Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:05:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One of the worst halves..  (Read 8626 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
One of the worst halves..
« on November 25, 2017, 03:48:41 pm by Copps is Magic »
... I've seen from a Rovers side in years.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: One of the worst halves..
« Reply #1 on November 25, 2017, 04:18:10 pm by since-1969 »
What about all the others

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 25, 2017, 04:39:05 pm by dickos1 »
What about the 2nd half?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 25, 2017, 04:40:45 pm by Copps is Magic »
We've played well the 2nd half, much better. Hopefully no silly last minute goals.

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 25, 2017, 04:41:44 pm by essexrover »
We've played well the 2nd half, much better. Hopefully no silly last minute goals.
Or last minute plus 6 !

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 25, 2017, 04:46:07 pm by dickos1 »
Have they put the board up?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 25, 2017, 04:48:41 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
4 added

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 25, 2017, 05:05:56 pm by normal rules »
a good comeback. never a good sign when rovers concede withing first 5 mins

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 25, 2017, 05:10:40 pm by bpoolrover »
Was going to rant and rave about marquis on own upfront,soon as we went more attacking there was a big difference, hopefully he will learn by this

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 25, 2017, 05:37:53 pm by glosterred »
First half was one of the worse I’ve seen in a long, long time. Second half way much better, but could be a whole lot better still.

COYR
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:21:40 pm by glosterred »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 25, 2017, 05:39:29 pm by RedJ »
Was going to rant and rave about marquis on own upfront,soon as we went more attacking there was a big difference, hopefully he will learn by this

Don't hold your breath.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 25, 2017, 05:44:04 pm by MachoMadness »
God knows what we were set up to do in the first half. I thought a 3-0 spanking was on the cards again. Credit where it's due though, we did turn it round in the second half. If you blame Fergie for our frequent bottle jobs (and I do, at least in part) you have to give him credit when he turns it around too.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 25, 2017, 06:11:49 pm by Bessie Red »
We could have been 4-0 down by half time we were that bad. Much improved 2nd half due to mlving the ball quicker & actually competing!!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 25, 2017, 06:16:27 pm by pib »
We were very lucky not to be 2 or 3 down at half time. We were so disorganised it was untrue and it seemed like pinball in our box for most of the half.

Thankfully second half we woke up and this team showed what they are actually capable of when they play properly.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 25, 2017, 06:26:22 pm by Donnywolf »
We could have been 4-0 down by half time we were that bad. Much improved 2nd half due to mlving the ball quicker & actually competing!!

Alfie Beestin made a great difference starting with his very first touch !

I would say the Teams changed Shirts in second half BUT the Team in Black were not as bad as they were when in Hoops in first half !

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 25, 2017, 06:34:23 pm by anne honemous »
That was our season summed up in one very bizarre game but we had luck on our side for a change in actually getting all three points rather than chucking away any points by silliness in the latter stages.

The table proves just how valuable it was to win today - anything less and we'd have been very close to drop zone which would have meant the doom-dreaming scaremongers would have been out with their knives sharpened wanting to have a pop at all and sundry.

At least now the pressure is off for a couple of weeks and we've avoided that carry on of constant negativity (for a short time anyway).

The FA Cup game is a nice sideshow distraction to the league but we're clearly not going to be favourites against Scunny. If we beat them it'll be a nice bonus but a defeat it won't effect anything in the league table.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 25, 2017, 08:23:50 pm by drfchound »
That was our season summed up in one very bizarre game but we had luck on our side for a change in actually getting all three points rather than chucking away any points by silliness in the latter stages.

The table proves just how valuable it was to win today - anything less and we'd have been very close to drop zone which would have meant the doom-dreaming scaremongers would have been out with their knives sharpened wanting to have a pop at all and sundry.

At least now the pressure is off for a couple of weeks and we've avoided that carry on of constant negativity (for a short time anyway).

The FA Cup game is a nice sideshow distraction to the league but we're clearly not going to be favourites against Scunny. If we beat them it'll be a nice bonus but a defeat it won't effect anything in the league table.

The doom-dreaming scaremongers would have been very much in order to have a pop if the second half had been as bad as he first one.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 25, 2017, 09:35:21 pm by POD »
It's been a long time since I've seen Rovers so outplayed at home by any team and all credit to MK Dons who were excellent in the first half.  A 3-0 or even 4-0 score line at half time would not have been unjust.  They played the ball around quickly and seemed to open up our defence at will.
What a difference in the second half!   Whatever Fergie did at half time, he and the players have to be congratulated on turning round a game where we looked completely out of our depth at half time. 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 25, 2017, 10:05:22 pm by RedJ »
It's been a long time since I've seen Rovers so outplayed at home by any team

Take it you weren't there when Walsall came?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 25, 2017, 10:48:55 pm by Lesonthewest »
That could have been so different after the 1st half performance, even though I thought we started with energy & commitment, but after their goal the little confidence we had turned into hesitation & fear & MK Dons smelled blood, to be fair though we hung on with luck & desperate defending.

Second half however was like watching a completely different team, the substitutes were excellent, but the side as a whole seemed to click, putting them on the back foot with bags of effort,  passing & movement that's been missing since the start of the season, long may it continue. Well done to the management & players, great result & hopefully we can push on now, special mention for Alfie Beeston, looks a great prospect.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 25, 2017, 10:52:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
Alfie has been one of the shining lights in the Development games I've watched, pleased for him.

Needs games now and the confidence to think he belongs.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 25, 2017, 11:06:33 pm by adamtherover »

3 mental deferensive errors does not equate to being massively outplayed..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 25, 2017, 11:26:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
First half clearly a disgrace. Second half equally clearly much, much better. Good result in end.

Are we actually getting any better?

Difficult to tell.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 26, 2017, 12:11:37 am by karldew »
First half is the first time I have said Fergie should go...

Second half a lot better!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 26, 2017, 12:45:44 am by eastender »

Walsall never out played us , in fact they are the worse team that I've at the keepmoat this  season,
The problem was , we gifted them 3 goals.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 26, 2017, 02:07:22 am by RoversAlias »

Walsall were shit, they didn't outplay us at all. We made three boneheaded, appalling defensive mistakes and lost 3-0 as a result. Should never have lost that game, we were the better side for 60 minutes.

aussyroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 26, 2017, 03:10:23 am by aussyroy »
Being a better side does not get you points on the board :unsure:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 26, 2017, 03:45:23 am by SydneyRover »
That could have been so different after the 1st half performance, even though I thought we started with energy & commitment, but after their goal the little confidence we had turned into hesitation & fear & MK Dons smelled blood, to be fair though we hung on with luck & desperate defending.

Second half however was like watching a completely different team, the substitutes were excellent, but the side as a whole seemed to click, putting them on the back foot with bags of effort,  passing & movement that's been missing since the start of the season, long may it continue. Well done to the management & players, great result & hopefully we can push on now, special mention for Alfie Beeston, looks a great prospect.

Thanks for the wrap-up Les and congrats to DR, DF and all the fans especially those that went to the game on pulling a win out when we needed it most.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 26, 2017, 07:29:08 am by dickos1 »
First half clearly a disgrace. Second half equally clearly much, much better. Good result in end.

Are we actually getting any better?

Difficult to tell.

Your the man obsessed with stats, take a look at them and you will find your answer

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 26, 2017, 07:54:12 am by Chris Black come back »
#cryptic

TinyPortal © 2005-2012