Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:14:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalty  (Read 5294 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Penalty
« on May 03, 2014, 09:44:53 pm by GazLaz »
Is this outside the box?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Penalty
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2014, 09:46:07 pm by mushRTID »
I suppose it is looking at that. But when I saw it earlier on sky it didn't even cross my mind.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2014, 09:46:45 pm by BigColSutherland »
Does it really matter?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2014, 09:48:03 pm by pib »
Does it really matter?

You never know. If we keep harping on about refereeing decisions enough on this forum, the Football League might step in and let us play the game again, or give us some compensatory points to keep us up.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2014, 09:48:36 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Does it really matter?

Did you have a nice day today?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2014, 09:51:43 pm by southwestexile »
Does it really matter?

You never know. If we keep harping on about refereeing decisions enough on this forum, the Football League might step in and let us play the game again, or give us some compensatory points to keep us up.

Ha ha ha

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 03, 2014, 09:53:05 pm by GazLaz »
The fact he didn't touch him was was the other mistake.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 03, 2014, 09:53:13 pm by BigColSutherland »
I would use that photo as a classic example of what not to do when defending.

The phrase "stay on your feet" is clearly one that's passed Mr Husband by.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 03, 2014, 09:53:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Does it really matter?

Of course it does. Dickov should have taken into account the propensity of refs to make shocking calls against us. If he had thought about it, he'd have realised he was picking a liability who would commit a non-foul outside the penalty area, leading to a penalty.

Bloody shite Dickov.

Beerseller

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 03, 2014, 09:54:51 pm by Beerseller »
I've mentioned this on another thread, I'm sure the "contact" was with his trailing leg which was his left leg in this incident so this image is a few frames before what I would say was the foul given by the ref and so it would have been inside the box.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 03, 2014, 10:01:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
So he didn't make contact with him outside the box... Doubly not a pen then.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 03, 2014, 10:03:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Does it really matter?

Tbh yes it does these mistakes are happening over all leagues and costing clubs millions.in this case by the decision to give a penalty has ended up relegating us. The rest of tbe season is irrelevent everything relied on this game tbe ref screwed up we lose and are relegated it needs sorting there are just too many basic mistakes by officials.
Sorry for any typos big fingers little phone :)

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 03, 2014, 10:05:59 pm by Akinfenwa »
Tbh yes it does these mistakes are happening over all leagues and costing clubs millions.in this case by the decision to give a penalty has ended up relegating us. The rest of tbe season is irrelevent everything relied on this game tbe ref screwed up we lose and are relegated it needs sorting there are just too many basic mistakes by officials.

The trick is to not be shit enough as to let your season hinge on a small number of outside influences such as the actions of referees.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2014, 10:10:29 pm by BigColSutherland »

Does it really matter?

Was it a mistake? Dickov said himself "Hubby clipped him".
Was it outside the box? That image isn't conclusive either way.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 03, 2014, 10:23:01 pm by GazLaz »
My guess is that he wanted to bring him down outside the box. Professional foul gone wrong.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 03, 2014, 10:41:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Does it really matter?

Was it a mistake? Dickov said himself "Hubby clipped him".
Was it outside the box? That image isn't conclusive either way.

The ball is in the box the players are outside no penalty!  whether we should have been safe or not is irrelevant, it all fell to this game these are the sort of decisions that must be got right and they are not, its all too open to accusations of bias etc

not just us, all over football  basic decisions are being got wrong and they shouldn't be
Years ago there wasn't as much spotlight so they could be got "away with" nowadays sorry but these must be got right and there is no real excuse  for them not to be.

Its costing clubs/owners millions because of one man in black who happened to get one decision in a game wrong with no comeback,
Its not just us its every league in every country it needs sorting and theres no excuse

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 04, 2014, 01:44:57 am by swintonrover »
Swings and roundabouts, the officials missed the most blatant handball since Maradona from Neill in the six yard box early on.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 04, 2014, 01:49:07 am by albie »
In fairness to the ref, when I saw it in real time I thought pen. It was only looking at replays made me doubt.

