Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:00:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Zahawi  (Read 5171 times)

mugnapper

• Forum Member
Re: Zahawi
« Reply #150 on January 30, 2023, 04:46:04 pm by mugnapper »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on January 30, 2023, 04:49:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Meanwhile, Sunak has just dug himself a trap. He said today ""As soon as I knew about the situation (Zahawi's tax), I appointed somebody independent, looked at it,"

But we know that isn't true. He was aware of it back in October when he appointed Zahawi to the Cabinet. Or if he wasn't aware, he is guilty of monumental incompetence because the papers were full of it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on January 30, 2023, 07:34:58 pm by Donnywolf »
You couldn't make this stuff up ( replying to 150)

As independent as I am when watching Rovers.

Undoubtedly they were going to just carry on regardless. Johnson gets his loan of 800,000 and rewards the bloke who brokered it top job at the BBC

The s**t hits the fan and they appoint a bloke who knows the broker now Head of BBC but fails to mention it

Ethics becomes the name of the game as Sunak promises Integrity etc so the "Independent" adjudicator suddenly remembers he has met the object of his enquiry "a couple of times"

Probably live together

You couldn't make this stuff up

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on January 30, 2023, 07:58:13 pm by drfchound »
Meanwhile, Sunak has just dug himself a trap. He said today ""As soon as I knew about the situation (Zahawi's tax), I appointed somebody independent, looked at it,"

But we know that isn't true. He was aware of it back in October when he appointed Zahawi to the Cabinet. Or if he wasn't aware, he is guilty of monumental incompetence because the papers were full of it.

BST, first you say “but we know that isn’t true, he was aware of it back in October.
That sounds like a statement of fact.
But then you cast a doubt by saying “or if he wasn’t aware” which sounds as though you are not sure of the fact that you quoted.
I’m not trying to pick an argument here but it does seem to be a contradictory post you made.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on January 30, 2023, 09:01:56 pm by ravenrover »
You couldn't make this stuff up ( replying to 150)

As independent as I am when watching Rovers.

Undoubtedly they were going to just carry on regardless. Johnson gets his loan of 800,000 and rewards the bloke who brokered it top job at the BBC

The s**t hits the fan and they appoint a bloke who knows the broker now Head of BBC but fails to mention it

Ethics becomes the name of the game as Sunak promises Integrity etc so the "Independent" adjudicator suddenly remembers he has met the object of his enquiry "a couple of times"

Probably live together

You couldn't make this stuff up

The bloke who knows him has stood down

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on January 31, 2023, 06:26:11 am by Donnywolf »
Cheers rr

Yes I meant to add that between "they probably live together " and " you couldn't make this stuff up" lol

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on February 02, 2023, 04:20:55 pm by ravenrover »
Sunak has made Tory donor Stephen Massey temp chairman of party after sacking Zahawi over tax dodging scandal. Massey works for a firm that helps rich avoid taxes & in 2007 was himself found by HMRC to have tried to avoid tax on £5m he got in bonuses.
You couldn’t make it up

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on February 03, 2023, 07:48:00 am by roverstillidie91 »
100 days into the reign of Britains first OLIGARCH PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfmJzU7iObE

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on February 05, 2023, 12:34:24 pm by Sprotyrover »
23 times more likely to be caught for benefit Fraud than Tax fraud, yet tax fraud costs us 9 times more in lost Revenue.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012