Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:20:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Rowe  (Read 5881 times)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Tommy Rowe
« on November 23, 2017, 06:34:14 pm by Bessie Red »
It seems strange that Marquis seems to be getting so much stick at the moment when Tommy Rowe seems immune to any criticism whatsoever.

Granted Marquis is struggling at present however Rowe, for me, is not putting in the performances you would expect from a talented experienced pro footballer.

In my opinion if he pulled his finger out and put in a proper shift week in week out, then our results may start to improve. He should be out performing our younger less experienced players & leading by example, however I don't see him doing that one bit.

What's your opinions on his season so far?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Rowe
« Reply #1 on November 23, 2017, 06:39:01 pm by keith79 »
It looks like a lot of players are carrying little injuries.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 24, 2017, 08:33:47 am by graingrover »
Apart from the scuffed shot in front of goal last game Marquis worked like a man possessed as ever . Tommy was ineffectual and neither he nor Copps both and Copps added much  attacking support to JM often leaving him so isolated he had to drop back to over the half way line often .

Belle Vue Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 24, 2017, 08:54:14 am by Belle Vue Boy »
Been really disappointed with Tommy this season, everyone says he has the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate it but not for me been poor in a poor side this season but until fergie gives him a proper position to settle into think that's how he will play 

As for marquis i love the fact that hes up for the game doesn't stop trying but effort doesn't score goals unfortunately

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 24, 2017, 09:40:21 am by wing commander »
   I criticised Tommy Rowe in a post earlier this week,i disagreed when someone called him a great player and I moaned about his inability to make a impact on games and how at times he comes across lazy and uninterested in games...

To be honest I expected a bit of a backlash after saying that but nobody did,which tells it all for me.Yes I can accept the positions he plays maybe don't suit him but for a player of his talent his performances at times are very poor..He seems to be untouchable though and plays every week..

With Coppinger his performance levels have also dipped but he's no spring chicken so you can understand that..Nobody will agree with this I accept but we need to replace Coppinger now and maybe use him more as a impact player..

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 24, 2017, 10:25:49 am by The Red Baron »
Rowe has been disappointing and anyone else whose performance levels had dropped so far would probably have been left out. I get the feeling he's  "teacher's pet" and is well aware of this. So long as he does  "just enough" every week he'll always play. But he should be offering much more.

Re. Copps he's had quite a number of games in a short space of time, which would be fine for a younger player. He will have the night off on Tuesday, of course, and I wouldn't start him in the FA Cup game. Question is, do you start him tomorrow or freshen things up with Whiteman or Mandeville?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 24, 2017, 10:38:20 am by Chris Black come back »
   I criticised Tommy Rowe in a post earlier this week,i disagreed when someone called him a great player and I moaned about his inability to make a impact on games and how at times he comes across lazy and uninterested in games...

To be honest I expected a bit of a backlash after saying that but nobody did,which tells it all for me.Yes I can accept the positions he plays maybe don't suit him but for a player of his talent his performances at times are very poor..He seems to be untouchable though and plays every week..

With Coppinger his performance levels have also dipped but he's no spring chicken so you can understand that..Nobody will agree with this I accept but we need to replace Coppinger now and maybe use him more as a impact player..

This may seem a little naive but following the recent debates on here regarding Baudry and now Rowe....errrrm....why do we not just play players in positions that suit them, rather than attempting unsuccessfully to fit players in a frankly mystifying formation that it appears our players do anything other than excel within?

Just a thought.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 24, 2017, 10:48:35 am by The Red Baron »
I suppose Rowe's preferred position would probably be on the left side of a midfield four. Alternately perhaps playing as a 10, although we seem to have candidates aplenty for that role (though no full backs of experience and/or quality).

That's why I think it's difficult to go to a back four. The best fits for the full back roles would be Garratt and Alcock. The former has played few games in 18 months with us and the latter has hardly had a decent game in the last 18 months. I don't really fancy Blair and Toffolo playing as orthodox wing backs.

I realise I'm sounding like the man asked for directions who responded "I wouldn't start from here."

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 24, 2017, 11:10:20 am by GazLaz »
I think all of our forward thinking players have suffered since we started playing this 3421 formation. We look more solid at the back but it’s negated some of our attacking threat.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 24, 2017, 11:34:16 am by The Red Baron »
I think all of our forward thinking players have suffered since we started playing this 3421 formation. We look more solid at the back but it’s negated some of our attacking threat.

