Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:10:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mcsheffrey next season  (Read 2279 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Mcsheffrey next season
« on April 03, 2022, 05:41:24 pm by Canadian Rover »
So I've been thinking the board are very unlikely to sack Mcsheffrey at the end of the season. What chances do you give us with him and Frank Sinclair (alongside all the new coaching staff) for a good, enjoyable season in League 2?

I've felt let down with his selections, formations and overall style of play. Also I felt no player really is playing their heart out for him as a manager (Olowu, Smith the exceptions) I belive Rowe does it for the club and his sense of professionalism.

But he does know the club, he does know the lower leagues and maybe a season with the manager truly knowing the shortfall of the current squad maybe a benefit.

Can we succeed with GM in charge and if so...does he need a DOF? Forget this Lee Carsley b*llocks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigKeif

• Forum Member
Re: Mcsheffrey next season
« Reply #1 on April 03, 2022, 05:48:18 pm by BigKeif »
At this moment in time, if we stick with Mcsheffrey, then we will struggle next season as well. The tactics (or lack of), formations and team selections have shown me that he’s not the man for the job, in my opinion.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 03, 2022, 06:06:42 pm by Chris the Rover »
I was quite optimistic when GM was appointed, but this has now totally dissipated. Our performances are, in general, shocking. I don’t like suggesting someone should be replaced, but I fear for us next season if he is still in charge. We are dire all over the pitch with not a single sign that this will change. It’s depressing!

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 03, 2022, 06:08:03 pm by DRFCSouth »
I'm seeing lower reaches of league 2 at this rate. With the potential for worse.

The whole approach of the club this season has created such a negative atmosphere around the club, it will be hard to recover from without some form of clear out of dead wood.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 03, 2022, 06:08:37 pm by BigKeif »
I was quite optimistic when GM was appointed, but this has now totally dissipated. Our performances are, in general, shocking. I don’t like suggesting someone should be replaced, but I fear for us next season if he is still in charge. We are dire all over the pitch with not a single sign that this will change. It’s depressing!

Exactly my thoughts on it all.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 03, 2022, 06:56:10 pm by Red wizard »
We will drop again if he stays. It will be tough anyway with a new manager. The club has got 18 months of losing most weeks. I look at Chesterfield, Southend to name 2 who experienced similar.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 03, 2022, 06:59:47 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Status Quo describe what’s going to happen to us, we are going “Down, down, deeper and down!.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 03, 2022, 09:00:53 pm by DRCraig »
Right. Nobody shoot me down with this comment. Get the Boreham Wood manager. He inspires. Unlike the current one.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 03, 2022, 10:05:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It’s a big risk. He’s got no credit in the bank so if we start bad a decision shouldn’t need to wait for Xmas. But if a manager is on such a tightrope how can you give him a summer to have our 2-3 year deals to potential duds!

The club desperately wants continuity, we all do. But that can’t be continuity from what we’ve seen with GM. What makes us have any hope next season will change with the same manager? The opposition will be slightly worse that’s it.

There can be no faith that we’ll sign any players that will improve us. Younger so far got us the quality to be 2nd bottom then in Jan managed to sign 8 players to make us worse! Even if GM stays we need someone else in that role imo

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 03, 2022, 10:06:29 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Right. Nobody shoot me down with this comment. Get the Boreham Wood manager. He inspires. Unlike the current one.

If he were to leave he'd go to a bigger club than us. Probably down south as well. He's been with Boreham Wood since 2009.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 03, 2022, 11:50:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

If he were to leave he'd go to a bigger club than us. Probably down south as well. He's been with Boreham Wood since 2009.

i seem to recall Borehamwood getting crowds of around 1,000 not long ago

i feel certain their manager won't break the "eternal" bond between him and the owner - who even remortgaged his house   (could explain why that striker went to Chessie) to save the club not long ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53027617

so no goer

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 04, 2022, 10:04:18 pm by streathamdave »
Narrowly avoiding relegation to conference.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 04, 2022, 11:02:18 pm by Canadian Rover »
I see the new DOF as confirmation we'll have the same manager next season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 04, 2022, 11:09:04 pm by drfchound »
That thought troubles me too CR.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2022, 01:58:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
I wrote on the DoF thread about this. Why not appoint a manager recommended by the new guy? Rather than get a new guy that’s willing to work with GM?

Tail wagging dog?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2022, 02:17:59 pm by drfchound »
I was wondering whether the new guy would be given the power about whether he could sack the manager/ head coach.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2022, 04:07:00 pm by BobG »
I see the new DOF as confirmation we'll have the same manager next season.

OK Canadian. Can you explain, please, the basis for that view? I have a theory that it might be the means by which the Board could get rid of GM without having to get their own hands dirty. But that's only a theory. If you have better info I'd be very happy if you would share it.

BobG

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2022, 10:02:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
I was wondering whether the new guy would be given the power about whether he could sack the manager/ head coach.

Director of Football Operations says to me all football matters and that would include coaches. Surely, he’d be the top of the triangle, I.e. there would be no-one on the footballing side outside his remit. He would then report directly to the Board.

The position is one thing but it still raises questions and if it’s GB that’s been driving this, as SM says, then he’s laying a lot on the line here - possibly his last throw of the dice, to term a phrase.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012