Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:43:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Zahawi  (Read 5169 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Zahawi
« on January 16, 2023, 01:30:25 pm by ravenrover »
Why is this man not being prosecuted for tax evasion?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Zahawi
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2023, 01:42:39 pm by Filo »

Lester Piggot was jailed for doing the exact same thing

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2023, 01:54:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Zahawi's spokesman said there had been a "dispute" over whether Zahawi owed the tax and now he's paid up several million.

Translation: Zahawi tried evading tax. He got caught and has had to cough up.

Now, the ordinary person in the street might fairly be able to claim that they didn't understand the tax laws, and had made an honest mistake. Although that's not a legal defence and they could still serve time for it.

But get this. While Zahawi has been in a "dispute" with the Revenue, he was the f**king Chancellor of the Exchequer! He was in charge of the laws that govern tax.

Get them put. The lot of them. Biggest bunch of spivs and crooks that have ever ascended the greasy pole.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2023, 02:09:31 pm by mugnapper »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nadhim-zahawi-tax-hmrc-investigation-b2262565.html
I had to Google what he'd been up to.
Oddly, the only newspapers that seem to have deemed this newsworthy are the Guardian and Independent.
Must have slipped past the rest of them.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2023, 03:04:15 pm by ravenrover »
All quiet on the Beeb front on this one along with the Braverman "holocaust" incident mmmmm!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2023, 04:24:28 pm by Donnywolf »

I suggest FPTP is to blame . Johnson got 80 seat majority with 43 % of those that bothered to vote

With PR he would have had 280 seats roughly out of 650 so have 370 potential voters against what he was doing.

He wouldn't have got away with the escapades ( I will call them that ) and Patel , Jenrick   Raab and Zahawi may have still done what they have but Johnson and Truss and latterly Sunak would not have been able to defend them by having investigations and then saying " they have said sorry so we are moving on" and or "they have said sorry and paid back what they mistakenly withheld from the Taxman so that's time to move on ". And the sad thing is we can do f*** all about it

This is why I rarely post now on off topic or Twitter. I'm whistling into a huge void of apathy. 33 % of people won't vote in next Election and probably 75 % of Electorate have been deprived of such news by a supposedly anti Tory BBC as well as Sky News not mentioning it to my knowledge
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 04:34:31 pm by Donnywolf »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2023, 04:32:31 pm by Donnywolf »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nadhim-zahawi-tax-hmrc-investigation-b2262565.html
Oddly, the only newspapers that seem to have deemed this newsworthy are the Guardian and Independent.

It also missed the Papers and TV news when he was caught and confessed to Heating his Horse Stables and claiming on his expenses for it

He said sorry and made the excuse he had mixed up the 2 separate meters presumably (who knows) by putting all the wires into the House meter which he COULD claim on expenses

The cheeky B*****d gets in nearly every Interview " I arrived in UK without a word of English and look at me now" Presumably his Maths was already massively advanced for his age

Skanky  Manky B*****d and nothing can be done

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2023, 05:04:38 pm by tommy toes »
I've always said that Zahawi was the sleazeist of the lot of em.
The bloke is beneath contempt.
A total f***ing disgrace. I get angry just thinking about the horrible sh**house.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2023, 05:10:54 pm by drfchound »
Zahawi's spokesman said there had been a "dispute" over whether Zahawi owed the tax and now he's paid up several million.

Translation: Zahawi tried evading tax. He got caught and has had to cough up.

Now, the ordinary person in the street might fairly be able to claim that they didn't understand the tax laws, and had made an honest mistake. Although that's not a legal defence and they could still serve time for it.

But get this. While Zahawi has been in a "dispute" with the Revenue, he was the f**king Chancellor of the Exchequer! He was in charge of the laws that govern tax.

Get them put. The lot of them. Biggest bunch of spivs and crooks that have ever ascended the greasy pole.

If he has done wrong he should face a punishment.
From the tone of your post bst, I’m thinking that you are suggesting they are all the same.  :)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2023, 08:08:42 pm by tommy toes »
Hound
Off the top of me head, here's a list of some recent cabinet members:

Zahawi
Gove
Hancock
Patel
Schapps
Braverman
Williamson
Truss
Jenrick
Raab
Kwarteng
Some of them are dishonest at best, some of them useless, some bullies and in Raab's case, a thick as pudding bully.
So yes they all need kicking out. The lot of em, including those that are shocking omissions on my part.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 16, 2023, 08:26:01 pm by drfchound »
Tommy, you won’t find an argument from me on that list matey.
I was just asking bst a question as he seems to suggest that the whole lot of MPs are the same, he might just mean the Tory ones I suppose.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2023, 09:25:11 pm by SydneyRover »
''Suella Braverman confronted by Holocaust survivor over 'invasion' rhetoric''

