Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:16:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: \"LIsten pal....\"  (Read 3618 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
\"LIsten pal....\"
« on May 13, 2010, 10:26:13 pm by BobG »
Thought you might like to see a PM I received today:

\"Listen pal,
I'd like to know who the hell you think you are. You refer to me as intellectually challenged. I think you need to get a grip. I've had two PMs since last night both suggesting you are on some kind of personal vendetta.

Do yourself a favour and keep your thoughts and opinions regarding me to yourself.\"

There's no prizes for guessing who it came from. But it does suggest, doesn't it both an inability to deal with debate and an over ready willingess to abuse folk.

So, Mr Frost. As I have suggested many times, if you would care to put a reasoned argument forwards, I will give it the respect it deserves. But whilst you continue to snipe, abuse and contribute nothing except selfishness and opinion, I will continue to comment as I see fit. If you take that as a vendetta, then that reflects nore on your state of mind than anything else.

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:\"LIsten pal....\"
« Reply #1 on May 13, 2010, 10:31:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You think that's bad I was randomly banned yesterday.  Only got re-instated after a PM from a mate to the admins.  Funny thing is nobody knows why including them.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Re:
« Reply #2 on May 14, 2010, 06:25:07 am by jucyberry »
BobG wrote:

\"Listen pal,
I'd like to know who the hell you think you are. You refer to me as intellectually challenged. I think you need to get a grip. I've had two PMs since last night both suggesting you are on some kind of personal vendetta.

Do yourself a favour and keep your thoughts and opinions regarding me to yourself.\"

There's no prizes for guessing who it came from. But it does suggest, doesn't it both an inability to deal with debate and an over ready willingess to abuse folk.

So, Mr Frost. As I have suggested many times, if you would care to put a reasoned argument forwards, I will give it the respect it deserves. But whilst you continue to snipe, abuse and contribute nothing except selfishness and opinion, I will continue to comment as I see fit. If you take that as a vendetta, then that reflects nore on your state of mind than anything else.

Cheers

BobG

Ah bless him, thats lovely, a whole two p.m.s,......... wonder if one was from the friend who sits beside him...  ;)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #3 on May 14, 2010, 07:19:10 am by Thinwhiteduke »
BobG wrote:

\"Listen pal,

Cheers

BobG

More interestingly, why do you feel the need to bring a PRIVATE message into an open forum? Could you have not kept your petty squabbling between yourself and Mr Frost - as it appears he was trying to do? Or do you indeed, as it appears, have a vendetta against him?

The key part is in bold - and I couldnt agree more.

NorthNorfolkRover

Re:
« Reply #4 on May 14, 2010, 08:38:43 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
Couldn't we have a \"bear Pit\" section on the forum where people can discuss and expect to get slagged off on meaty topics like the general election etc but then a zero tolerance on the other sections ? That way we could all get a good argument without Rovers fans slagging other Rovers off who get upset by it ?

BLIR

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #5 on May 14, 2010, 09:11:27 am by BLIR »
NorthNorfolkRover wrote:
Couldn't we have a \"bear Pit\" section on the forum where people can discuss and expect to get slagged off on meaty topics like the general election etc but then a zero tolerance on the other sections ? That way we could all get a good argument without Rovers fans slagging other Rovers off who get upset by it ?

Or even better - arrange for a cage to be built (possibly at the stadium on match days?) and sort squabbles out man to man.

A video could be taken and posted on here/youtube for exiles and those that can't make it to the game, so that nobody has to miss out.

Would sort out the men from the \"keyboard warriors\".

Right, I'll start. That Carling is a right Kitson!