Which is why there needs to be a video ref to help with dubious calls. Millions of pounds resting on the decision and the poor ref gets no help, it is just ludicrous in this day and age.

However, pen or no pen, the reason we are down is that all season we have lacked someone to help Brown out up top. We don't look like we can buy a goal, and have no options to vary it up front. Toothless, even when Brown plays well, and he did OK today, but with zero support from midfield and with our wide players too far away from him.

It has been like that every game i've seen, and PD still has not sorted it. Whose fault then?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 04, 2014, 02:26:33 am by PDX_Rover »
True it's over a long season, but us staying up hinged on that decision. That's how fine the margins are in life. I broke my back back in 2003 - had a wave runner accident. One of vertebrae was crushed and missed slicing my spinal cord by 2mm. Not relevant to today but I'd have never kicked a ball again... The point is, sometimes you need that bit of luck. Ref gave a penno for a non foul outside the box and that has cost us.

Anyway, I'm over it. My back is ok and we live to fight the good fight in League One.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 04, 2014, 06:12:36 am by Donnywolf »

The trick is to not be shit enough as to let your season hinge on a small number of outside influences such as the actions of referees.

100% agree

Best Post of the post-match discussions by far for me !

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 04, 2014, 06:20:20 am by mjg »
yes outside the box and he didnt touch him , but hey ho onwards and upwards

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 04, 2014, 07:39:01 am by Wellred »
To put another side to this argument. Had the referee given the blatant handball by Neil in the first half maybe we would have gone for it much earlier instead of sitting back hoping to keep them out for 90 minutes.
We played a dangerous game and it backfired.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 04, 2014, 08:40:54 am by PDX_Rover »
Don't think we played a dangerous game at all. Lads played well. We were away at the champions. First half we played well. Leicester came strong second half but didn't score from open play. They were gifted a goal.

End of the day, we went down on goal difference. Hardly a plan that went wrong. And what odds on Bolton letting a two goal lead slip that late in the game?

Football eh? Bugger.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #23 on May 04, 2014, 08:55:01 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
In real time looked a penalty and that's what the officials have to judge on. IF the player dived it was a very convincing but PD said he clipped him. Let's not hold this incident responsible. We're down but not out. Sadly one of our family lost supporting the cause. RIP.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 04, 2014, 08:56:51 am by The Red Baron »
From where I was (admittedly a long way away) it looked a clear penalty and my ire was directed at Husband for diving in rather than at the referee for giving it. To me, the contact is minimal and it is on the line (which is "inside" for the purposes of a penalty). The Leicester player exaggerates the contact and on another day could have been booked for simulation.

The problem stemmed from Husband being badly out of position and giving his opponent too much time to run at him, and he then exacerbated the problem by diving in. Similar in a way to the needless one he gave away at Yeovil.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 04, 2014, 10:55:14 am by phil old leake »
From where I was sat it was a defo penalty.  Doesn't matter whether it was or not. If we thought it was  why wouldn't the ref
Next season Husband will be better and will have learnt a lot today
Let's give him a chance

DRFCCOYR

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 04, 2014, 12:30:40 pm by DRFCCOYR »

From where I was stood, looked like a penalty. Never a pen on the replay though, it's a blatant dive.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 04, 2014, 12:37:15 pm by Dare to dream! »
From that video it doesn't look like he touched him but Husband didn't protest which makes me think he did touch him

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 04, 2014, 12:44:08 pm by Filo »
It does n't matter now, but it's a dive and the contact is outside the box, the refs have been consistent with us all season. If thats a penalty we should have got three for that challenge on Wellens at Loftus Road!

On this occasion though and to be fair to the ref he only has the real time view of it to go on, maybe we'll benefit next season from the big club syndrome the refs seem to have have, we're certainly owed some!

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 04, 2014, 12:57:30 pm by Curious Orange »
Does it really matter?

I look forward to you hosting Praise Or Grumble next season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012