Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:09:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: teams competing for 6th place ?  (Read 7760 times)

redbrez

• VSC Member
teams competing for 6th place ?
« on February 18, 2015, 02:26:45 pm by redbrez »
Who do you  think will be the teams most likely to challenge us?
Oldham? Think they will be there about, maybe not quite strong enough
Chesterfield? Now they have lost Doyle,  I think they will drop a bit.
Bradford? One of our main threats , let's hope the fa cup distracts them.
Gillingham,   could be a dark horse?
Hate to say it but I think sKitson horpe,  could be our main threat?

And the only team above us I think might drop of is Swindon,  but should have enough points to stay In the play off places .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: teams competing for 6th place ?
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2015, 02:29:07 pm by Dare to dream! »
I think it'll be MK Dons not Swindon who will drop off. As for sixth there are a lot of team challenging but the ones we should be keeping an eye on for me are Peterborough and Bradford. A leyton Orient win tonight would be useful.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2015, 02:30:08 pm by Filo »
Radio Sheffield keep talking up Sheff Utds automatic promotion push, we are 3 points behind them, on that basis we must be in with a shout of at least the play offs

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2015, 02:31:19 pm by mushRTID »
It's ours to lose now. We have the squad, no excuses. Chesterfield were the threat until Doyle went.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2015, 02:31:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
Gillingham are the team at the moment - unbeaten in last 6 and on a right roll since Justin Edinburgh was appointed manager. I think they are our (and everyone else'a) main threat and we go there soon!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 18, 2015, 02:33:37 pm by Dare to dream! »
Radio Sheffield keep talking up Sheff Utds automatic promotion push, we are 3 points behind them, on that basis we must be in with a shout of at least the play offs

It will be a big ask, but look at Bournemouth when we went up last season. There's no reason why we cant win these next three games coming up

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2015, 02:43:05 pm by GazLaz »
Both us and Sheff United have strengthened well. Brayford and Done were great signings for them. We are improving at the right time and there is probably more to come. We can even cover pretty much like for like in most positions in the case of injury. I still think we need to work on a plan to start better in the home games but the signs are positive.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2015, 03:44:02 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I would go with Scunthorpe and Bradford as main rivals

However the trouble is if any one of the 12 teams from 7th down to 18th puts together a great run then they could take 6th place.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 18, 2015, 03:59:59 pm by graingrover »
Scunthorpe are flying !

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2015, 04:03:54 pm by ravenrover »
Ah but don't forget, Dee Dah keeps telling us enough so we shouldn't, Blades have 2 games in hand and will be only 6 points behind the top 2. Big assumption that they will win them.
Another factor to remember according to the delightful Mr Clough who is rapidly overtaking Mr Evans in my loathing of, is that they have played every other team above them home and away so have only the TLO of us and the other also rans to play

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2015, 05:35:47 pm by donnygeoff »
So what about 5th. As much chance as sixth

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2015, 05:56:42 pm by Bessie Red »
Gillingham are the team at the moment - unbeaten in last 6 and on a right roll since Justin Edinburgh was appointed manager. I think they are our (and everyone else'a) main threat and we go there soon!

Crewe were on aright roll aswell until they met us last night!! If we play to our full potential from now till the end of the season I see know reason why we shouldn't end up in at least a Play Off place.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 18, 2015, 06:40:00 pm by IDM »
And we are still the only team in the division with only one defeat in the last 10 league games.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 19, 2015, 12:44:48 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Gillingham will finish just below play offs, squad not strong enough
Scunthorpe are a danger with the firepower they have, but won't quite make it
Chesterfield will be just short of play offs
Oldham will drop out squad not good enough
Bradford will miss out
Sheff utd will make it in 5th
Preston 4th
MK Dons will win it
We will be third, Bristol City second, Swindon will drop but just hold on to play offs.

1.MK Dons
2.Bristol City
3.Doncaster
4.Preston
5.Sheff utd
6.Swindon

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 19, 2015, 12:50:44 am by RoversAlias »
Third? Unbelievable optimism, good to see!

I think we are all competing for 5th at best to be honest, the top few sides are a different class of team this season.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 19, 2015, 01:19:12 am by RobTheRover »
I can see where you are coming from with that, Alias.  However, on our day we have the beating of everyone in this league.  Confidence is the key.  Keep this run going and we can ride this wave all the way.  The key test will be how we react to our next defeat (whenever that may be).