Anyone know a half decent cage builder?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #6 on May 14, 2010, 10:00:42 am by MrFrost »
So Bob, reffering to me as a tosser and intellectually challanged in the Gordon Brown thread is putting together a reasoned debate?
For a guy who obviously is a walking dictionary, I thought you'd be able to do better than that.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
Re:
« Reply #7 on May 14, 2010, 04:32:33 pm by Sandy Lane »
Just a thought, but I don't think there is a 'personal vendetta' against anyone on here. If you read this forum fairly regularly, you'll see reasoned debates amongst the posters, utilizing knowledge and facts. As everyone knows when you state opinions on substantive matters without facts to back them up, they mean nothing. Knowledge and facts were requested, and none were forthcoming.  I believe that if people want to provide stats on the history of Tory job creation, services and assistance to the public/private sector, unemployment figures of con v labour governments, etc.,that that may be helpful.  Or would it just back up Bob's argument??   :)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #8 on May 14, 2010, 05:04:39 pm by MrFrost »
My point was Sandy that I was voting for a party that a felt would serve me and those close toe. I have seen family members and friends suffer under the Labour goverenment. I believe after Reading the Tory policies they would serve me and my family/friends better. That is my democratic right to vote as I see fit. If that makes me a tosser or intellectually challenged then so be it.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
Re:
« Reply #9 on May 14, 2010, 07:00:46 pm by Sandy Lane »
It's difficult, Mr. Frost, to be different from the crowd so be prepared to defend your case, that's all.  I should know as I'm a yank in a Yorkshire wilderness, and I've learned to ignore some and learn from others, and I've learned a lot from Bob and y'all. :-)

scarbrook

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2010, 10:04:17 am by scarbrook »
Thing is Frosty your classed as  a Kitson if you have an opinion,this aint a free country you know ;) ,Anyway i agree with twd  :blink: should be kept private .

redwine

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #11 on May 16, 2010, 12:16:51 am by redwine »
scarbrook wrote:
Thing is Frosty your classed as  a cnut if you have an opinion,this aint a free country you know ;) ,Anyway i agree with twd  :blink: should be kept private .

I disagree

If it can't be said in public, then don't say it at all. In my opinion it's the mark of a coward.

If I got a PM like that then I'd have no qualms about posting it.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #12 on May 16, 2010, 09:02:44 am by Barmby Rover »
PM are what they say, private. However if they are put in such a way as to be telling me that I can't express an opinion then I would object in the same way as Bob has done.\"Do yourself a favour and keep your thoughts and opinions regarding me to yourself\" If Mr. Frost doesn't like the fact that he is challenged for supporting racist parties like the BNP(read one of his replies to me in the GB resigns thread) then it is maybe himself that should be keeping quiet. The main problem that Bob had with him was that he was incapable of answering a challenge about economic policy, maybe he doesn't understand these?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #13 on May 16, 2010, 09:24:19 am by MrFrost »
And if I did choose to vote BNP which I didn't anyway, what concern of yours would it be. Bob didn't like what I had to say so resorted to name calling. Always the sign of someone losing an argument. If he has a problem with me being a tosser or intellectually challenged, maybe he should have the balls to actually confront me with that rather than trying to mock through an Internet forum.

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #14 on May 16, 2010, 09:27:42 am by Nudga »
Also, this forum loves a scape goat and it also loves it's cliques. Not everyone is blessed with the intelligence or learning capabilities of the likes of BobG, BST and Barmby. I dont see the need to keep baiting certain individuals, it's like being back in the youth club. Fair enough, have a heated discussion but if you fail to agree, leave it and move on.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #15 on May 16, 2010, 09:31:46 am by Barmby Rover »
MrFrost wrote:
And if I did choose to vote BNP which I didn't anyway, what concern of yours would it be. Bob didn't like what I had to say so resorted to name calling. Always the sign of someone losing an argument. If he has a problem with me being a tosser or intellectually challenged, maybe he should have the balls to actually confront me with that rather than trying to mock through an Internet forum.

It was you who said that was the party of your choice , not me Mr.Frost, and I would always challenge support of racist organisations. Sorry if you find that offensive but it is part of the way that keeps such vile attitudes at the margins of our society.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:
« Reply #16 on May 16, 2010, 09:52:59 am by MrFrost »
I suggest you re-read my post. I said id rather vote BNP than a party that favours the work shy and assylum seekers over true hard working decent folk.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:
« Reply #17 on May 17, 2010, 02:53:34 pm by RobTheRover »
So, you didnt vote Green Party either?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012