Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:06:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan-Rage  (Read 6002 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Fan-Rage
« Reply #30 on January 17, 2020, 04:15:00 pm by IDM »
But it's there options not yours that's all they will and do say, it needs the club to come out and make a big statement and tell everyone how it is and the truth or our fan base will drop and we don't want that any of us, and we can't sit on here saying let them go to another club because the club will go down and down with out the fans, as they and we are the club

f**k me, I thought what motivates fans to keep coming to the games is what happens on the pitch, not their perceptions of what happens off it.!!

The statements we need to see are the performances on the park.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 17, 2020, 04:20:23 pm by sha66y »
But it's there options not yours that's all they will and do say, it needs the club to come out and make a big statement and tell everyone how it is and the truth or our fan base will drop and we don't want that any of us, and we can't sit on here saying let them go to another club because the club will go down and down with out the fans, as they and we are the club

I’m not sure the fans base would dwindle because certain fans aren’t being informed of how the club is being run,
I mean, what would they do for the rest of there lives ??

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 17, 2020, 05:01:13 pm by drfchound »

f**k me, I thought what motivates fans to keep coming to the games is what happens on the pitch, not their perceptions of what happens off it.!!

IDM, as you suggest, IT IS what happens on the pitch that brings (or drives away) the supporters.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 17, 2020, 05:03:27 pm by IDM »
Thought so, but not what vicar says..  apparently it’s what the club says.!!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 17, 2020, 05:15:11 pm by the vicar »

tell them that not me

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 17, 2020, 05:16:10 pm by the vicar »

I’m not sure the fans base would dwindle because certain fans aren’t being informed of how the club is being run,
I mean, what would they do for the rest of there lives ??
I didn't say that ether did i

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 17, 2020, 05:16:41 pm by no eyed deer »
This is about the only sane thread on here in the last few weeks - probably including those that I have started as well.

The amount of man / child hours that have been devoted on here to fretting, worrying and a range of crank conspiracy theories is just startling.

We are doing very well this season. Celebrate!

This is the most bulls#it for me, for anyone to think we can blood more than one of the youngsters in this side is crazy.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 17, 2020, 05:17:29 pm by IDM »

tell them that not me

Eh.? They’re folks you talk to..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 17, 2020, 05:18:30 pm by the vicar »
Thought so, but not what vicar says..  apparently it’s what the club says.!!
it's not what I say its what people say to me, people are getting things so wrong about what I put. Where have I said it's my thoughts and words

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 17, 2020, 05:19:53 pm by the vicar »

tell them that not me

Eh.? They’re folks you talk to..
it is most people on the south end well the part I go

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 17, 2020, 05:20:09 pm by IDM »
You posted it..

It doesn’t matter, my point still remains that we do our talking on the pitch..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 17, 2020, 05:33:10 pm by the vicar »
You posted it..

you just don't listen or take note do you

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 17, 2020, 05:35:32 pm by foxbat »
looks like there is a lot of it about

Calum Campbell @Camclaret1Calum

I’m surprised at the lack of anger expressed about the ambition shown by Burnley in the transfer window. We are sleepwalking into a potential relegation. Brownhill and Bowen is not an impressive search list. If this is all we can do, the board deserve failure and to lose Dyche

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 17, 2020, 05:38:05 pm by IDM »
You posted it..

you just don't listen or take note do you

I’ve made my point, it’s all about the football..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 17, 2020, 05:55:09 pm by the vicar »
To you and me but they are not me or you

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 17, 2020, 05:55:23 pm by scawsby steve »
If we don’t push on this season do people really think we will next season , keeper gone , Anderson gone , whiteman gone that’s the worry for me is that we are missing a big opportunity this year that may not come back round for a long time

Anton, that's the best post on this thread for me. I've never bought into this "we'll have a better chance to do it next year" business. Why will we? Is someone going to wave a magic wand? All that happens is you lose your best players to other clubs, as happened last season, then you're back to square one.

Also, if you lose touch with the top 6, attendances dwindle as well, which affects revenue.

We need to go balls out for it this season.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 17, 2020, 07:53:56 pm by sha66y »
If we don’t push on this season do people really think we will next season , keeper gone , Anderson gone , whiteman gone that’s the worry for me is that we are missing a big opportunity this year that may not come back round for a long time

Anton, that's the best post on this thread for me. I've never bought into this "we'll have a better chance to do it next year" business. Why will we? Is someone going to wave a magic wand? All that happens is you lose your best players to other clubs, as happened last season, then you're back to square one.

Also, if you lose touch with the top 6, attendances dwindle as well, which affects revenue.

