Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:49:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Flag for Brighton  (Read 1315 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Flag for Brighton
« on June 18, 2011, 07:40:36 am by Albert Trousers »
Given the close links between the 2 clubs and fans (Brighton fans are delighted we are there for the 1st game) does anyone else thing it would be good to display a flag at the game something along the lines of BHAFC & DRFC prove the fans can win. Raising a few quid at reasonably short notice has been done on here before, could we do it again?? I'll chuck a fiver in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Flag for Brighton
« Reply #1 on June 18, 2011, 07:43:43 am by RobTheRover »
I feel a campaign coming on....

To do this properly, I suggest a partnership arrangement between BOTH sets of fans, and the flag can be passed around the whole ground.  If both Brighton fans and Donny fans contribute we should be able to hit the £1500+ a big flag costs.

My only concern is that it will get two outings this season, and as we all know we will be promoted this time next year, so it might have a very short shelf life.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 18, 2011, 08:51:56 am by Superspy »
would be nice if it had the dates of the match, and the last goldstone match on it as well.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 18, 2011, 09:33:24 am by RedJ »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=162121

To do this properly, I suggest a partnership arrangement between BOTH sets of fans, and the flag can be passed around the whole ground.  If both Brighton fans and Donny fans contribute we should be able to hit the £1500+ a big flag costs.

My only concern is that it will get two outings this season, and as we all know we will be promoted this time next year, so it might have a very short shelf life.

Nice and confident!!

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 18, 2011, 10:17:08 am by roverssam1879 »
sounds like a great idea

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 18, 2011, 10:35:25 am by graingrover »
For the purposes of FLAGS in general ..  would it not be more practical to have Vikings Coop organise things even if it means them making a special appeal for extra funds ?. or the official Supporters club though they keep a very low profile other than the organisation of tyravel to away matches ( a vital job well done by them! I would  financially support most initiatives like this provided it were organised by VSC.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 18, 2011, 10:49:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
On a side note, could we have a seperate bit of the VSC aimed at boosting atmosphere, working towards the improvement of matchday experience in all areas, alongside the club?  This would be involved with specific fundraising and then potentially obtaining new flags, banners for home and away.  Could get involved with one off little things at matchdays, displays etc.  It'd be something quite useful and something I personally wouldn't mind being involved in if it was a goer.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 18, 2011, 11:30:13 am by Albert Trousers »
Quote from: \"RobTheRover\" post=162121

Rob how about 2 flags 1 in red which could maybe be presented to BHAFC & 1 in blue given to DRFC, they could be wheeled out whenever we play each other, they don't have to massive or owt?

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 18, 2011, 04:12:54 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=162142
On a side note, could we have a seperate bit of the VSC aimed at boosting atmosphere, working towards the improvement of matchday experience in all areas, alongside the club?  This would be involved with specific fundraising and then potentially obtaining new flags, banners for home and away.  Could get involved with one off little things at matchdays, displays etc.  It'd be something quite useful and something I personally wouldn't mind being involved in if it was a goer.

BFYP

This is the sort of idea we want to pull together under the strategy thread and I can see this being a part of a wider initiative.

Any assistance that you (or anyone else) is prepared to provide would be gratefully accepted. We have a few ideas as to how we can boost our profile by being more visible on match days etc.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012