Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:40:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One of the worst halves..  (Read 8627 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: One of the worst halves..
« Reply #60 on November 26, 2017, 07:27:49 pm by drfchound »
Surely it's not as black and white as that, if a manager brought us down from the league above kept his job and we were favourites to get promoted. He surely should be expecting to have a much more successful season than a side that's just got promoted from the league below?
It's just common sense

Dickov left us about 18 places lower than when he took over, I'm not sure we've ever been 18 places lower under ferguson from where he took over.

Maybe not in places in the ladder but certainly he took us to L2.
As we only had one point after two L2 games I wouldn’t be surprised if we had been as low as 15th which would be at least 18 places lower than when he came to us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 26, 2017, 07:35:43 pm by dickos1 »
I think any manager that took over a title winning side, then got relegated and then we're looking like being in a relegation battle in the league below would be looking for a new job.

Ferguson got us relegated but he then won probably the easiest promotion we've ever had,
And now this season we're in a position only a couple of points lower than what most people were expecting.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 26, 2017, 07:39:05 pm by drfchound »
No comment on the 18 places lower then I see.

The title winning side that Dickov took over we’re playing in the Championship though and to be fair to him, Rovers are / were always going to find it hard to stay in that division.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 26, 2017, 07:41:38 pm by dickos1 »

The title winning side that Dickov took over we’re playing in the Championship though and to be fair to him, Rovers are / were always going to find it hard to stay in that division.

You made no comment about my first paragraph, didn't think I needed to point that out,

Anyhow I've no idea where we were after 2 games I'm not sure league tables are even bothered with after 2 games

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 26, 2017, 07:46:06 pm by drfchound »

You made no comment about my first paragraph, didn't think I needed to point that out,

Anyhow I've no idea where we were after 2 games I'm not sure league tables are even bothered with after 2 games

Come on mate, there are league tables after just one game.
With one point from two games we would not be higher than 15th.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 26, 2017, 09:39:42 pm by RedJ »
Not even when we were near the bottom of League Two after losing at Accrington?

Pedantic, yes, but then you'd know all about that...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on November 26, 2017, 10:35:56 pm by dickos1 »

We would've been around midtable after Accrington game, I'd say about 15th-17th certainly not near the bottom

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 26, 2017, 11:08:11 pm by graingrover »
What an amazingly sad reflection of today's mentality in our society this thread is . I think that often the attacks made on managers players and the club in general say much more about the lives of the critics than the acts of those being criticised . 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 26, 2017, 11:44:36 pm by RedJ »

We would've been around midtable after Accrington game, I'd say about 15th-17th certainly not near the bottom

17th is fairly near the bottom in a table of 24. And 15th would be, er, 18 places below where he took over, no?

https://experimental361.com/2017/05/06/league-2-table-footprints-201617/ According to this, we spent 3 days in 18th, as it happens.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on November 27, 2017, 05:34:01 am by dickos1 »
What an amazingly sad reflection of today's mentality in our society this thread is . I think that often the attacks made on managers players and the club in general say much more about the lives of the critics than the acts of those being criticised . 

Exactly

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 27, 2017, 07:24:22 am by SydneyRover »

Exactly

Not a lot of thought goes into what a persons personal circumstance were/are for players or managers they are favourites if they are doing well and not of course if they struggle. Some will share personal stories good or bad but a lot don't and there's plenty of  reasons, depression, child birth, death etc.............. I would hate to work under circumstances where not only those that paid my wages were critics but once or twice a week a stadium full of people had their say as well.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 27, 2017, 09:21:10 am by wing commander »

You could argue,that's the game there in and what they signed up to when they decided to become pro footballers..The abuse players and managers get today on a Saturday is no different to when I first started going 40 years ago...

I gave them some stick when they walked off at half time because frankly they deserved it,apart from Houghton it looked like 11 players had been thrown a shirt and asked to run around a bit..It was the basic stuff that was grating me..Heading and passing along our 6 yard box,fairy tackles in midfield and just the general impression that they were bloody useless...It was cold and I was dam annoyed because the system was terrible and it didn't look like the players knew what to do.
 it's very rare you hear the black bank singing at them to Sort it out but they were and frankly everybody in the ground thought we were lucky to go in 1 down only..

Second half with a formation change and young Beestin coming on and it was like watching a different team,suddenly we were a yard quicker a lot more hungry and we had movement and at the end I applauded and clapped them off as did everybody else..So for me they got grief at half time and applause at full time and I don't think they can complain at either reaction tbh...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 27, 2017, 10:38:45 am by drfchound »

Grainge, this is a football forum isn't it, where we discuss all things football (as well as other stuff).
If all we ever posted about was good stuff it would soon become a ghost forum.
Surely any one of us has a right to question something that is happening on the football side of things if we are unhappy with the way things are going.

For me personally, i am one of those people who doesn't boo players or shout abuse at them on match days but will voice an opinion on here.
There are people around me in the stadium who quite frankly are an embarrassment, some of the abuse that they shout at individual players, well to be honest i often wonder why they bother going to matches at all.

I don't think it is an indictment on most of the forum contributors when they question on here things about the football club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012