Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:37:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: RIP Steve Priest  (Read 1262 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
RIP Steve Priest
« on June 04, 2020, 08:59:21 pm by Filo »
Early pioneer of glam rock and a member of one of my favourite bands of the 70’s

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: RIP Steve Priest
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2020, 03:17:00 pm by scawsby steve »
Early pioneer of glam rock and a member of one of my favourite bands of the 70’s

One of the most underrated bands of all time IMO. Some people regarded them as a teeny bop bubble gum type of band. They certainly weren't. My mate and I once heard them live on Radio 2's Sight and Sound, which ran in conjunction with BBC 2. My mate had some huge speakers, which highlighted just how powerful and heavy a band Sweet were. They nearly blew the f*cking ceiling off.

This is the second member to have passed, Brian Connolly having gone at the age of 52.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2020, 03:21:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
They were a great band who were probably not taken seriously enough when they morphed into a more serious rock outfit after their Glam Rock period.

RIP Steve Priest.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2020, 03:24:31 pm by Iberian Red »
Shit hair probably dindt help. Looked like the front bay at Hallcross on a very bad day

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2020, 03:26:43 pm by Filo »

One of the most underrated bands of all time IMO. Some people regarded them as a teeny bop bubble gum type of band. They certainly weren't. My mate and I once heard them live on Radio 2's Sight and Sound, which ran in conjunction with BBC 2. My mate had some huge speakers, which highlighted just how powerful and heavy a band Sweet were. They nearly blew the f*cking ceiling off.

This is the second member to have passed, Brian Connolly having gone at the age of 52.

Mick Tucker the drummer died a few years ago, there is only Andy Scott left

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2020, 03:27:42 pm by scawsby steve »
Shit hair probably dindt help. Looked like the front bay at Hallcross on a very bad day

F*cking hell, he's here again.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2020, 03:29:33 pm by scawsby steve »

Mick Tucker the drummer died a few years ago, there is only Andy Scott left

I didn't know that Filo. Thanks.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2020, 03:34:11 pm by Iberian Red »

F*cking hell, he's here again.
Good luck with the virus.
Hope you can post next week(maybe) :thumbsup:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2020, 04:05:32 pm by Donnywolf »

Just flip any Chart hit of their and the proof was there. Good rock song (usually) on that Side

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 05, 2020, 04:09:32 pm by wilts rover »
If you don't know if people are aware but Andy Scott is a recovering cancer survivor.

He has his own festival to raise funds for Cancer charities. Like everyone else they have just cancelled this years event but rescheduled for next year.

https://www.concertatthekings.co.uk/history/rock-against-cancer/

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 05, 2020, 05:55:05 pm by ravenrover »
I remember going to see I think it was Judas Priest at the racecourse, Potbelly opened Sweet were next on but they announced JP were stuck in Germany. We left as did many more, but Sweet then did an absolute belting rock performance wished we had stayed

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 05, 2020, 06:06:37 pm by drfchound »
Sweet were a great band, very entertaining.
Rock music, my type of music.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 06, 2020, 07:18:46 pm by roversdude »
Great band full stop. RIP Steve

TinyPortal © 2005-2012