Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:04:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra second leg  (Read 3619 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra second leg
« Reply #30 on May 09, 2024, 02:30:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
McCann saying both Miller and Taylor will be in the larger squad for Friday (XI plus bench plus others). Again not totally ruling them out. Biggins might be unable to play. Craig is good to play.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 09, 2024, 02:36:56 pm by ncRover »
Shame about Biggins but it isn’t worth risking him.

Thought Rowe was superb off the bench on Monday. Waters can come on around 60 mins.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 09, 2024, 10:48:11 pm by selby »
  It's getting close now, have faith, if we play well we win. Wood to score.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 09, 2024, 11:45:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I kinda hope Crewe come at us just as they did in the first leg, as it helps our players to raise the level and keep going. I'm amazed at the reserves our players are pulling on to impose themselves on the opposition, finding pieces of brilliance surpassing everything that's gone before.

Just looking back at the first leg extended highlights. TLTs save early doors. He made it look aasy but bloody hell, it was a fair header that and he caught the damn thing. His reactions were lightning

Tom Anderson, when Woody slipped. That was a brilliant piece of defending using pace I never knew he had to make sure the lad stayed wide of goal, before timing his block to perfection.

Craig's "give me the f*cking ball" presence all over the pitch wanting to punch big holes through defensive lines. Moly with as sharp a centre forwards finish as you're likely to see. I could go on but these boys are zoned.

Yes, come at us and you'll get it back with interest.

When that ball gets kicked off at 8pm tomorrow let's greet that with the loudest "Gooooooo oonnnnnn" they've ever heard.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 10, 2024, 02:57:14 pm by RoversInSpain »
I kinda hope Crewe come at us just as they did in the first leg, as it helps our players to raise the level and keep going. I'm amazed at the reserves our players are pulling on to impose themselves on the opposition, finding pieces of brilliance surpassing everything that's gone before.

Just looking back at the first leg extended highlights. TLTs save early doors. He made it look aasy but bloody hell, it was a fair header that and he caught the damn thing. His reactions were lightning

Tom Anderson, when Woody slipped. That was a brilliant piece of defending using pace I never knew he had to make sure the lad stayed wide of goal, before timing his block to perfection.

Craig's "give me the f*cking ball" presence all over the pitch wanting to punch big holes through defensive lines. Moly with as sharp a centre forwards finish as you're likely to see. I could go on but these boys are zoned.

Yes, come at us and you'll get it back with interest.

When that ball gets kicked off at 8pm tomorrow let's greet that with the loudest "Gooooooo oonnnnnn" they've ever heard.
Totally get what you’re saying, they start quick give us a kick up the backside, (without scoring of course) just a frightener or two early, we really wake up, the last thing we need is to start plodding along for a period of time, and then can’t get out of 5th gear.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 10, 2024, 03:55:11 pm by andysly »
Horrible feeling Crewe will get the first goal. As we all know Rovers never make it easy for us.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 10, 2024, 03:58:00 pm by Fal »
Horrible feeling Crewe will get the first goal. As we all know Rovers never make it easy for us.

I have this same feeling too, fingers crossed for a positive result tonight.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 10, 2024, 04:06:58 pm by StocksArmy »
Feel so much more nervous today than I did at Crewe. Just because we have seen turnarounds happen for the underdog so many times. We have a lot of experienced heads in the squad and lets hope they will manage the game well enough to see us through it. I would really not enjoy waking up tomorrow not going to Wembley, it would be simply horrendous. Come on Rovers!

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 10, 2024, 04:17:07 pm by RoversInSpain »
Remove those horrible feelings…
This team is different, they’ve been through the horrible bit up until February.
It’s glory all the way!!!!
Rovers do indeed do it easy… Southend…..
come on !!

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 10, 2024, 04:20:07 pm by drfcsteve »
I’d be absolutely gutted to not go to Wembley now, I’ve allowed myself to get too carried away like I know others have. But trying to put it in to perspective in my own mind, it’s not something I ever expected to happen when we were 22nd in the table so the fact it has is just a massive bonus. I’ll never forget the Barrow game.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 10, 2024, 11:17:23 pm by hoolahoop »
I’d be absolutely gutted to not go to Wembley now, I’ve allowed myself to get too carried away like I know others have. But trying to put it in to perspective in my own mind, it’s not something I ever expected to happen when we were 22nd in the table so the fact it has is just a massive bonus. I’ll never forget the Barrow game.

And that’s exactly how to take a reversal such as tonight’s we kick on next season with a new purpose.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 11, 2024, 01:17:18 am by pib »
I was shaking like a leaf going into tonight, and that was exactly why.

We were great in the first leg but they were a wounded animal, had nothing to lose, and had some of their better players coming back from injury just at the right time.

The worst case scenario I had in mind was exactly what happened. Just shows that in one off games you can never be certain of anything.

Absolutely gutted. Stuck in this depressing f*cking league for at least another season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 11, 2024, 08:07:18 am by drfchound »
Crewe could go through by winning at our place by two clear goals and then winning a penalty shootout.
Nearly chocked laughing

Please yourself mate.
I am not saying it will happen or that am expecting it to happen.
I was responding to a post which said that Crewe have to beat us by three clear goals to go through to the final and I was saying that they might not have to win by three.

Upton, you still choking.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 11, 2024, 09:37:40 am by ncRover »
Credit to Crewe. They knew exactly how we were going to play and the patterns of play we were going to go for and what our weaknesses were. Perhaps we were a bit predictable.

Our usual outlets of Craig and the full backs were surrounded and given no time on the ball. We had to resort to the long balls up to Ironside but they were delayed, of poor quality and like earlier on in the season - he was isolated again.

They were fast, physical and aggressive.
They went in to this with a “nothing to lose” mentality and it really suited them.

We didn’t have any subs to nullify this. Everyone bar Anderson, Bailey and Ironside were losing far too many duels. Maxwell was getting aerially targeted, the Crewe gaffer kept pointing at him for long balls to target.

Nevitt, Rowe and Tracey were all a lot quicker than our centre halves. Perhaps that’s why we sat back a bit.

Biggins was a massive miss. Aaron Rowe for them was an absolute pest in midfield. Tommy Rowe couldn’t keep up with play from minute one.

Yes, we saw more of the ball and created more chances. But none of it had its usual flow and had a rushed and desperate feel to it. The feeling of jeopardy was back in the defence too.

But despite all this, perhaps on another day the Molyneux and Bailey chances go in and we scrape through.

Proud of the boys for the memorable run though. They have been a special team that will go down in Rovers history.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 10:14:07 am by ncRover »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 11, 2024, 03:59:26 pm by ncRover »
Thought Kyle Hurst looked really promising again when he came on.
And well done to George Miller for making his return so quickly and having the b*llocks to take and convert a penalty.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 11, 2024, 04:15:28 pm by Campsall rover »
Anyone know what the official gate was last night?

BBC and SkY don’t have the gates on their web sites anymore.
It does my head in. They have dozens of stats on each game and no attendances.  :zzz:

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 11, 2024, 05:03:06 pm by pib »
Anyone know what the official gate was last night?

BBC and SkY don’t have the gates on their web sites anymore.
It does my head in. They have dozens of stats on each game and no attendances.  :zzz:

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=291186.msg1315468#msg1315468

TinyPortal © 2005-2012