Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:05:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Consistency in L1  (Read 2384 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Consistency in L1
« on November 26, 2017, 09:19:04 am by SydneyRover »
Looking at the past 5 games across L1 only 6 teams have 3 or more wins, the rest including DR have 2, 1 or no wins. L1 is proving very difficult for many other teams as well as DR to find consistency.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Consistency in L1
« Reply #1 on November 26, 2017, 09:46:18 am by since-1969 »
 . We have been consistent, poor performances one after another , so perhaps being inconsistent is the key.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 26, 2017, 10:03:17 am by SydneyRover »
. We have been consistent, poor performances one after another , so perhaps being inconsistent is the key.

Your comment is unworthy, wins are now classed as poor performances?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 26, 2017, 10:11:36 am by dknward2 »
Just shows that if you go on a run you could fly up the league a month of December wins could see us in the play offs

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 26, 2017, 10:21:26 am by dickos1 »

Proves people can't help it

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 26, 2017, 10:27:17 am by DonnyOsmond »
We were so poor last season. Worst season in 20 years. Too many wins.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 26, 2017, 10:46:39 am by since-1969 »
When we won promotion back to the Championship we were poor at home and brilliant in getting results away and against the odds with a poorly constructed team we pulled it off . Inconsistent performances cause problems yet like yesterday you can still get results. Mk Dons went back home knowing that they through it away .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:29:25 pm by since-1969 »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 26, 2017, 12:27:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
When we won promotion back to the Championship we were poor at home and brilliant in getting results away and against the odds with a poorly constructed team we pulled it off . Inconsistent performances cause problems yet like yesterday you can still get results. Mk Dons went back home knowing that the through it away .

You've got to be a WUM. Poorly constructed team? We had a defence that wouldn't let anything through. A winger that could put a ball on a stamp and three target men, who could rough defences up. The defenders were mountains who could get 5-10 goals from corners as well. It was a good constructed team.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 26, 2017, 12:36:55 pm by anne honemous »
My take on it is the teams at the top are very good whilst the teams in or around the relegation zone (below ourselves) are very poor.

Until after the New Year when we've had a chance to sign players, I really couldn't care less about how we perform so long as we continue to put points on the board and stay away from relegation danger.

Performances aren't going to magically improve so we get good consistency with this bunch of players. After 20 games they've been consistently inconsistent so there's no evidence to suggest things will change overnight.

We need some new signings, more experience and more bite, and until that happens we just need points.

We can start worrying about performances when we're safe from bother with lots of points in the bag, either challenging for promotion or safe in the league.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 26, 2017, 01:33:20 pm by since-1969 »
When we won promotion back to the Championship we were poor at home and brilliant in getting results away and against the odds with a poorly constructed team we pulled it off . Inconsistent performances cause problems yet like yesterday you can still get results. Mk Dons went back home knowing that the through it away .

You've got to be a WUM. Poorly constructed team? We had a defence that wouldn't let anything through. A winger that could put a ball on a stamp and three target men, who could rough defences up. The defenders were mountains who could get 5-10 goals from corners as well. It was a good constructed team.
I’ll refraze it was a ‘ Hastely’ constructed team . But my point was we were inconsistent at home brilliant away form and consistency isn’t important it’s the end results you measure your season by .

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 26, 2017, 08:14:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
I’ll refraze it was a ‘ Hastely’ constructed team . But my point was we were inconsistent at home brilliant away form and consistency isn’t important it’s the end results you measure your season by .

rephrase

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 26, 2017, 08:21:53 pm by drfchound »

Mmmmm, DonnyO, the thread is called consistency in L1 mate.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:55:42 pm by drfchound »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 26, 2017, 08:46:57 pm by Michael Shaw »
It is a tough league which is obvious when you try to predict results each week.

Between 7th place (fighting for a play-off spot) and 30th place (just avoiding relegation) there is only 9 points in it. Just 3 wins.

Looking ahead Rovers (currently in 16th) face Oxford (9th), Oldham (17th), Bristol Rovers (18th),  Northampton (22nd) and Rochdale (19th) so I think we could have a good run of 4 or 5 games we can win.

I'm not one to kid myself that things are rosy, but by the New Year we could be knocking on the door of a play-off spot if the players can only do their job right. 

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 26, 2017, 08:49:52 pm by Michael Shaw »
...  and 20th place   ...   of course

TinyPortal © 2005-2012