Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:14:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 19 Games without a win...  (Read 4270 times)

Connor_DRFC

• Forum Member
19 Games without a win...
« on September 17, 2011, 09:04:31 pm by Connor_DRFC »
The last time we won was derby away on a tuesday night last season, surely we need to act now, its beyond a joke, what do you reckon?:unsure:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: 19 Games without a win...
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2011, 09:06:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
No, I think we should keep on losing. :silly:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2011, 09:06:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
19 games is bordering on an absolute disgrace, but there is no guarantee that letting SOD leave is going to remedy this any quicker than if he stayed.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2011, 09:10:40 pm by Wellred »
So we just accept it and carry on losing then do we?

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2011, 09:15:30 pm by Capmeister »
U spimeless get. Show some balls. Ur Donny or ur not. So dig in and deal with it. We're in championship but it'll be hard to turn it round but so what. f**k off and support Man U. Am sure you'll feel included there

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2011, 09:15:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=183072
So we just accept it and carry on losing then do we?

No, we certainly don't accept it but there are a range of options open to the club. There are some incredibly stupid people masquerading as supporters if they believe the ONLY option is to give the boot to our manager.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2011, 09:17:37 pm by ditch_drfc »
Whilst I hate losing game after game, I think these statistics are slightly pointless.

For one, the last time we won was on the 9th August - not nineteen games ago.

Statistics will always be twisted to be negative. Look at Barnsley's result today. Despite having had a few good draws against decent sides, and having won Reading, BBC Sport report that \"Barnsley are still searching for their first home win of the season\". Shock horror.

We could win the next game 10-0 and some people would still say we haven't won away from home for blah blah blah..

Anyhow, that's not to undermine the serious situation we're now in. Things need to change - SOON!!!!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2011, 09:20:59 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Capmeister\" post=183074
U spimeless get. Show some balls. Ur Donny or ur not. So dig in and deal with it. We're in championship but it'll be hard to turn it round but so what. f**k off and support Man U. Am sure you'll feel included there

Well that was a very well constructed and reasoned reply wasn't it.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2011, 09:21:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=183076
Whilst I hate losing game after game, I think these statistics are slightly pointless.

Statistics will always be twisted to be negative. Look at Barnsley's result today. Despite having had a few good draws against decent sides, and having won Reading, BBC Sport report that \"Barnsley are still searching for their first home win of the season\". Shock horror.

We could win the next game 10-0 and some people would still say we haven't won away from home for blah blah blah..

Anyhow, that's not to undermine the serious situation we're now in. Things need to change - SOON!!!!

You are right that statistics don't always tell the full story. However, the one game we have won in this period was at home in the League Cup against a poor Tranmere team currently mid-table in League One.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2011, 09:22:19 pm by SkellowRover »

Top post of the day :thumbsup:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2011, 09:22:44 pm by Nudga »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=183081

You are right that statistics don't always tell the full story. However, the one game we have won in this period was at home in the League Cup against a poor Tranmere team currently mid-table in League One.

And ya don't get three points for that. Kapeesh?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 17, 2011, 09:25:52 pm by Lesonthewest »
Hold your nerve people it's STILL too early, after the time he has been here Sean at least deserves more time to turn it around. If however at the end of November we are cut adrift THEN it would be time to act.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 17, 2011, 09:26:52 pm by MrFrost »
Nearly 7 months since we won in the league.
Nearly 8 since we wont at home.

That a better statistic for you.

The last time I saw us win a game that was a result of a Rovers playing scoring was New Years Day.

It is f**king dire, the manager has to go. He has lost the dressing room, he has admitted as much himself. The board seem clueless of what to do. Either that or they don't give a toss. Worrying times ahead. Anyone who isn't worried and thinks all our problems will be solved once Billy is back is f**king deluded.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 17, 2011, 09:26:55 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=183087
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=183081

And ya don't get three points for that. Kapeesh?

You don't need to tell me that! And for what it's worth, I don't think Tranmere are that poor a side. And we did convincingly beat them. Nevertheless, I agree, the wins need to come in the league.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 17, 2011, 09:30:12 pm by Nudga »
Quote from: \"Lesonthewest\" post=183089
Hold your nerve people it's STILL too early, after the time he has been here Sean at least deserves more time to turn it around. If however at the end of November we are cut adrift THEN it would be time to act.

That could be too late by then Les. We could be 15/20 points adrift. He has to go this week, the club has gone stale and the signs were there last season. The place needs freshening up, someone positive. I frickin wished we could have got Nigel Adkins.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 17, 2011, 09:32:43 pm by wabtec »
Quote from: \"Nudga\" post=183096

That could be too late by then Les. We could be 15/20 points adrift. He has to go this week, the club has gone stale and the signs were there last season. The place needs freshening up, someone positive. I frickin wished we could have got Nigel Adkins.

