Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:09:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Selfish PIG  (Read 2987 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Selfish PIG
« on August 16, 2019, 02:13:14 pm by Donnywolf »
Just been to Greggs at Lakeside and it was 9.30 Shops dont open till 10 so there were maybe 25 Cars in the whole Car Park
One selfish Kitson had done the classic parking straight down the line thus taking 2 spots.

Honestly what a selfish PIG they must be and I swear IF i had had a car narrow enough to get between the drivers door and the Car to the PIGS right I would have parked it right there
What is wrong with people these days ? They could have parked 50 yards away and had a whole row to their precious Car - Silver Nissan of some sort with 02 or 05 Plates 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Selfish PIG
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2019, 02:15:37 pm by Axholme Lion »
It's not selfish. Blame the people who open doors onto the bodywork of your motor.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 16, 2019, 02:25:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's not selfish. Blame the people who open doors onto the bodywork of your motor.

Which is probably caused by the idiots who park in parent and child places making it a pain to get a baby out the car......

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2019, 02:29:42 pm by GazLaz »
It doesn’t really matter if the car park is empty does it?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 16, 2019, 02:46:54 pm by Axholme Lion »
Parking spaces for disabled, brats and now eco warriors. Is there any space for anyone who just doesn't want their motor damaged?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 16, 2019, 05:51:59 pm by Donnywolf »
All these questions and more available I have just found on Parking like a T*** in Doncaster (Facebook)

Some great videos on Youtube as well. Loved the 2 x Offroad vehicles trapping in a selfish parker. Only downside is one of them took up 2 spots as well

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421098141364469/
I joined this Group to look at what I know is happening all over the country. This is a Donny based Page and shows parking at its "best" and "most considerate".
Pity the Attendants dont dish out Tickets for taking up 2 spots like the person I saw at Lakeside. I cant believe that I parked one row behind and had the whole row to myself yet this selfish PIG wanted a) to be as near as possible and b) "defend" their precious motor (02 0r 05)
I have noticed in certain Supermarkets there are Cars regulary doing the double spot thing as far away from the doors as possible and assume they are Staff ?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:55:56 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 19, 2019, 08:26:00 am by IDM »
It’s not really a problem if this is done in a quiet part of the car park.. 

As for folks knocking other cars with doors, when I have a new car I look for a space either in the end of a row, next to the disabled or parent and child slots, or by a footpath etc where I can leave as wide a gap at the side as possible whilst staying between the lines..

It’s folks without young kids who take up parent parking, especially just to nip to the cashpoint because it is sooooo hard walking another 30 metres or so, that piss me off - when we have kids on the car.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 19, 2019, 08:33:33 am by DonnyOsmond »
I've seen a lot of people parking in disabled spots lately who don't seem to give a f**k about actual disabled people. Stop being lazy t**ts if you're not disabled and park in a normal spot.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 19, 2019, 08:45:55 am by IDM »
Sometimes that happens but not all disabilities are visibly obvious..

That said, there’s plenty of folks take the piss..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2019, 09:34:20 am by roversdude »
Supermarkets now seem to have many more disabled spaces than parent/child spaces - observation certainly not condoning parking in marked spaces.
One thing that always makes me laugh is the parking at the gym near Morrison’s - people going for exercise yet parking like tw*ts just to be nearer the door

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2019, 09:34:38 am by DonnyOsmond »
Sometimes that happens but not all disabilities are visibly obvious..

That said, there’s plenty of folks take the piss..

They should at least have a badge then, which these people don't.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2019, 10:25:45 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Parking spaces for disabled, brats and now eco warriors. Is there any space for anyone who just doesn't want their motor damaged?

Dozens of them.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2019, 11:33:23 am by ravenrover »
I parked in a mother and child area in a car park near me and the stupid so n so next to me still managed to dcrape my passenger door even with all that extra room

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2019, 11:51:13 am by Axholme Lion »

Dozens of them.

Why do people need to take kids shopping? Can't they just leave them in front of the telly with some pop and crisps?
My mother used to walk to the shops.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2019, 01:50:05 pm by drfchound »
It’s not really a problem if this is done in a quiet part of the car park.. 

As for folks knocking other cars with doors, when I have a new car I look for a space either in the end of a row, next to the disabled or parent and child slots, or by a footpath etc where I can leave as wide a gap at the side as possible whilst staying between the lines..

It’s folks without young kids who take up parent parking, especially just to nip to the cashpoint because it is sooooo hard walking another 30 metres or so, that piss me off - when we have kids on the car.

In any supermarket car park you will see a mother park in one of the mother and child spaces and not have a child with them.
No doubt that they would be complaining if they couldn’t get one of those spaces when they do have the kids with them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2019, 02:23:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Dozens of them.

Why do people need to take kids shopping? Can't they just leave them in front of the telly with some pop and crisps?
My mother used to walk to the shops.

You're having to park a bit further from the shop and having walk a few extra yards and you're bleating about it? Your mother must be so proud of you.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2019, 02:51:22 pm by Axholme Lion »
I don't go shopping, I leave it to the wife.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 19, 2019, 03:20:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What are you moaning about then?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 20, 2019, 10:38:31 am by Axholme Lion »

Because I enjoy moaning.

eric the red

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 20, 2019, 02:36:13 pm by eric the red »
I did put a post on here a few weeks ago about seeing a warden taking photos of a four wheeled drive vehicle, straggling the parking bay lines and that was in an almost empty car park!!!!.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 20, 2019, 03:38:48 pm by drfchound »
I did put a post on here a few weeks ago about seeing a warden taking photos of a four wheeled drive vehicle, straggling the parking bay lines and that was in an almost empty car park!!!!.

So no damage done then.
No one being denied a parking space.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 20, 2019, 03:44:03 pm by Donnywolf »

Good - nick them all. Ive even seen some taking 4 spots by going down the centre line AND stopping half way in each logwise as well

Selfish PIGS

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 20, 2019, 03:54:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Because I enjoy moaning.

Bugger off and moan at your wife then. Go and 'make something of it' with her.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 20, 2019, 03:55:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So no damage done then.

How long had it been there?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 20, 2019, 03:57:41 pm by drfchound »

So no damage done then.

No idea, have you.
Did the warden even know.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 20, 2019, 05:56:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So no damage done then.

No idea, have you.

Yes. They have to allow a grace period for the driver to return so they'd have recorded when they first noticed the vehicle.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 20, 2019, 06:27:53 pm by drfchound »

So no damage done then.

No idea, have you.

Yes. They have to allow a grace period for the driver to return so they'd have recorded when they first noticed the vehicle.

I assume that the grace period is a few minutes after the time that the vehicle should have left the car park.
As the car park was almost empty it is very unlikely that ALL the other cars left at the same time so as I said, no damage done as there were plenty of spaces available for other users.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 20, 2019, 06:48:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
That grace time is from when the warden was first there to see it parked illegally, not the time when it was parked. For all either of us know, it could have been getting a ticket for not paying and displaying and not for how it was parked. It could even have been there overnight.

eric the red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 20, 2019, 08:08:47 pm by eric the red »
My original post about the warden cameraman was to warn rovers fans not to park straggling the lines,even though the car park may be only half full.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 21, 2019, 06:20:05 am by Donnywolf »
Yes - and a good point you make. It should inform others NOT to do this.

Its selfish in the extreme and YES it does take up a parking spot that would otherwise be available - but as with Mobile Phones being used when driving, Yellow Lines being ignored, Disabled, Mother and toddler spots and Electric spots being used by those not entitled to them - it will be ignored

TinyPortal © 2005-2012