Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:01:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Penalties  (Read 5366 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Penalties
« Reply #30 on January 27, 2018, 08:53:44 pm by selby »
 Oh, and if easing off the ball is not shoulder to shoulder it is pushing, therefore a direct free kick, or if in the area a penalty. It does not in the laws of the game, say a little push, or a big push.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 27, 2018, 09:05:11 pm by RedJ »
It's weird in the penalty area. There seems to be a reluctance to punish fouls in the box that refs wouldn't think twice about doling out a free kick for elsewhere on the park. It really shouldn't be that way.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 27, 2018, 09:34:48 pm by The Red Baron »
I didn't have a good view of the Marquis one in the first half. However I thought the one on Mandeville was a definite penalty. I don't think the useless referee was ever going to give us one whatever happened.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 27, 2018, 09:36:22 pm by drfchound »
Just seen the Marquis one on the highlights and he clearly is fouled as he goes to get his shot away.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 27, 2018, 10:48:35 pm by Pancho Regan »
Mandeville was a definite penalty.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 27, 2018, 11:25:43 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I've not watched yet but if these incidents are has as been said I  hope Fergie takes this additional evidence to his Kangaroo court as well as the others to show the numpty's how poor things  are  at the end of the day these people are costing managers their jobs and clubs millions by utter incompetence or bias it needs sorting

It won't be overnight but Keith Hackett was saying the other night an ex footballer got his ref qualifications there was numerous reports  as to how good he was especially as he knew all the tricks the players were up to but the the FA insisted he started at the bottom in park football there was no system of fasttracking he had to do his time.

These idiots at the FA and refs association need sorting out its no longer a jobs for the boys club its a multi million pound industry even at league 1 and 2 level

Put all the tools at their disposal and sort VAR out like other sports as instantaneous as possible

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 27, 2018, 11:32:50 pm by tommy toes »
After reading this thread I've got just one question.
Who the f**k is Willo?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 27, 2018, 11:45:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Who the f**k is Willo?

You don't know who Willo is?!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 27, 2018, 11:47:19 pm by dickos1 »
None of them penalties for me (west stand) and the first goal wasn't bad defending but awful goalkeeping. It was Lawlors ball all day long but he didn't give a call or come with any conviction for it.
The miss by Marquis in the first half was laughable

He was clearly fouled

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 28, 2018, 09:11:44 am by Alickismyhero »
Who the f**k is Willo?

You don't know who Willo is?!

Willo is William's?  our injured striker.

He is sharing the commentary on Ifollow and he gives the insight of a current professional player, very interesting. He called for at least 2 penalties and criticised our players for not making more of the fouls by Bristol Rovers players particularly Harrison. Had our players highlighted the 7 fouls by Harrison in the first half, Harrison would have got his first yellow in the first half then he would have either changed his game or sent  off with a second yellow in the second half. Then he would not have scored the third goal in the second half. BRovers were getting in to the refs ear whenever our boys and particularly Marquis got stuck in and we should have been doing the same thing.
My conclusion is that we are too easily bullied and need to wise up when it comes to pressurising the officials because it worked for BRovers in this game.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 28, 2018, 09:24:39 am by Donnywolf »
I was seething that he got away with fouling & diving in the first half and was spoken to by the "Ref" once or twice as well and should have been on a Yellow much much f*****g earlier than he was

BUT as usual the Officials were very selective in what they saw. He impeded Lawlor twice in the same attempted clearance and the East Stand Lino SHOULD ffs Flag for that offence

After shamelessly clogging Alcock he then had handbags and again the Muppet Lino was looking right at it and did nowt

AND can anyone tell me why they were so pedantic on where we took Free Kicks from because in tht case Alcock was laid in their half in the Centre Circle for a few minutes and yet when we eventually took the kick they forced us back and back into our half

Unbelievable Jeff
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 09:36:39 am by Donnywolf »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 28, 2018, 09:42:05 am by Donnywolf »
None of them penalties for me (west stand) and the first goal wasn't bad defending but awful goalkeeping. It was Lawlors ball all day long but he didn't give a call or come with any conviction for it.
The miss by Marquis in the first half was laughable

He was clearly fouled

Looked like he was claiming Hand Ball ? His first touch made it a very easy looking chance and I was sure it was going in but as you say he must have been fouled to miss how he did

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 28, 2018, 06:05:29 pm by Dagenham Rover »
According to the Sun on Sunday we were denied 4 penalties yesterday and they even put the four in bold type

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 28, 2018, 07:35:11 pm by Jimmydee »
Dagenham Rover, , I wouldn’t believe the date printed on that paper.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 28, 2018, 07:45:10 pm by Dagenham Rover »

:) I wont dispute that I wass down the hospital and picked it up to read the report found it interesting that they were also trying to highlight things Fergies actually got a lot of support from ths media and such but the Ivory Towers will still find him guilty.  The charge of fetching the game into disrepute ought to have been brought against the referees concerned

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 28, 2018, 08:24:54 pm by Campsall rover »

:) I wont dispute that I wass down the hospital and picked it up to read the report found it interesting that they were also trying to highlight things Fergies actually got a lot of support from ths media and such but the Ivory Towers will still find him guilty.  The charge of fetching the game into disrepute ought to have been brought against the referees concerned
Or the FA themselves. Their incompetence at running the game is embarrassing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012