Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:44:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A footballing lesson  (Read 6621 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
A footballing lesson
« on October 19, 2019, 04:59:18 pm by Filo »
Excellent today Bristol Rovers walked off the park a well beaten team

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
Re: A footballing lesson
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2019, 05:29:38 pm by Bezza »
They were chasing shadows all the 2nd half.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2019, 05:34:23 pm by since-1969 »
We still can’t convert the chances 4-0 would have flattered them !

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2019, 05:34:36 pm by PDX_Rover »
Some of the interplay was brilliant today. One touch. There was one instance in the first half which led to a chance that Sheaf should have scored that was brilliant

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 19, 2019, 05:35:44 pm by PDX_Rover »

Rubbish. Hit the bar and some good blocks. But hey, trust you to have something to moan about after that.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 19, 2019, 05:42:48 pm by since-1969 »
Well 2-0 was not what we deserved form a one sided match .  :scarf:

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 19, 2019, 05:50:19 pm by john_donc857 »
Not bad going. We’ve played 7 out of the top 8 now and only lost two and on another day maybe that would have just been one

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 19, 2019, 05:50:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
One of those games where the opposition wished there was another ball on the pitch for them to play with.

Sublime!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 19, 2019, 05:56:26 pm by sha66y »

Rubbish. Hit the bar and some good blocks. But hey, trust you to have something to moan about after that.

To be fair both Ennis and Sadlier were put through with the keeper to beat, and Anderson at one point found the ball in space with just the keeper to beat, not to mention the 3 or 4 chances that fell to Whiteman and Sheaf....

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 19, 2019, 05:57:26 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Just goes to show that even twelve games into the season is too early to be an indication of how good teams are.  On that showing Bristol Rovers aren't even a top half side let alone playoffs.

Excellent performance by the lads today and still not hit our stride yet IMO.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 19, 2019, 06:07:55 pm by roversdude »
A lesson overseen by an official intent on not giving us anything too

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2019, 06:07:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Just goes to show that even twelve games into the season is too early to be an indication of how good teams are.  On that showing Bristol Rovers aren't even a top half side let alone playoffs.

Excellent performance by the lads today and still not hit our stride yet IMO.

They are missing JCH tbf.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 19, 2019, 06:09:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Same as against Pompey but with a better result. We are a good side lacking a good striker but we all.know that.  No slight on Ennis who led the line well but he isnt a goalscorer.

That will seem a negative, it isnt. He played well as did all the team.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 19, 2019, 06:10:42 pm by Paul Simpson »
Great game and result! Thoroughly deserved the 3 points imo. Well done to our lads a cracking game of football! 👍😀⚽️⚽️

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 19, 2019, 06:13:07 pm by roversdude »
There may be some posters missing tonight guys

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 19, 2019, 06:16:49 pm by DRFCMach2man »
Great footballing display today - Bristol Rovers were not a top six side on today's display but there again we did not let them get a foothold in the game. All round superb team performance today and I really feel there is more to come from this side😀⚽️😀⚽️😀⚽️

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 19, 2019, 06:22:34 pm by Campsall rover »
There may be some posters missing tonight guys
Too right there will be. They only post when they can have a damn good old moan.
Impossible to moan after that today. Except to say 4/5 nil would have been a truer reflection of the game.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 19, 2019, 06:24:04 pm by jackthelad »
Great to get back to winning ways and a good performance is reassuring too.

Last few games were disappointing so it's good to get back winning. Two goals and a clean sheet also.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 19, 2019, 06:24:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
That front 4 will get 50 plus goals between them.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 19, 2019, 06:26:31 pm by Bezza »
Think we can say Bristol ran out gas.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 19, 2019, 06:27:51 pm by Filo »
As I said in my OP they were a well beaten team at the end, and they knew it

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 19, 2019, 06:31:11 pm by Campsall rover »
If we can win the next 2 games away at Southend and Tranmere we will almost certainly be back in the top 6 which is where i expect us to stay for the remainder of the season.
The cream always rises to the top and as i have said previously i don’t think there is any team to fear in this league.
It’s all about who can be the most consistent from now onwards.
We have the third best defence in the league. ( we lost 3-0 last week ) without that result we would be 2nd to Ipswich only.
I can see a lot of clean sheets this season and we will not need to score 2 goals to win in the majority of games this season. Just my opinion of course.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 19, 2019, 06:33:06 pm by Retdon1 »
We played some excellent football today, just the final pass or shot kept the score down.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 19, 2019, 06:36:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Level above imo.  Enjoyable to watch and we controlled it well second half.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 19, 2019, 06:38:17 pm by 5 on Tour »

To be fair both Ennis and Sadlier were put through with the keeper to beat, and Anderson at one point found the ball in space with just the keeper to beat, not to mention the 3 or 4 chances that fell to Whiteman and Sheaf....

Might have to forgive the Anderson one. Surprised he didn’t have a nose bleed in that position to be fair.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 19, 2019, 06:49:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In terms of approach play we are the Man City of League One. It's a pity some of those exquisite moves were not finished off and get the TV air time they deserved.

All players are contributing to the football from back to front with great little triangles in all parts of the pitch. The back four seem much more at ease with Dieng between the sticks. A cool customer who's totally aware of his positioning and gathers the ball with ease.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 19, 2019, 06:54:10 pm by adamtherover »
Aside from the penno,  did they have a shot on goal?  All due to the closing down 30 yds from goal.  The energy in this team is immense...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 19, 2019, 07:05:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
I thought it was a commanding performance without the commanding scoreline, as everyone has said already. Bristol did start the first half well and we’re pressing high up the pitch, but 2 things changed all that, the missed penalty (which I thought was contentious), followed by a team goal, put away be Sadlier. That took the steam out of them.

Second half, the pressing receded and the spaces opened up and then it was a question of how many. But only Jon Taylor’s follow-up, from Ennis, is what we ended up with. Shame.

We still need that striker, but it’s easy to forget that, after that performance.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 19, 2019, 07:36:58 pm by tyke1962 »
The second automatic spot looks up for grabs to me , other than Ipswich Town the league seems to be more equal this year than last when you had Luton , Barnsley , , Portsmouth , Sunderland and Charlton significantly better than the rest with all five capable of an automatic spot at various stages of the season .

I'm not convinced looking at the table tonight that some of the clubs who occupy the top 6 places can last the pace with all due respect to them in terms of squad depth and budget in the January window .

Very interesting to observe and if Rovers can put a good unbeaten run together then they will be right in the mix for second spot .

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 19, 2019, 07:43:28 pm by Dutch Uncle »
The second automatic spot looks up for grabs to me , other than Ipswich Town the league seems to be more equal this year than last when you had Luton , Barnsley , , Portsmouth , Sunderland and Charlton significantly better than the rest with all five capable of an automatic spot at various stages of the season .

I'm not convinced looking at the table tonight that some of the clubs who occupy the top 6 places can last the pace with all due respect to them in terms of squad depth and budget in the January window .

Very interesting to observe and if Rovers can put a good unbeaten run together then they will be right in the mix for second spot .

Thanks Tyke  :thumbsup: We are hoping for a postive January window to give us a bit of impetus (especially up front) and some depth of backup.

How was your performance today under the new manager? On the face of it a good point against a good Swansea side? Hopefully things will pick up for you soon.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 07:45:33 pm by Dutch Uncle »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012