Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:41:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Everton. Nothing to do with The Mighty DRFC  (Read 1958 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Everton. Nothing to do with The Mighty DRFC
« on November 26, 2017, 04:32:50 pm by phil old leake »
Another loss for Everton.  Who thinks that Unsworth is out of his depth. When you look at his team selection it reminds me of Maclaren at England dropping players with big names to prove he’s not scared to
Surely W Rooney is blue through and through and would run his heart out for the team no matter how bad.
At times he’s left some big players out for youngsters which I’m not against but so
E of them when I’ve watched have been embarrassingly poor
It’s time for them to get a manager and quick

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Everton. Nothing to do with The Mighty DRFC
« Reply #1 on November 26, 2017, 05:25:25 pm by DonnyNoel »
So many problems for them too beyond Unsworth. Senior players not stepping up (Williams' head gone, Jagielka looks overweight, Schneiderlin & Mirallas anonymous), youngsters promising but not quite ready (Davies, Kenny, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman), big name signings making little impact (Keane, Klaasen, Sigurdsson). Whoever the new manager is, he needs to be busy in January.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 26, 2017, 06:23:15 pm by anne honemous »
They've been an absolute mess since the start of the season.

Yet only 7/8 months ago, Koeman was being linked with the job at Barcelona.

How quickly things can change.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 26, 2017, 06:25:35 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Martin O'Neill has been touted as a possibility for the job, and I think it'd be a good fit for both of them.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 26, 2017, 06:29:37 pm by phil old leake »
Martin or Michael.  Both be a good choice for me

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 26, 2017, 06:48:35 pm by The Red Baron »
I have seen their last two games and they have been awful. Actually, if we beat Scunny a week today I'd be more than happy to draw Everton - I reckon we could do them on a good day (for us).

I don't think you can be too hard on Unsworth. He certainly fancied a crack at the job and he's been found wanting, but the problems were already there when he took over. Far more blame lies with the owners. Five weeks since they sacked Koeman and no sign of a new manager. Compare and contrast with West Brom who will probably appoint Pardew about a week after they sacked Pulis.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 26, 2017, 06:56:05 pm by andyst79 »
Koeman would have done well given time, massive blow to lose Lukaku but to was expected.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 26, 2017, 09:00:09 pm by drfchound »
I have seen their last two games and they have been awful. Actually, if we beat Scunny a week today I'd be more than happy to draw Everton - I reckon we could do them on a good day (for us).

I don't think you can be too hard on Unsworth. He certainly fancied a crack at the job and he's been found wanting, but the problems were already there when he took over. Far more blame lies with the owners. Five weeks since they sacked Koeman and no sign of a new manager. Compare and contrast with West Brom who will probably appoint Pardew about a week after they sacked Pulis.

If we did draw Everton it would be just our luck for he game to be just after they appoint their new manager.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 27, 2017, 06:25:12 am by GazLaz »
I saw it coming, and as for the managerial situation. Who in their right mind sacks a very good manager in Koman without having a replacement lined up. I’d recruit Bilic if I was them.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 27, 2017, 06:56:42 am by Donnywolf »
I saw it coming, and as for the managerial situation. Who in their right mind sacks a very good manager in Koman without having a replacement lined up. I’d recruit Bilic if I was them.

You certainly did - and I for one will take more heed of your "tips" from now on  ;) ;) ;)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 27, 2017, 07:36:26 am by hoolahoop »
Strange one this , they seem to have some excellent players in their squad Rooney , Mirallas,  Sigurdsson, Jagielka etc. but no- one really looks interested . It's a shame because you always think of an Everton team being dynamic and clever - these players currently look leaden footed and totally devoid of both ideas and passion.

So unlike the Everton I've known these last 50 years who always seemed to come up with the players and style of football to upset any of the big boys on any given day . Season after season despite losing big players like Rooney, successful managers like Moyes they have in the past continued almost seamlessly to overcome these difficulties. Now someone has to go in there , immerse themselves in the club and get those players playing again to their full potential. The biggest disappointment for me is the form of Mirallas who, at one time, looked like a world class player but who now looks ordinary.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 27, 2017, 09:04:57 am by wing commander »
   They know that Unsworth wont get the job and are a rudderless ship so seem quite happy drifting along..I cant understand why it's taken them so long to get a new man in place..Dyche or Howe would jump at a job like that both are great young British managers..

I see Rodgers has been linked with it too but he's got the best job in Football..Basking in the glory or beating teams on a fiftieth of his budget every week while conveniently forgetting getting absolutely mullered 5+ every time they come up against anyone decent.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 27, 2017, 10:43:01 am by The Red Baron »
I understood Dyche had let it be known that he wasn't interested. Sees it as a poisoned chalice. Howe probably thinks the same.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012