Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:40:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trouble outside stadium  (Read 13625 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Re: Trouble outside stadium
« Reply #30 on April 09, 2017, 09:45:51 am by Herbert Anchovy »
A bloke I was speaking to last night said it was 2 groups of men shouting and threatening each other in front of Mums, Dads & kids coming out of the East Stand. How can anyone be proud of themselves doing that?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 09, 2017, 09:46:34 am by not on facebook »
Good point fella but my guess is when the KMS was built the acoustics
was never brought to the drawing board with the sounds of it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 09, 2017, 09:46:53 am by Filo »
There must be some solution to the acoustics!? Otherwise every new ground in the country would be the same!
I was thinking the same, I wonder if recruiting an acoustics expert to advise would help

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 09, 2017, 09:51:26 am by not on facebook »
Think it's gone passed that filo as the ground has been built .

I know expert on the matter at all ,but I do know that sound will bounce off whatever and be heard over there say .

It's the whatever part that fails me

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 09, 2017, 09:53:31 am by GazLaz »
Was in the East stand next to the away end, Mansfield were loud and sung for most of the game,yet I couldn't hear the black bank even tho I know they were singing. The acoustics in the ground are shite

They're not. We are just not very loud most of the time. Most people that sing even do it quietly.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 09, 2017, 10:10:54 am by wilts rover »
The acoustics seemed fine when we played Southend in the play-off semi - guess it must have deteriorated since then.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 09, 2017, 10:27:02 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Dunno if it's me having sensitive ears or not but from we were in the East Stand at the halfway line the atmosphere in the black bank seemed great! As loud as I've heard it in a long time! Thought Mansfield support was poor though. Apart from the 'Yellow' song I could hardly hear them.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 09, 2017, 11:15:03 am by i_ateallthepies »
Christopher Wren, he's your man for the acoustics.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 09, 2017, 01:18:47 pm by duggiesmyhero »
I normally sit in South stand so I know how loud it can be at times but yesterday hardly heard them from where I was sat apart from 5 mins in the second half, the Southend game the east/ West stands were even singing., that's why it was loud. Your not going to get family's with young kids and corperate suits singing their heads off

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 09, 2017, 01:30:48 pm by Herman Hessian »
Christopher Wren, he's your man for the acoustics.

sshhhhhhh - just whisper it !

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 09, 2017, 03:01:29 pm by turnbull for england »
Good point fella but my guess is when the KMS was built the acoustics
was never brought to the drawing board with the sounds of it.

We got a tour of the ground under construction, and I asked the architect if acoustics had been considered. he said not, that was an expense reserved for far bigger stadia

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 09, 2017, 08:34:19 pm by the vicar »
I was informed today by the stewards that the Mansfield fans came out early went to the east stand and waited for the Rovers fans to come out then they attacked our young kids till the older ones came out and sorted them out after a battle, with not a copper in sight, some of them even tried to get in to the  east stand reception

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 09, 2017, 08:58:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
We got a tour of the ground under construction, and I asked the architect if acoustics had been considered. he said not, that was an expense reserved for far bigger stadia

That's shockingly poor if so. Acoustics was rained as an issue in the planning of the stadium by the fans, I'm sure it would have been mentioned by Andy Liney in a board meeting or two, as well as in other stadium building related meetings.

Having a steeper seating would have been one of the main adjustments for better acoustics.

Acoustics can be improved by adding a section (2 metres?) of perspex/clear something around the edge of the stadium roof. That will add to shelter, make no difference to light. The most effective way which would be at a lower angle than the rest of the roof, though not so much as to be too much of a problem with drainage.

There are other ways of improving it too, though all would cost. One of the downsides of making the noise louder for fans is worse acoustics for music events. There was a good article somewhere looking at what works best for sports stadiums.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 10, 2017, 08:40:54 am by MrFrost »
I was informed today by the stewards that the Mansfield fans came out early went to the east stand and waited for the Rovers fans to come out then they attacked our young kids till the older ones came out and sorted them out after a battle, with not a copper in sight, some of them even tried to get in to the  east stand reception

I've been told the same thing, and some of them actually got into the East Stand concourse. If that is the case, and they were attacking families then they deserved the beating they eventually got.

ballysbackin

« Reply #44 on April 10, 2017, 03:03:20 pm by ballysbackin »
There were several people in the SE Corner near us a little worried that the lot may get into crowd area near us, I along with some of my pretty handy mates told them not to be concerned, if they came as far as us they would be dealt with. 

