Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:00:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Houthis/Iran  (Read 2089 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Houthis/Iran
« Reply #30 on January 12, 2024, 09:23:39 am by Sprotyrover »
May as well get rid of Mi6 and all embassies in mid east if nobody saw this coming. It will save a lot of money.

Syd when are the freeloaders of your country going to put their shoulders to the Cart?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 12, 2024, 09:31:10 am by SydneyRover »
NR is right, we have to stand up to it, actions must have consequences and this shipping is vital for us as a country these days.

Gosh, it's not what you said when putin marched into Ukraine, is it pud?

Last I checked, the Ukrainians weren't attacking civilians in international waters as far as I can remember.  The UK has had a responsibility for middle east shipping for decades, it's nothing new.

Quite rightly both the government and opposition agree with the strikes btw!

So if I understand correctly you wanted the Ukraine to give it up because of you and your family but ok with an attack on the houthis over trade regardless of whether it results in a larger conflict? And remember everyone was warning that the Israel attack would produce exactly this?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 12, 2024, 09:43:19 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Genuinely Sydney I have no idea what you're on about.  Why would I want Ukraine to give anything up?  I've been pretty clear Ukraine should be fighting the Russians.  I think you might be mistaking me for someone else.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 12, 2024, 09:46:37 am by ncRover »
NR is right, we have to stand up to it, actions must have consequences and this shipping is vital for us as a country these days.

Gosh, it's not what you said when putin marched into Ukraine, is it pud?

Last I checked, the Ukrainians weren't attacking civilians in international waters as far as I can remember.  The UK has had a responsibility for middle east shipping for decades, it's nothing new.

Quite rightly both the government and opposition agree with the strikes btw!

So if I understand correctly you wanted the Ukraine to give it up because of you and your family but ok with an attack on the houthis over trade regardless of whether it results in a larger conflict? And remember everyone was warning that the Israel attack would produce exactly this?

Try to see the bigger picture. Billy is pointing you towards it.

You’re advocating for a world that simply doesn’t exist.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 12, 2024, 10:00:39 am by SydneyRover »
Genuinely Sydney I have no idea what you're on about.  Why would I want Ukraine to give anything up?  I've been pretty clear Ukraine should be fighting the Russians.  I think you might be mistaking me for someone else.

The conversation was drifting to some big ifs, if putin threatened the nuclear option, comment #626 and #637 and look at the date.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=283806.600

edited
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 10:03:51 am by SydneyRover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 12, 2024, 10:21:52 am by Sprotyrover »
Any news reports from Yemen yet showing bodies of Women and children we killed?

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 12, 2024, 10:23:55 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's pretty obvious the two aren't comparable.  You're a bit mental trawling through two years of posts to find a crazy extreme example.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 12, 2024, 10:28:52 am by SydneyRover »
It's pretty obvious the two aren't comparable.  You're a bit mental trawling through two years of posts to find a crazy extreme example.

I just remember important things people say is all pud.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 12, 2024, 10:44:46 am by selby »
  Pancho, just watched part of Israel's response in court by Tal Becker, IF what he showed and said is true and his videos backed him up, Hamas has killed as many of their own people in Gaza  with Booby trapped buildings and an estimated two thousand misfired rockets and friendly fire  as the Israeli's occupying force.
   To be honest that is more likely to be true as Hamas are fanatical but a military rabble compared with Israel's forces, and as time goes on will be losing lots of their better fighters who probably have already been irradiated as a functional frontal threat being reduced now to just a sporadic raiding party who themselves are taking a beating.
   Now the Yanks and us have had time to use satellite images to identify the Houthi launch and command sites they will be hit hard, and the interesting part will be Iran, will they once again jib at coming over the hill with the cavalry which I think the Yanks want now rather than later.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 10:43:09 am by selby »

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 12, 2024, 10:46:45 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Yep, I'm glad for you remembering I don't want a nuclear war, how bizarre!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 12, 2024, 10:50:33 am by ncRover »
Just seen Corbyn’s take on it. Jesus wept.

“Military action in Yemen by the UK & US government is a reckless act of escalation that will only cause more death and suffering.

It is utterly disgraceful that Parliament has not even been consulted.

When will we learn from our mistakes and realise that war is not the answer?”

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 12, 2024, 10:51:28 am by SydneyRover »

Yep, I'm glad for you remembering I don't want a nuclear war, how bizarre!

At the first mention of nuclear war you dropped your pants pud, I think that is closer to the truth.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 12, 2024, 10:59:24 am by SydneyRover »
So, if anyone can convince me that the western world hasn't stood by and watched Israel treat the Palestinians as dogs in their own country for years and this scenario wasn't predictable, I'll be all ears.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 12, 2024, 11:07:50 am by Sprotyrover »
So, if anyone can convince me that the western world hasn't stood by and watched Israel treat the Palestinians as dogs in their own country for years and this scenario wasn't predictable, I'll be all ears.

This scenario was not predictable!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 12, 2024, 11:11:11 am by Ldr »
I make the distinction between hamas and Palestinian quite clearly before this statement but anyone who has any sympathy for Hamas needs to look at themselves

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 12, 2024, 11:34:07 am by normal rules »
May as well get rid of Mi6 and all embassies in mid east if nobody saw this coming. It will save a lot of money.

