Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:29:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Peter Hepworth  (Read 6766 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Peter Hepworth
« on September 20, 2012, 05:01:33 pm by The Red Baron »
Leaving the Rovers Board:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/peter-hepworth-leaves-board-379460.aspx

By my reckoning that means the only directors are JR and Stuart Highfield. Does this constitute a quorum?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Peter Hepworth
« Reply #1 on September 20, 2012, 05:05:33 pm by Mr1Croft »
Gavin Baldwin will be listed as a Director, as for the Quroum I'm not sure...

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 20, 2012, 06:46:41 pm by NickDRFC »
Sad news, he put a lot of time and effort into the stadium negotiations when it was built and he's a Rovers fan through and through. All the best to him.

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 20, 2012, 08:42:13 pm by Beerseller »
For a private company the minimum number for a quorum is 2 and for a public company its 5

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #4 on September 21, 2012, 12:02:20 am by Rovin Reporter »
Is the club up for sale ?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 21, 2012, 12:03:33 am by Mr1Croft »
What evidence is out there that points to a conclusion of the club being up for sale?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 21, 2012, 12:23:58 am by RedJ »
What evidence is out there that points to any conclusion of Rovin Reporter?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 21, 2012, 09:39:39 am by MrFrost »
Still, fact we have two directors remaining is cause for concern. What is happening behind the scenes?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 21, 2012, 10:12:53 am by Red wizard »
Do directors get paid?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #9 on September 21, 2012, 11:23:51 am by Rovin Reporter »
What evidence is out there that points to a conclusion of the club being up for sale?
It is an easy conclusion to make when you look @ No investment in the team ( all players cost nothing to sign & players missed through ;lack of activity )  , build assets only ( taking on loss making Stadium overall not just long lease )  , Directors leaving ( how many is that now), silence generally from the club on any of the for mentioned . the club say it has a large playing budget ? no evidence of this if we only have 11 fit players , IMO if you scale back on out goings and put all your money into asset purchase ie keepmoat etc, then all this lend its self to put the club in readiness for a either a large investor or it is open for offers . IMO  :thumbdown:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 21, 2012, 11:36:48 am by hoolahoop »
It is an easy conclusion to make when you look @ No investment in the team ( all players cost nothing to sign & players missed through ;lack of activity )  , build assets only ( taking on loss making Stadium overall not just long lease )  , Directors leaving ( how many is that now), silence generally from the club on any of the for mentioned . the club say it has a large playing budget ? no evidence of this if we only have 11 fit players , IMO if you scale back on out goings and put all your money into asset purchase ie keepmoat etc, then all this lend its self to put the club in readiness for a either a large investor or it is open for offers . IMO  :thumbdown:

I just don't get your rationale here RR, there are many assumtions here. Where is the queue ?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 21, 2012, 12:18:03 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

The long lease of the stadium is essentially not much different to ownership though.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 21, 2012, 12:19:35 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Just how many directors did John Ryan upset last season with his decision to let Willie McKay 'help' us?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 21, 2012, 12:25:45 pm by hoolahoop »
Just how many directors did John Ryan upset last season with his decision to let Willie McKay 'help' us?

Obviously more than we thought AR.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 21, 2012, 12:32:34 pm by silent majority »

Jeez RR, have you not been reading any of the posts I've been putting on here for the last 6 months??

1) We have a playing budget of about £4m which leaves a large hole between income and expenditure which the owners of the club are filling. What's that if its not investment?

2) Building assets only? Have you not seen the figures I put up here months ago which shows the lease is actually cheaper then the rent we were paying? And that the savings being gained move the stadium into profit rather than being a drain on revenue.

3) 11 fit players? WE currently have a squad of 18, all just about fit, with plans to bring in more as and when needed.

4) The conclusions you reach are a nonsense and just scaremongering

5) And if a large investor did come in is that such a bad thing?

