Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:10:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just Back  (Read 6244 times)

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
Re:Just Back
« Reply #30 on October 30, 2010, 11:44:44 pm by Boyhood dreams »
hoolahoop wrote:
Come on lads , yes it was disappointing to lose when in front by 2 goals but Dumbaya (our recent hero btw) is now at fault for our last 3 defeats. How soon our fans turn on a recent favourite eh ?
From what I've read and heard the main problems were a) a 'homer'referee b) a keeper who does not control his own penalty area c) a manager that made the wrong substitutions at the wrong times and d) a team against us who didn't want to give the game up as lost.

As for assertions that we are likely to be facing a relegation fight in the 2nd. half of the season..........absolute bloody nonsense! Get yersens to bed, you're all tired and fed up and rightly so.

Fact is we scored 3 goals away from home against an 'in form' team without the use of our main striker. There should be plenty of positives to be had there given a)-d) above...................bring on the 'WALL'.

I don't think we will be in a relegation battle, but it could easily happen. You are ridiculing folk for thinking the worst, very naive. Lets just see what happens as we aren't far off bottom.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 30, 2010, 11:51:17 pm by hoolahoop »
I'm not ridiculing them at all just putting a bad day at the office into perspective.
They are quite freely stating their case for a relegation battle, an opinion I don't agree with.
They've been to the game, have travelled long distances and are quite rightly disappointed as we all are.........that fella is not ridicule but a reality.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 30, 2010, 11:54:54 pm by Boyhood dreams »
hoolahoop wrote:
I'm not ridiculing them at all just putting a bad day at the office into perspective.
They are quite freely stating their case for a relegation battle, an opinion I don't agree with.
They've been to the game, have travelled long distances and are quite rightly disappointed as we all are.........that fella is not ridicule but a reality.

OK fair comment, but if we dont sort out the defence, we could be in trouble.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 31, 2010, 12:26:31 am by rtid88 »
Dumbaya is our only consistently good player since he came into the team!! Really don't see how anyone can slag him off really as I think this lad has got serious potential! Mills has looked good since he came in and again has got the potential to be a great player, but in my opinion all of our centre halfs have been dreadful all season JOC included! Martis looked half decent against the Blades last week but other then that I would not trust him to carry an egg in an egg and spoon race he is that shaky! Webster looked dreadful and not even League 2 standard against Derby, Locky has looked incredibly poor whenever he has come in and Hird I have never felt is upto Championship standard! We need to bring a loanee in soon or we are going to be in trouble against any half decent team in this league with our current defensive line up!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 31, 2010, 12:27:15 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've criticised SODs substitutions in the past but let's make this clear, taking Oster off had no bearing on the outcome.

The pivotal moment was the poor decision to give the free kick that led to Harte's goal and then our defending. (notice the BBC elected not to show the 'handball')

As said above, Reading were equally dodgy at the back and particularly Mills was like a statue at times.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 31, 2010, 12:59:39 am by Surrey Rover »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

As said above, Reading were equally dodgy at the back and particularly Mills was like a statue at times.

True but they have conceded 14 goals in 14 league games as opposed to Rovers who have conceded 23 in 14. Every defence will have an off day but we've have several this season, my worry is today was just an extension on what we have seen several times since the opening day.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 31, 2010, 01:23:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agreed. One thing is stopping crosses, but the other is leaving gaping holes for forwards/midfielders to run on to.

We do them both far too often.

Having said that Dumbuya had a big test today and did very well until...Defenders mistakes are highlighted so much more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012