Published 1 day ago

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-64282961

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2023, 09:31:00 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes Tommytoes

Raab appears totally out of his depth - even when " the Sea was closed"

He could take Simon Cadells part as hapless Maplins Camp manager Jeffery Fairbrother if they bring back Hi de hi before or better still after he loses his Seat in next Election

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2023, 10:18:09 pm by mugnapper »
Yes Tommytoes

Raab appears totally out of his depth - even when " the Sea was closed"

He could take Simon Cadells part as hapless Maplins Camp manager Jeffery Fairbrother if they bring back Hi de hi before or better still after he loses his Seat in next Election
One for the kids there Wolfman!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 17, 2023, 06:38:50 am by Donnywolf »
Yes agreed .... Its also why Ive never compared Sunak to Vince van Gopher

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 17, 2023, 07:58:42 am by roverstillidie91 »
It's because the conservative supporting press i.e. the sun, daily mail, daily express, telegraph, times and are basically the oligarchs paper. My suggestion would be don't buy or read it especially the s*n

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 17, 2023, 08:04:36 am by roverstillidie91 »

It also missed the Papers and TV news when he was caught and confessed to Heating his Horse Stables and claiming on his expenses for it

He said sorry and made the excuse he had mixed up the 2 separate meters presumably (who knows) by putting all the wires into the House meter which he COULD claim on expenses

The cheeky B*****d gets in nearly every Interview " I arrived in UK without a word of English and look at me now" Presumably his Maths was already massively advanced for his age

Skanky  Manky B*****d and nothing can be done
what some people don't realise is the Main stream media and conservative party such as their influence over the latter on what they report. If you do enough research in understanding what the trade unions are saying, double down news, left foot forward etc the main political parties are pulling the wool over peoples eyes

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 20, 2023, 05:29:33 pm by ravenrover »
Suggestions now that on top of his 3.5m tax payment he has also had to pay a 1.5m penalty to HMRC. And this man was Chancellor at the time

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 20, 2023, 05:47:56 pm by drfchound »
If he does have a fine to pay then it is good that it will apply to an MP and he gets no favours.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 20, 2023, 05:57:04 pm by Filo »
If he does have a fine to pay then it is good that it will apply to an MP and he gets no favours.

Would that also apply to Sunak not wearing a seatbelt?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 20, 2023, 05:59:13 pm by drfchound »
Yes, it should.
Why would you ask that specific question of me?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 20, 2023, 06:13:18 pm by wilts rover »

If you or I had done what he had done then we would be looking at a jail sentence - Lester Piggott got 3 years. He declared the wrong amount of tax for years and was forced to pay it after an investigation - but he gets no favours!!! Get out of here...

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/tax/hmrc-policy/rip-lester-piggott-champion-jockey-and-tax-cheat

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 20, 2023, 06:19:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's not really about the law. It's about the morality. A t**t like this, fiddling his taxes while lecturing the rest of us on fiscal rectitude, and campaigning for limiting public sector wages because we can't afford it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 20, 2023, 06:49:29 pm by Filo »
Yes, it should.

Because it’s something you would ask if it were Labour

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 20, 2023, 06:55:54 pm by drfchound »
Yes, it should.

Because it’s something you would ask if it were Labour

So we are all the same then.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 20, 2023, 08:08:27 pm by wilts rover »
Since 2013 Zahawi has been threatening lawyers and journalists with court action if they reported on his tax affairs as he claimed he had done nothing wrong.

But he gets no favours...

https://twitter.com/DanNeidle/status/1616482094448013313

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 20, 2023, 08:21:34 pm by wilts rover »
Lester Piggott - £2.8m - three years in the nick.

Boris Becker - £2.5m - 2½ years in the nick.

Nadhim Zadhawi - £3.7m - forced to pay up, retains government office and personal freedom.

https://twitter.com/Britain_People/status/1616239838109261827

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 20, 2023, 08:28:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The whole backstory by the guy whose tweet you post Wilts is breathtaking.

https://twitter.com/DanNeidle/status/1616030741225246720?s=20&t=ct8pWkQ5L0KeSv8r7Ryoyw

Yet another rich Tory trying to frighten off investigations into their behaviour by use of legal threats.

What a f**king bunch. Proper Banana Republic stuff.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 20, 2023, 09:31:12 pm by SydneyRover »
And their donors, it's all about maintaining the status quo.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 20, 2023, 10:11:54 pm by tommy toes »
Zahawi, if he had an ounce of decency, would resign and disappear from public office.
But like Johnson et al before him, I bet he won't.
In which case Sunak should sack him, wouldn't bet on that though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012