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 10, 2017, 04:38:47 pm by johnny rovers »
Do we need to take a leaf out of Swansea city's book with regard to the Liberty stadium. Going there for few times there was no way of preventing opposing fans from engaging with each other postmatch. On our last visit they have since erected large fences to keep fans apart, this luckily prevented  large scale disorder when we scuppered Swansea from gaining a playoff place from memory. Obviously the fences were erected in light of more high profile fixtures against the likes of Cardiff.

Surely this has to be on the clubs radar. If the plod aren't going to prevent disorder then fences outside the away end has to be on the agenda

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 10, 2017, 06:10:40 pm by dknward2 »
Easy thing keep away fans in for 10 mins after the end of the game gives chance for home fans to move away.

If fans are told beforehand then they have no complaints

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 10, 2017, 06:22:54 pm by johnny rovers »
Easy thing keep away fans in for 10 mins after the end of the game gives chance for home fans to move away.

I'm sure there was a ruling in recent years about this being unlawful. Hence why I doesn't happen!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 10, 2017, 06:36:28 pm by dknward2 »

I'm sure there was a ruling in recent years about this being unlawful. Hence why I doesn't happen!

I would assume it would come under being held against your will.

Surely if it was for the protection of themselves or others would be the loophole around it

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 10, 2017, 06:44:54 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I remember us being kept in The Shay after playing Halifax. The stewards wouldn't open the metal gates so this huge (and probably now brain damaged) Rovers fan began nutting the gate and screaming 'let me out!'. Understandably, the stewards didn't intervene.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 10, 2017, 07:15:17 pm by duggiesmyhero »
The point is, why didn't the police stop Mansfield hooligans walking round to the East stand in the first place? Most of the police were Outside the West stand waiting for Mansfield to leave that way towards the main rd. Could have and should have been prevented.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 10, 2017, 08:30:41 pm by GazLaz »
The point is, why didn't the police stop Mansfield hooligans walking round to the East stand in the first place? Most of the police were Outside the West stand waiting for Mansfield to leave that way towards the main rd. Could have and should have been prevented.

The old bill are great until anything actually happens!

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 11, 2017, 10:12:20 am by WheatleyRover »
Well there we go lets knock down the Black Bank and rebuild it steeper, heres a video from the stoke game last season
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QPDqpTuUw6Y

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 11, 2017, 03:31:30 pm by ravenrover »
They locked us in after THE Brentford game!

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 11, 2017, 04:09:45 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Used to get locked in nearly every game a few years back. It's only been recently they've started letting the fans out together. But let's be honest, every person who saw there lads coming in at last minute and walked straight along the bottom of stand to be as near to our fans as possible new they were after trouble. I just can't believe how little a police presence there was for such a game. Given its history over the last few meetings.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 11, 2017, 07:44:17 pm by the vicar »

That would of made it worse in the ground with our fans celabreting after the game

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 13, 2017, 12:31:14 am by andysly »
I remember us being kept in The Shay after playing Halifax. The stewards wouldn't open the metal gates so this huge (and probably now brain damaged) Rovers fan began nutting the gate and screaming 'let me out!'. Understandably, the stewards didn't intervene.

Didn't that gate give way after loads of us went at it...or was that another time. I'm thinking of a night match probably a Friday late 80's maybe 90

ballysbackin

« Reply #57 on April 13, 2017, 08:28:36 am by ballysbackin »
Used to get locked in nearly every game a few years back. It's only been recently they've started letting the fans out together. But let's be honest, every person who saw there lads coming in at last minute and walked straight along the bottom of stand to be as near to our fans as possible new they were after trouble. I just can't believe how little a police presence there was for such a game. Given its history over the last few meetings.

Because the Club have to pay for any Police inside the ground.....All five SY Clubs objected to the costs some years ago that was imposed by the SYCC (Police Authority) not the Police Force itself.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 13, 2017, 12:18:26 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

They tried it with us at Chesterfield first time we played at new ground. Didnt happen as side gates came flying open not long after, and a mass stampede to get out.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 13, 2017, 12:56:18 pm by Jimmydee »
Quote from: Herbert Anchovy on April 10, 2017, 06:44:54 PM

Didn't that gate give way after loads of us went at it...or was that another time. I'm thinking of a night match probably a Friday late 80's maybe 90

I recall around 1980 in the FA cup at the Shay where we got held in after the game, it could have turned nasty because fans were coming out behind the stand over a brow to a lower level and were pushing/crushing the fans at the exit gate, the perimeter walls were like the concrete gravel boards and  post that cracked under the pressure of the crush. We were then herded through a crowd of police officers with snarling German shepherd dogs snapping at us. It was horrific.
I had parked on a side street near the ground and in my dash to get out of the area I went straight through an unmarked crossroads and got side swiped by another driver coming from the left and had to swap details for the insurers, I'm sure that we won the game though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012