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 19, 2015, 06:24:12 am by GazLaz »
We are very very unlikely to finish above Sheff United.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 19, 2015, 07:36:00 am by colincramb »
I agree Gaz. It's 6th place for me. Worried about Bradford, not sure why Sammy feels they will miss out. They just keep winning, whether it's the cup or the league.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 19, 2015, 07:59:29 am by Mr1Croft »
Based on the last 10 games, we are very much in the hunt for 2-6th. At the moment its looking like its going to be very tight with Bradford and Scunthorpe just below the play offs.

If the form of last 10 games continue then the final table will look like this:

« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:38:05 pm by Mr1Croft »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 19, 2015, 08:12:26 am by NickDRFC »
Makes for ominous
Based on the last 10 games, we are very much in the hunt for 2-6th. At the moment its looking like its going to be very tight with Bradford and Scunthorpe just below the play offs.

Hmm, makes for ominous viewing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 19, 2015, 08:23:45 am by IDM »
Forget top 2, we would need to win maybe 14 out of 16 games - possible but very unlikely.

Let the top 3 or 4 stay there, along the way beating our rivals for the play offs - for example Preston are at home to Scunthorpe on Saturday.  A Preston win helps us most if our aim is for the play offs?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 19, 2015, 08:30:20 am by southwestexile »
Don't forget that we have experience of being around the top and under pressure at the business end of the season, should reduce the negativity of squeaky bum time. At least one of the other top 6 sides will bottle it. I fancy a trip to Wembley where we come from 2 behind to beat the Blunts 3-2 in the 8th minute of injury time

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 19, 2015, 09:05:31 am by IDM »
We are now where we are supposed to be, in relation to our reported budget levels. I believe we will be competing to the end of the season, wherever we finish between 3rd and 11th?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 19, 2015, 11:53:06 am by Filo »

I only see a blank square

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 19, 2015, 12:09:46 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
And we are still the only team in the division with only one defeat in the last 10 league games.

funny you said that just watched the rovers highlights of the yeovil game and they said 1 in 10 so according to my abacus it's now 1 in 11 and counting

just noticed yeovil have resigned on loan the worst player ever to "play" for rovers webster on loan from millwall that's another loan defender added pdq -- rovers were lucky they aren't playing them this saturday with their strengthened side -- so yeovil are going to pick up and move away from the bottom (AND TAKE POINTS OFF THE UPPER ECHELON TEAMS) just like crewe did  (move away from the bottom)

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 19, 2015, 12:10:21 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
I only see a blank square, too

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 19, 2015, 12:38:44 pm by Mr1Croft »
Attached the image for those who can't see it. Nothing special mind.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 19, 2015, 12:44:59 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
 :crying:just checked yeovils next few fixtures 

Yeovil v Gillingham   Sat 21 Feb   15:00   
Scunthorpe v Yeovil   Sat 28 Feb   15:00   
Yeovil v Walsall   Tue 3 Mar   19:45   
Yeovil v Oldham   Sat 7 Mar   15:00   
Yeovil v Bristol City   Tue 10 Mar   19:45   
so we can see why they have done the loan business (same as last season) and as you can see they can do a few favours for Rovers starting on Saturday

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 19, 2015, 12:45:12 pm by IDM »

funny you said that just watched the rovers highlights of the yeovil game and they said 1 in 10 so according to my abacus it's now 1 in 11 and counting

just noticed yeovil have resigned on loan the worst player ever to "play" for rovers webster on loan from millwall that's another loan defender added pdq -- rovers were lucky they aren't playing them this saturday with their strengthened side -- so yeovil are going to pick up and move away from the bottom (AND TAKE POINTS OFF THE UPPER ECHELON TEAMS) just like crewe did  (move away from the bottom)

Yes it is one in 11, since losing at home to Gillingham.  I quoted one in ten simply because the BBC website full league 1 table has a colour coded form guide for the last 10 games, and this is easy to compare team by team.

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 19, 2015, 12:59:56 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
On the basis of Mr Croft's table, I think the really important thing to note is that we are now just 1 point from safety!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012