Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:49:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalties  (Read 5367 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Penalties
« on January 27, 2018, 05:24:31 pm by Alickismyhero »
According to Willo, doing the commentary, we should have had 2 of the 3 shouts for penalties today.

What are the views of the supporters who went today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Penalties
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2018, 05:27:09 pm by GazLaz »
One shout, bit of a push on Blair. Would have been a bit soft I think.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2018, 05:28:48 pm by Alickismyhero »
Willo made the comment that Fergie might get his gun out after the game.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 27, 2018, 05:43:25 pm by i_ateallthepies »
None of them looked good shouts to me.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 27, 2018, 05:53:43 pm by Alickismyhero »
From the lack of replies Willo has got it wrong. One of the shouts was for a hand ball but none of our supporters even mention it. Lets see what Fergie says.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 27, 2018, 05:58:03 pm by Jonathan »
Rowe dived, Mandeville was just crowded out. Blair was pushed but it was innocuous at best. Their player did handle the ball, but it was a bit unfortunate. Certainly haven’t come away thinking we were the victims of a big injustice. Just some wretched luck with central defensive injuries. I think we’d have won that game with a central defence.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 27, 2018, 05:58:46 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I don’t think any were pens

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 27, 2018, 06:04:28 pm by roversdude »
What about first half on marquis

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 27, 2018, 06:06:06 pm by Milepostuk »
Someone had their feet taken and the push was more than just a push. Both good shouts. In the premier league you would get them every time. Do we play to different rules?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 27, 2018, 06:06:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Same here. No pens for me. Mandeville tried to buy one. The push was more of a manoeuvring away from the ball. Rob Jones used to do it all the time.

As said, once Wright went off (fractured ribs!) it was a case of hoping we'd score more than them. With the chances created and missed, that could easily have happened.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 27, 2018, 06:08:25 pm by Cantley Rover »
Someone had their feet taken and the push was more than just a push. Both good shouts. In the premier league you would get them every time. Do we play to different rules?

Yes, surely you must have noticed?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 27, 2018, 06:10:01 pm by Campsall rover »
Rowe dived, Mandeville was just crowded out. Blair was pushed but it was innocuous at best. Their player did handle the ball, but it was a bit unfortunate. Certainly haven’t come away thinking we were the victims of a big injustice. Just some wretched luck with central defensive injuries. I think we’d have won that game with a central defence.
Agree entirely, non of the penalty shouts looked penalties to me and with 2 proper centre backs would almost certainly have kept a clean sheet. All 3 goals were from poor defending to say the least.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 27, 2018, 06:12:21 pm by Alickismyhero »
Looks like Willo was looking at the game through rose tinted glasses. A bit disappointing really I enjoyed his informed comments. We need two CB's with height at the back. It sounded to me we were bullied again and Fergie has got to get it sorted ASAP.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 27, 2018, 06:16:16 pm by Scooter »
I thought the mandeville shout was a penalty but not the others

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2018, 06:19:22 pm by RoversAlias »
Some of them I can see why people think they were pens, Mandeville especially but not for me. Ref was crap but clutching at straws with these shouts today.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2018, 06:27:17 pm by RobTheRover »
Mandeville one was a clear pen. It was right in front of me. Their players never touched the ball and he was barged from behind. Couldn't understand it not being given.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2018, 06:29:22 pm by selby »
  In the laws of the game it says holding,pushing and tripping and kicking at are direct free kicks, therefore in the box a penalty.If anyone can show me where it says  little pushes, not holding for very long, or light kicks, and just a little trip are not a direct free kick , i will agree with every one who thinks we should not have had at least two penalties.
  Until then I disagree with you, and pushing and holding a player for 5 yards is a definite penalty, as is the trip and kick on Mandeville in my book.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 27, 2018, 06:40:31 pm by Alickismyhero »
Selby,
I find it very strange the majority don't seem to support the penalty shouts were they not at the South stand end?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 27, 2018, 06:57:43 pm by roversdude »
Well from half way line in West Stand we were incensed that they weren’t given and that their number 9 wasn’t booked as early as when Wright got injured

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 27, 2018, 06:59:00 pm by selby »
  Alick I was in the West stand under  the camera, and I think they are talking tripe.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 27, 2018, 07:04:55 pm by selby »
  The worst tackle of the game resulted in Wright getting injured, if the referee did not think that the Bristol Rovers player did  not play the ball ( he gave a corner ) then why is it not a tackle from behind, and could have been a sending off.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 27, 2018, 07:05:09 pm by the vicar »
The black guy for them was he the winger I think was a dirty sod all the game he was fouling all the time
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:08:08 pm by the vicar »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 27, 2018, 07:06:13 pm by GazLaz »
Just seen the Marquis miss/foul in the first half. It was either a penalty or Marquis wasn’t sacking.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 27, 2018, 07:15:20 pm by mrfrostsdad »
None of them penalties for me (west stand) and the first goal wasn't bad defending but awful goalkeeping. It was Lawlors ball all day long but he didn't give a call or come with any conviction for it.
The miss by Marquis in the first half was laughable
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:18:06 pm by mrfrostsdad »

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 27, 2018, 07:26:30 pm by Rovers91 »
We are getting a reputation for going down easy in the box and looking for penalties.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 27, 2018, 07:58:42 pm by selby »
  Not the referees pulling together then, Rovers 91 and defending their reputation.
  It smacks of one sided refereeing to me, and referees telling the assistants to leave the penalty areas to them.
  In all the penalty shouts we have had over the last few weeks ( and quite a few were nailed on ) not one assistant has tried to take part in the game. it is disgusting when you consider how  much money, and peoples jobs are at stake.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 27, 2018, 08:00:55 pm by StocktonRover »
I thought that they were all penalties at the time and unless I see something to convince me otherwise on the highlights I stand by that.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 27, 2018, 08:20:38 pm by Donnywolf »
I thought that they were all penalties at the time and unless I see something to convince me otherwise on the highlights I stand by that.

I made it 5 clear shouts for Penalties - by that I mean 2/3 rds of the Fans "going up". I am also in the West and I thought 2 maybe not 2 almost certain and 1 undecided

In the first half the "Ref" gave them a foul when one of our defenders eased one of them off the ball from a Corner - ok fair do's but when Blair was taken out in mid air it just had to be a Penalty.

I fear DF has shot us in the foot (no pun intended) because they now have a downer on us OR they are afraid to give us owt in case the Oppo Manager thinks they are favouring us to compensate for the past injustices !

Shoot em all

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 27, 2018, 08:41:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I made it 5 clear shouts for Penalties - by that I mean 2/3 rds of the Fans "going up". I am also in the West and I thought 2 maybe not 2 almost certain and 1 undecided

In the first half the "Ref" gave them a foul when one of our defenders eased one of them off the ball from a Corner - ok fair do's but when Blair was taken out in mid air it just had to be a Penalty.

I fear DF has shot us in the foot (no pun intended) because they now have a downer on us OR they are afraid to give us owt in case the Oppo Manager thinks they are favouring us to compensate for the past injustices !

Shoot em all

being 'eased' off the ball for those two instances for me are not fouls but, he gave a foul for them in their first half so, like you say, should have given the second one. No consistency.

I didn't get a clear view of the Marquis incident in the first half but I was directly behind Mandeville's run and for me it looked as though he deliberately planted his left foot towards the defender to make it look like contact. I'd like to see them again.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 27, 2018, 08:49:55 pm by selby »
  Both the Marquis and Mandeville shouts were for taking out the standing foot, both were penalties after contact.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012