Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:00:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers v Liverpool - FA Cup Replay 1974  (Read 4919 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Liverpool - FA Cup Replay 1974
« Reply #30 on February 11, 2016, 08:37:24 am by hoolahoop »
They were truly interesting times and I can't remember it raining either but it was cold ? It was definitely "rammed" and it wouldn't surprise me if the attendance was actually larger than stated. The Rosso end was an awesome sight that day and the old lady really did rock. I think the official attendance was around 22,500. (?) It struck me at the time that no- one probably knew how many were there as loads were jumping over the back of the bogs or by other pre-planned routes to avoid paying. Another convenient figure ? Lol
# Checked since it was 22,499 # yeh whatever.

Does anyone remember playing Derby Co.round about '76; I remember being hit with a very sharp coin on that day. In fact it rained coins and bottles- they were fully prepared and we were not. Much like today really..........lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:13:06 am by hoolahoop »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bally1950

« Reply #31 on February 11, 2016, 08:51:46 am by bally1950 »
Yep..At the plant that day we were allowed half a day off to go to match. I was on Main stand side, still on walking sticks (yes you were allowed to work in those days with aides), I had only just got off crutches after a bad break in my leg the previous May playing rugby.  But edged my bets if it got windy,  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 11, 2016, 11:10:18 am by POD »
The programme on eBay has finally sold for £66.

The bidding history shows that there were three people, including the winning bidder, who were each prepared to pay more than £60.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 11, 2016, 12:12:41 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
The programme on eBay has finally sold for £66.

The bidding history shows that there were three people, including the winning bidder, who were each prepared to pay more than £60.

Fair play to them I say. Only ever seen wartime programmes go for that kind of money.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012