I agree with that, but what's the answer? If we don't score goals we don't win games.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 24, 2017, 11:44:14 am by Retdon1 »

I agree with that, but what's the answer? If we don't score goals we don't win games.

It's trying to find the right balance. We've gone from being too attack minding to too defensive. Some how we need to find a way of playing which incorporates both.

aussyroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 24, 2017, 11:56:58 am by aussyroy »

This may seem a little naive but following the recent debates on here regarding Baudry and now Rowe....errrrm....why do we not just play players in positions that suit them, rather than attempting unsuccessfully to fit players in a frankly mystifying formation that it appears our players do anything other than excel within?

Just a thought.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 24, 2017, 03:36:45 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Perhaps it's nothing more complicated than with the decimated state of the starting eleven (yes I realise that isn't the strictly correct use of the word decimated), to voluntarily remove one of the remainder would be a bit daft.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 24, 2017, 07:06:50 pm by RedJ »

Just a thought.

It's amazing that after two years in the job this point still evades him.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 25, 2017, 01:20:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agree about Rowe. If he's seen as teachers pet amongst the players then he's got to perform to justify that tag. Has he ever been dropped? Maybe that doesn't sit well with the other players.

We keep saying he's playing in the wrong position but in the vast majority of games he's played left side. He's too one footed to be a no 10.

He definitely needs to pull his finger out.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 25, 2017, 01:23:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I know I keep going on about this, but with this formation, we’re actually in decent form. 12 (correction: 11) points from past 8 games.

2 of those 8 have been awayagainst teams currently in the top 4. 5 of the last 8 against sides currently in the top half.

Do people think the squad we have should be doing significantly better than that?

Edit: makes it all the more incomprehensible that Ferguson over-reacted to the Wigan match today. Stupid change of formation and players.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:11:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 25, 2017, 07:51:54 pm by The Red Baron »
Agree with your edit, BST. I couldn't believe Baudry was dropped AND we went back to the diamond. I thought that had been abandoned.

Also, Ferguson must be the only manager in the last 20 years who thought Coppinger could play as a striker.

I know it all came out right in the end and the substitutions were good, but we should have been dead and buried at half time.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 25, 2017, 09:59:56 pm by POD »
Tommy Roe was the only player apart from the keeper not going to the corner to celebrate Matty Blair's goal, despite being fairly close by.   He was also the only player to go straight down the tunnel at full time, whilst all the others went round the pitch to take the applause of the fans.   Can anything be read into this? 

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 25, 2017, 10:25:26 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe picked up a injury and wanted to get some treatment on it or maybe needed a piss, as for not celebrating never really seen him celebrating after others score unless he was involved

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 25, 2017, 10:26:38 pm by drfchound »
Maybe he is peed off about getting stick from some supporters.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 25, 2017, 10:53:42 pm by Bessie Red »
Maybe he is peed off about getting stick from some supporters.
He deserves to get stick for some of his performances this season

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 26, 2017, 02:17:38 am by Jenny »
He was clattered in the run up to the gosl, pretty sure he was still on the floor when we scored

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 26, 2017, 10:42:13 am by Bezza »
Tommy Rowe is maybe going through a bad patch, but he can be a class player as we have seen, hopefully he will soon be back to his best.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 26, 2017, 11:44:35 am by mrfrostsdad »
He was our worse player by a country mile yesterday in my opinion. Awful

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 26, 2017, 12:19:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
People saying about him being played in the wrong position, he was played as a defensive midfielder at some of his previous clubs. Maybe worth a go partnering Houghton in the middle.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 26, 2017, 03:59:40 pm by mrfrostsdad »
People saying about him being played in the wrong position, he was played as a defensive midfielder at some of his previous clubs. Maybe worth a go partnering Houghton in the middle.

Maybe worth giving him a rest. May focus his mind. The trouble is, I'm not sure who you would bring in in his place

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 26, 2017, 04:42:14 pm by bobbymax »
What, worse than Kongolo!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 26, 2017, 05:19:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Tommy Rowe bashing time now is it?
Looks as though Marquis has got a successor.
Why do we have to do this to our players?
Yes he has not performed as well as he is capable of, I agree.
But he needs an attacking midfield role and should be playing in the hole behind the strikers as Copps played in the second half yesterday.
That is his best position.
Can't leave Copps out yet but is perfect for that role when Copps finally hangs his boots up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 26, 2017, 07:04:00 pm by Filo »

😳😳😳😳😳😳

TinyPortal © 2005-2012