Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:54:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well Done Dave and George  (Read 3234 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Well Done Dave and George
« Reply #30 on January 27, 2013, 03:40:59 pm by ravenrover »
Mick do you also write books and plays?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 27, 2013, 05:14:03 pm by mjdgreg »
mjdgreg do you also write books and plays?

A bit of a random question, but because I pride myself on always answering every question thrown at me I will indulge you. No, but I'm sure I could if I put my mind to it. There are far more things that interest me than the airy fairy worlds of plays and books. I can't remember the last time I saw a play or read a book.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 27, 2013, 06:01:55 pm by The L J Monk »
I can't remember the last time I saw a play or read a book.

You do surprise me.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:14:19 pm by The L J Monk »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 28, 2013, 09:11:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
http://harpymarx.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/april-will-be-a-very-cruel-month-if-you-are-on-welfare-benefits/

The thing I find absolutely terrifying is many people are wandering into this with their eyes closed , not really understanding how bad it is going to be for umpteen thousands of people.

And how many that won't be effected don't care or think that it is all that these people deserve.

What really gets me about this travesty is that the declared intention is to reduce the amount of Housing Benefit paid out - which it won't. If anything it'll do the opposite by forcing people out of cheaper social housing into more expensive private rental - which will, of course, be paid for by Housing Benefit.

So either forcing people into the private market was their aim all along and they were lying to us about the reason behond it, or they're just thick as shit and haven't thought the implications through properly. It says something about this government that I can't decide which is more likely.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:16:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 28, 2013, 10:15:10 pm by jucyberry »
www.facebook.com/groups/antibedroomtax

I think more people should take a look at this group on facebook, read the articles and more importantly read how scared people really are.t.

I honestly do not know where the government thinks the extra housing benefit is going to come from, it isn't going after the largest group that under occupy, those being the oap's, why is it less cruel to bully the disabled, the poor and those with small children?

By all means rewrite new tenancy agreements that would be starting from a clean page, but for those who have assured tenancies there should be protection.  most tenants have paid enough in rent to have bought their home twice over..

Much rubbish has been written claiming people have babies just to fill bedrooms, yet most are past the age of wanting to start again, thats why nature invented grandchildren.

Why can't the government look into the absolutely daft private rental sector? There is a huge lack of one and two bed houses, I can't think of a single one bed home in Heacham for instance outside of the elderly complexes. To shift someone from their home and into private rentals will cost much more in benefits, it will save nothing and cause nothing but misery for thousands.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012