Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:05:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: does any town or city introducing congestion charges deserve your custom  (Read 2051 times)

selby

• VSC Member
I dont think so,unless they build free or very low cost park and ride on every main artery roads into the town or city.
   This could see the demise of what is left of shopping as we know it,meddling in peoples every day life, and not being aware of how the electorate want to be treated is the reason for the rise in more radical politicians.
   A £100 charge for buses entering London could also be a reason for away supporters not going to away matches,or if Doncaster follows suit people not going to home matches from our outlying districts.
  Do they realise that  a £25 daily charge for a diesel car in London is a fifth of the average pension to start with.I am fed up with poor politicians seeing people as cash cows.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
If you've got a pension in London, no need to use a car, travel free on bus, tube or rail.  I don't think there are any football grounds in the congestion charge area anyway.  Living in the suburbs of London I wouldn't dream of using a car in the central area covered by the charge, never did even before its introduction either.

Syme

• Forum Member
The average speed in London is under 8mph. Why anyone chooses to drive is baffling. I'd only do it if it was a complete necessity.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
When you consider they are on about including places like Scunthorpe its bloody crazy

RedJ

• Forum Member
Do they really need even further incentive for people to avoid going to Scunthorpe?

roversdude

• VSC Member
It's just a covert tax

podrover73

• Forum Member
Do they really need even further incentive for people to avoid going to Scunthorpe?
There are enough pollutants in Scunthorpe without taxing diesel cars

drfchound

• Forum Member
I never go into Donny town centre because i would have to pay to park.
Why pay when you can shop elsewhere.
Congestion charges would further kill off any slight chance of me ever going into town again.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
I'd like to know what people think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre.

People forget that traders need access to Dixons, although they do say it would help people in wheelchairs.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
I'm Batman.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
I never go into Donny town centre because i would have to pay to park.
Why pay when you can shop elsewhere.
Congestion charges would further kill off any slight chance of me ever going into town again.

There are plenty of places to park for free within a five to ten minute walk of town.

BobG

• VSC Member
Great for those that have trouble walking Mr Frost. Not a large proportion I grant you, but a signifcant absolute number locked out of town even so.

Cheers

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Great for those that have trouble walking Mr Frost. Not a large proportion I grant you, but a signifcant absolute number locked out of town even so.

Cheers

BobG

Paying for parking is standard for any town or city. If you can manage to park in any of paid car parks and walk to and around the shops in town then there are plenty of free options which require very little or no more effort.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:35:54 am by MrFrost »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member

Cheers

BobG

Paying for parking is standard for any town or city. If you can manage to park in any of paid car parks and walk to and around the shops in town then there are plenty of free options which require very little more effort.

One day Frosty you might need that extra "little" effort and believe me it ain't always as easy as you think it might be

MrFrost

• Forum Member

Cheers

BobG

Paying for parking is standard for any town or city. If you can manage to park in any of paid car parks and walk to and around the shops in town then there are plenty of free options which require very little more effort.

One day Frosty you might need that extra "little" effort and believe me it ain't always as easy as you think it might be

I just don't buy that there are people out there who don't go to town because they have to pay to park.

You can park for free and walk No further than you'd have to in the places you pay.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member

Cheers

BobG

I just don't buy that there are people out there who don't go to town because they have to pay to park.

You can park for free and walk No further than you'd have to in the places you pay

Thats not quite what you said, I hope that you are never in a position to have to walk an extra hundred yards when you can't, in fact I've been a position where I couldn't walk 20 yards, now I can quite reasonably manage half a mile or so but try going above that I haven't a hope in hell believe me that extra bit can make one hell of a difference

MrFrost

• Forum Member

Cheers

BobG

You can park for free and walk No further than you'd have to in the places you pay

Thats not quite what you said, I hope that you are never in a position to have to walk an extra hundred yards when you can't, in fact I've been a position where I couldn't walk 20 yards, now I can quite reasonably manage half a mile or so but try going above that I haven't a hope in hell believe me that extra bit can make one hell of a difference

I understand.
That still doesn't have anything to do with free parking though
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:36:37 am by MrFrost »

roversdude

• VSC Member
I don't mind paying for parking but won't pay to go into a town centre

drfchound

• Forum Member
My thoughts too roversdude.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012