Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:29:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's Just Not Sport...Sport  (Read 753 times)

GM-MarkB

It's Just Not Sport...Sport
« on February 07, 2013, 04:20:11 pm by GM-MarkB »
So Aussie authorities are holding their hands up and saying that their sport is awash with drug cheats.

Europol are investigating 100's of past fixtures for match fixing

We've seen Lance Armstrong finally admit his heinous crimes.

Sport...is it really worth it anymore ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: It's Just Not Sport...Sport
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2013, 04:47:11 pm by RobTheRover »
Of course it is, but as a body, us, the "fans" of sport, have to say "no more".  Lance Armstrong is a classic case in point.  How many on here are prepared to still like the guy even after all this about him, his blatent cheating, lies, bullying, manipulating, etc, is now out in the open?  Fallen idols should just be allowed to fall, not have false justifications found for them.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2013, 04:53:21 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
It's interesting to see where this started & progressed...

Finnish athletes
Italian athletes
US cycling (LA 84)

Whilst people were looking at the steroids from the East Europe area during the 80's, blood doping went completely under the radar!

I wonder how far things have gone in football; amd I'm talking recovery times, not stamina as such....

When you look at world cups/euros, there's been some strange results after teams have won on penalties, yet have better recoveries despite playing their games later.

England complain about fatigue versus other nations; we are not recovering as well perhaps?
Why is that?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2013, 11:57:13 pm by BobG »
Lasse Viren is the first one I can remember.  Won everything for a while. Impressive athlete. 'Til it came out that he had been to high altitude to train and then had stocks of his blood put by for active days down at lower altitudes! Clever eh?

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012