What makes you think nobody saw this coming? Boats being attacked in the Middle East in nothing new. MI6’s job is to gather intelligence to influence/ steer decision making around the world for events such as this. This didn’t just happen overnight with some buttons being pressed.
And as an aside, there is a chance that the laser guided missiles will have had “on the ground” target acquisition by SF troops. Meaning this was probably some days/ weeks in the planning. And I also note that Australians were involved in this too, albeit in a command centre role.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 12, 2024, 11:37:50 am by mugnapper »
I wonder whether Sunak had the balls to mention a Uk/Usa Trade Deal before agreeing to do as he was told?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 12, 2024, 11:45:27 am by Colin C No.3 »

'Tie me kangaroo down sport....' What's that all about Sydney?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 12, 2024, 04:57:26 pm by Sprotyrover »

'Tie me kangaroo down sport....' What's that all about Sydney?
Sydders needs to stop playing about with his Didgeridoo!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 12, 2024, 05:17:35 pm by normal rules »
I find it incredible we can police the Red Sea, but not the English Channel.
I’ll get my popcorn and await the usual responses.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 12, 2024, 05:45:56 pm by TonySoprano »
Spot on, but of course they need the boats coming across, they need more low skilled workers and minions to prop up the whole economy/pyramid scheme.
So the don't really want to stop the boats, same with America.

Of course the problem now is, there is literally nothing to stop a bunch of terrorists getting to us.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 12, 2024, 05:54:50 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Carpet bomb the whole of f**kin Yemen where these attacks are being launched from. Twice over. Scorched earth policy. The leader of the Houthis has said that this is all about their faith and support for Gaza . They want conflict. It’s a way of self vindication. Give em what they want I say. And don’t spare the lead.
What a sicko.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 12, 2024, 05:58:12 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Carpet bomb the whole of f**kin Yemen where these attacks are being launched from. Twice over. Scorched earth policy. The leader of the Houthis has said that this is all about their faith and support for Gaza . They want conflict. It’s a way of self vindication. Give em what they want I say. And don’t spare the lead.

Gosh, I'm sure you protested that you were not an extremist nr?

Are the Israelis extremists for standing up against terrorism?
The Houthi rebels are trying to bully a global shipping lane.
Only one way to deal with bullies I’m afraid.  Besides, they will be expecting it.
Israel - an occupying force. Murdered tens of thousands, incarcerated more, stole land,  homes, destroyed possessions. Who is the bully?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 12, 2024, 06:01:00 pm by ncRover »

Last time I checked channel migrants weren’t launching drone strikes on navy and cargo ships

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 12, 2024, 06:27:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

What a coincidence. So does the far-right Paul Embery.

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1745553148947607663

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 12, 2024, 08:28:49 pm by normal rules »
What a sicko.

Tell the uk and us govts. Because that’s essentially what they did last night. Note my use of the words “where these attacks took place from”.,targeted strikes. Military bases. Ammo dumps. Control centres.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 12, 2024, 09:11:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
What a sicko.

Tell the uk and us govts. Because that’s essentially what they did last night. Note my use of the words “where these attacks took place from”.,targeted strikes. Military bases. Ammo dumps. Control centres.

Targetted strikes is one thing, you expressed the desire for carpet bombing, scorched earth.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 12, 2024, 09:22:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
  Pancho, just watched part of Israel's response in court by Tal Becker, IF what he showed and said is true and his videos backed him up, Hamas has killed as many of their own people in Gaza  with Booby trapped buildings and an estimated twenty thousand misfired rockets and friendly fire  as the Israeli's occupying force.
   To be honest that is more likely to be true as Hamas are fanatical but a military rabble compared with Israel's forces, and as time goes on will be losing lots of their better fighters who probably have already been irradiated as a functional frontal threat being reduced now to just a sporadic raiding party who themselves are taking a beating.
   Now the Yanks and us have had time to use satellite images to identify the Houthi launch and command sites they will be hit hard, and the interesting part will be Iran, will they once again jib at coming over the hill with the cavalry which I think the Yanks want now rather than later.
Israeli evidence in Gaza has so far proved flakey at best - eg the massive tunnel next to the hospital that turned out to be water stprage I think. Israel has been able to get away with murder for many decades with the support of the US and other nations. Israel has a problem with feeding a very large and influential psycho mentality of ultra Zionists. Like ultra spoilt kids growing up, they have gone too far and it is payback time. That may be a little slap in being told that their genocide must stop, it may go further. They should have learned from Willie Wonka.

The US is playing with fire by spreading it's involvement in the Middle East. It tends not to work out well for them. There is a vast amoiunt of hatred for them stored there. Add the Taiwan issue into the mix and we are on the edge of a world war here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 09:26:03 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 13, 2024, 07:02:55 am by normal rules »
What a sicko.

Targetted strikes is one thing, you expressed the desire for carpet bombing, scorched earth.

You might want to research the destructive effect of Paveway IV missiles. I’d say they create scorched earth. In a pretty big radius. Carpet bombing in all but name. My use of it was more of an emotional reference. Since 1977 carpet bomb ing has been outlawed. It’s very much against the Geneva convention . But I’m Happy to support flattening every single military site that is involved in attacking ships in the Red Sea.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 07:25:59 am by normal rules »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 13, 2024, 07:44:26 am by ncRover »
The Islamist extremist ideological defence mechanism is always conveniently along the lines of:

“let us do what we want or there’ll be more of us”.

And some in the west lap it up

Weakness ultimately creates more war because like all things in life, if you don’t stand up yourself you get taken advantage of

« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 07:47:22 am by ncRover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012