Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:24:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Theresa May  (Read 2057 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Theresa May
« on August 14, 2016, 12:02:40 pm by Sprotyrover »
I hate the woman but boy has she got Cojones, I have to admire her for Rodding if the Chinese and French,sorry but there is no way on this gods earth that the UK should ever let a Nation like China get control of our nuclear assets,it would be insane.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Theresa May
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2016, 03:07:26 pm by i_ateallthepies »
 :that:

wilts rover

• Forum Member

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2016, 07:52:22 pm by RobTheRover »
Hmmm. Decisions,  decisions.

Let the Chinese get a back door into our nuclear energy programme or find ourselves over a barrel and suffering blackouts in 3 years time....

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 17, 2016, 01:49:52 am by Sammy Chung was King »
No decision to make, we are not that hard up for investment, to compromise our security. It makes me wonder if brown envelopes aren't involved in some decisions, if you were prime minister, would you even consider it?, no way.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 17, 2016, 10:14:46 am by nightporter »
The conspiracy theorist in me would worry about the Chinese government being involved with the computers that operate a UK nuclear power station.   Whats wrong with wind? If you scale up the figures in this link it looks cheaper and safer.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/17/worlds-largest-offshore-windfarm-uk/

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 17, 2016, 05:24:48 pm by Sprotyrover »

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 17, 2016, 05:51:38 pm by Muttley »
The Chinese were only part-financing the project, the technology is French so unlikely that China would have any direct ability to compromise the power supply or the UK's security.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 15, 2016, 08:09:31 pm by wilts rover »
Famous last words:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3743039/UKs-May-reassures-China-nuclear-power-plant-delay.html
Can't see anything in there about Her letting em get a grip on Hinkley point!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NMwXH721k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NMwXH721k</a>

Not their best album but it has a few good pieces on it.

What a farce it was that Davies kept going under the name once Hodgson left - bit like Teresa and her nuclear policy eh.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 15, 2016, 11:37:48 pm by albie »
Decent article in the Torygraph business section on the madness of Hinkley Point;
Hinkley Point will be obsolete before it even starts, but Theresa May had no choice

It looks like May wasn't man enough to back up her posturing, and now we are all going to pay for the foreseeable.

Some say it will cost at least 3 times the estimate, if it ever gets finished. None of the others of this type have ever produced any leccy yet.

Good Steve Bell cartoon;
Steve Bell on Hinkley Point C – cartoon | Opinion | The Guardian

Talk about elephants in the room.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 16, 2016, 12:08:41 am by RobTheRover »
I wonder which Tories are getting a cut too.  I mean, tying us into a deal to buy the energy at (todays prices) over £100/MW is ludicrous.  Electricity wholesale was trading at £38.98/MW today.  So, alongside the French and the Chinese, which Tories are getting a slice of the pie we all pay for?  I shall be amazed if some aren't.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 16, 2016, 08:13:46 am by Donnywolf »
One thing you can be assured of is "someone" will have their snout in the trough and a second thing is there is B.A. we as ordinary folks can do about it - mores the pity !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012