attendance ever? 26000 there. Didn’t we take 23000 ourselves? All be it 4000 we’re probably Leeds fans in our end.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 28, 2018, 09:13:10 am by colincramb »
26000 is pathetic. Why these games aren’t played in a smaller stadium is beyond me

Mark Wills

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 28, 2018, 10:15:46 am by Mark Wills »
Rotherham took 26,000 when they went to Wembley the 1st time they have been 4 times over the last few years think it’s getting boring for them 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 28, 2018, 11:11:44 am by Bessie Red »
Rotherham took 26,000 when they went to Wembley the 1st time they have been 4 times over the last few years think it’s getting boring for them 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Of course you did!! 😂😂

TinyPortal © 2005-2012