Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:11:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalties  (Read 1476 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Penalties
« on November 12, 2017, 12:42:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Didn't spot the grab on Baudry so I can't comment on that.

The two involving Marquis.

1)First half. No question the defender went through the back of his leg. And you regularly see those given. But I think, on a hairline decision the ref got it right. Marquis pushed his left leg out in a very odd direction just before the contact. He wasn't protecting the ball he looked like he was trying to draw the contact. Can't complain that the ref didn't give it.

2) Second half. f**k me! If I was from Ulster I'd be a tad pissed off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Penalties
« Reply #1 on November 12, 2017, 07:35:41 am by 1879Rovers »
I thought Marquis knew what he was doing for the first but there was definitely a tangle of legs so should have been given.

The second one, any goalkeeper would have been proud of that save but the referee had about four players blocking his view and the linesman couldn't give it.

The third, he has been wrestled to the ground but how often do you see those given.

All three could and probably should have been penalties.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 12, 2017, 09:19:07 pm by drfchound »
Didn't spot the grab on Baudry so I can't comment on that.

The two involving Marquis.

1)First half. No question the defender went through the back of his leg. And you regularly see those given. But I think, on a hairline decision the ref got it right. Marquis pushed his left leg out in a very odd direction just before the contact. He wasn't protecting the ball he looked like he was trying to draw the contact. Can't complain that the ref didn't give it.

2) Second half. f**k me! If I was from Ulster I'd be a tad pissed off.

You just beat me to it with the Ulster comment Billy.

Regarding the foul on Marquis, it wasn’t too dissimilar from the one that was given at Ebbsfleet was it.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 12, 2017, 09:35:37 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Strictly speaking from two thirds of Ulster. There are 9 counties in the cross international border province of Ulster, only 6 of which are in Northern Ireland

A Pedant.  :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012