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 21, 2012, 12:36:40 pm by mattco »
Well said, Silent Majority.  There are too many on this forum who are too quick to put an error-strewn negative spin on any piece of news regarding the club.  What their motives are is just beyond me.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 21, 2012, 12:38:29 pm by silent majority »

Obviously more than we thought AR.

Again no basis in fact at all. Maybe AR needs to elaborate?

The fact is the decision to appoint WM was made by the owners of the club, JR, DW and TB. One other Director had a hand in that which was Dave Morris. So that's 4 Directors who thought it was a good thing plus it was also a joint decision so why are blaming JR yet again? Answer, because we like to attack the people who look after this club, it seems that any made up fact can be used to do so.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 21, 2012, 12:41:34 pm by RobTheRover »
I'd like to think that the vast majority of Rovers' supporters read the drivel posted by certain members of our community and see it for exactly what it is.

I sometimes wonder which club some of these people support.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 21, 2012, 12:42:44 pm by Alan_Rovers »
The same John Ryan ho had such a good relationship with his directors, that two of them resigned three months later and he sacked the other one from his job as CEO.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 21, 2012, 12:46:46 pm by silent majority »
The same John Ryan ho had such a good relationship with his directors, that two of them resigned three months later and he sacked the other one from his job as CEO.

Yes, but you stated that JR upset these directors by appointing WM, as I said you need to elaborate on that, not point out the obvious! Furthermore he didn't sack the CEO, he resigned. You really need to sort out your facts Al as most of them have no basis in truth.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 21, 2012, 12:48:44 pm by Alan_Rovers »
That' not what a certain close relation of Mr Morris was telling everyone who could be bothered to listen in Armthorpe only a few weeks ago.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 21, 2012, 12:50:57 pm by silent majority »
That' not what a certain close relation of Mr Morris was telling everyone who could be bothered to listen in Armthorpe only a few weeks ago.

So somebody who knows Dave Morris was blabbing in a pub in Armthorpe so therefore everything must be true? Jeez, you're not worth arguing with!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 21, 2012, 12:57:57 pm by Alan_Rovers »
I think the person in question more than knows Dave Morris. They are a blood relation!

neil grainger

« Reply #23 on September 21, 2012, 01:02:11 pm by neil grainger »

So somebody who knows Dave Morris was blabbing in a pub in Armthorpe so therefore everything must be true? Jeez, you're not worth arguing with!

You're wasting your breath on some folk SM, but good on you for attempting to set the record straight.

There's none so blind as those who do not wish to see.....

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 21, 2012, 01:04:35 pm by RobTheRover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 21, 2012, 01:07:34 pm by silent majority »

You're wasting your breath on some folk SM, but good on you for attempting to set the record straight.

There's none so blind as those who do not wish to see.....

I know its a difficult task Neil, but I hate to see complete fabrication on this forum just because somebody has, for whatever reason, an axe to grind. We do have to counter the made up negative bile that some people persist on peddling. We have a great club here, fantastic supporters, some very benevolent owners and staff who work their socks off to get things right for us and yet I see that drivel, I despair!

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 21, 2012, 02:30:08 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Dave Morris was forced out. Remember SM that you are in the club's pocket, so it would be foolish to expect you to say anything negative.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 21, 2012, 02:49:05 pm by DRNaith »
Dave Morris was forced out. Remember SM that you are in the club's pocket, so it would be foolish to expect you to say anything negative.

What I say now is purely my own view.....

...you're saying he was forced out like that was a bad thing.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #28 on September 21, 2012, 03:19:42 pm by Rovin Reporter »
All i asked was the club up for sale? and offered my reason for thinking this dreadful thought , i will now jump of Balby Bridge  Good Bye!! :evil:

BillieJA

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 21, 2012, 03:39:49 pm by BillieJA »

So you'd rather have Dave Morris back than Gavin Baldwin at the helm?

And you keep saying the club is badly run, etc? You're loopy. You'll be suggesting Peter Ridsdale replaces John Ryan as chairman next.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012