It sounds good...” going balls out!” .but what does it actually mean in real terms?
We have noises coming from the club that we are “ Building” for the future , no boom n bust here...
I guess that means slowly building a squad of youngish players, using the U23s as a development feeder team, utilising loans to fill the injury gaps until we have around 16-20 first team pros. (Plus loans)

Now, this may take a couple of years to actually work, because this team is no way ready for the step up , irrespective of how many players we add...
we are rehearsing for the big push....and ironing out the rough edges

and I for one look forward to the Rovers being a constant top end of the league team, with promotion to the Championship a realistic target ..

If the attendances do drop because we don’t make the top 6 this season surely that says more about the type of supporters we currently have rather  than the club itself......

You read the papers , listen to the rumours....football clubs are starting to go to the wall.....if we get this next 2 years right...we can and should be a decent Championship team soon...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 17, 2020, 07:59:17 pm by drfchound »

It sounds good...” going balls out!” .but what does it actually mean in real terms?
We have noises coming from the club that we are “ Building” for the future , no boom n bust here...
I guess that means slowly building a squad of youngish players, using the U23s as a development feeder team, utilising loans to fill the injury gaps until we have around 16-20 first team pros. (Plus loans)

Now, this may take a couple of years to actually work, because this team is no way ready for the step up , irrespective of how many players we add...

and I for one look forward to the Rovers being a constant top end of the league team, with promotion to the Championship a realistic target ..

If the attendances do drop because we don’t make the top 6 this season surely that says more about the type of supporters we currently have rather  than the club itself......

You read the papers , listen to the rumours....football clubs are starting to go to the wall.....if we get this next 2 years right...we can and should be a decent Championship team soon...

Oh that it was that easy, let’s not go up this year, or maybe next but we can definitely go up the year after that because our young players will have come  through the ranks and we will still have the best of the players we have now.
If Carling could plan the future of Doncaster a Rovers...........

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 17, 2020, 09:29:54 pm by scawsby steve »

The only noises I've heard coming from the club is that this season's target is a top 6 finish.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 18, 2020, 12:19:43 am by sha66y »

The only noises I've heard coming from the club is that this season's target is a top 6 finish.
And that old chum is exactly where we are heading,  based on current form....

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 18, 2020, 07:31:02 am by Al4475 »
'Balls out for it this season' doesn't mean buy crap players who aren't needed/wanted by the manager to please fans on a forum tho.

At least that's my take on it.

'Balls out for it this season' means signing and using the right players at the right time for the right contract - be that permanent/loan/freebie or promoted internally - to up the performance/attainment of the club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 18, 2020, 07:37:06 am by dickos1 »
No club buys players they don’t want though, Moore has a list of players that he DOES want. The problems are arising when it comes to getting these players to sign for the club

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 18, 2020, 07:43:14 am by Rovers91 »
We have a really good opportunity to push on this season if we get the players in. We seem to be struggling to get them in during this window and the summer and I can only imagine next summer will be harder. Looking at the championship which ever 3 clubs come down will be right up there next year, I think next season could be a hard league. Weve got a cracking opportunity this year if we have a big 2 weeks.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 18, 2020, 11:38:04 am by Campsall rover »

That will still be the target. Of course it will.

If we don’t make it it is not a disaster.
If we do and don’t go up then that’s not a disaster either.

If we do go up then DM will have a very busy summer indeed if we have ambitions of staying up.

So while i would be over the moon with promotion this season, realistically i do think in another year, we will be much stronger and in a better place regarding sustaining Championship football.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:43:55 am by Campsall rover »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 18, 2020, 12:30:20 pm by sha66y »
My opinion of course.....

But

Darren seems to be playing the long game, getting players in that he feels will be good Championship players once he has moulded them....
I don’t think he wants players that can get him over this line .....I think he wants a team that next season will be ready to compete at a higher level

Patience is the key word....

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 19, 2020, 02:24:34 pm by johnny rovers »
My opinion of course.....

But

Darren seems to be playing the long game, getting players in that he feels will be good Championship players once he has moulded them....
I don’t think he wants players that can get him over this line .....I think he wants a team that next season will be ready to compete at a higher level

Patience is the key word....

But we need more than 8 of them, that's how many are currently contracted to next season

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 19, 2020, 05:20:19 pm by dickos1 »
Don’t waste your time.
I said this a few weeks ago and people come back at you with youth team and under 23 players as an argument that we have more contracted players

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 19, 2020, 06:06:06 pm by phil old leake »
Hoping I’m wrong but if we get anywhere near the top 6 with this budget etc I’d be expecting the vultures to be hovering to recruit DM if he achieves anything like playoffs he’s done a marvellous job

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 19, 2020, 10:33:03 pm by RobTheRover »
They say we can't get players in or we don't want to, he club are playing at it, club doncaster is costing rovers too much funds the directors don't want to pay out these are all the things I'm hearing from them

You been on the Facebook group, Dave?  It's absolutely jaw dropping how the majority on there are whipping each other up into a frenzy. It's like the world is going to end.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012