Les.it,s very obyious that you have nt been today.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 17, 2011, 09:51:56 pm by steve@dcfd »

With the current squad unless Billy makes a miraculous recovery we will lose more. So it is time now for JR to invest in a loanee goalkeeper, centre half and centre forward. If these are quality players and it does not work then the managers position could be reviewed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 17, 2011, 10:08:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=183114

With the current squad unless Billy makes a miraculous recovery we will lose more. So it is time now for JR to invest in a loanee goalkeeper, centre half and centre forward. If these are quality players and it does not work then the managers position could be reviewed.

You keep saying week after week that the Board hasn't invested enough. I've pointed out before the O'Driscoll himself has said this season that we have a Championship level wage bill now. So clearly the Board HAS invested. Can you state exactly HOW much you want them to spend over and above what they have spent already?

Today, we had maybe 3 first 16 players out injured (Sharp, Mason, Woods). By all accountes, we were utterly dreadful despite having most of our squad available for selection. We're getting to the nub now. As the injury list is reducing in size, the excuses are also evaporating. If we don't start to pick up points now, then uncomfortable questions have to be asked of O'Driscoll's squad choice and management.

And before anyone says \"Ah, yes, but BILLY is still not available\", THAT is half the point. If we are totally unable to compete (despite having a competitive wage bill) when one particular player is unavailable, then we have f**ked up catastrophically in our squad balance.

EDIT: As for the new positions you say we need.

1) We have invested in a loanee striker. He's been unable to make the first 11 for the last 2 weeks, despite us being in a run of 2 goals in 7 games. Why did we sign him?

2) We currently have 5 fit or near-fit centre halves. Why do we need to sign another one?

3) I agree fully about the goalkeeper. So why did we not address this in the summer when we were signing attacking midfielders like they were going out of fashion?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 17, 2011, 10:11:54 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=183124

You keep saying week after week that the Board hasn't invested enough. I've pointed out before the O'Driscoll himself has said this season that we have a Championship level wage bill now. So clearly the Board HAS invested. Can you state exactly HOW much you want them to spend over and above what they have spent already?

Today, we had maybe 3 first 16 players out injured (Sharp, Mason, Woods). By all accountes, we were utterly dreadful despite having most of our squad available for selection. We're getting to the nub now. As the injury list is reducing in size, the excuses are also evaporating. If we don't start to pick up points now, then uncomfortable questions have to be asked of O'Driscoll's squad choice and management.

And before anyone says \"Ah, yes, but BILLY is still not available\", THAT is half the point. If we are totally unable to compete (despite having a competitive wage bill) when one particular player is unavailable, then we have f**ked up catastrophically in our squad balance.

A Championship wage bill probably compared to League One standards, but I believe only Peterborough have a smaller wage bill than ourselves.

If I am wrong, and our wage bill is comparable with other Championship teams, then something is seriously wrong, with the players we have signed on the contracts they are on.

EDIT: I have been told by several people that the board had agreed the signing of Joe Murphy, but it was vetoed at the last minute.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 17, 2011, 10:13:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=183126

A Championship wage bill probably compared to League One standards, but I believe only Peterborough have a smaller wage bill than ourselves.

If I am wrong, and our wage bill is comparable with other Championship teams, then something is seriously wrong, with the players we have signed on the contracts they are on.

I'm quoting O'Driscoll. At the start of the season, he said that back in 08-09, we had a L1 wage bill, but now we have a Championship wage bill. The man said it himself.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 17, 2011, 10:21:59 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=183127
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=183126

I'm quoting O'Driscoll. At the start of the season, he said that back in 08-09, we had a L1 wage bill, but now we have a Championship wage bill. The man said it himself.

Shame we had a Championship team back then, on  L1 wage bill, and now the tables have turned!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 17, 2011, 10:53:32 pm by steve@dcfd »

EDIT: As for the new positions you say we need.

1) We have invested in a loanee striker. He's been unable to make the first 11 for the last 2 weeks, despite us being in a run of 2 goals in 7 games. Why did we sign him?

2) We currently have 5 fit or near-fit centre halves. Why do we need to sign another one?

3) I agree fully about the goalkeeper. So why did we not address this in the summer when we were signing attacking midfielders like they were going out of fashion?

1) The loanee striker is not a direct replacement for Billy. He is 18 and may have potential but will not score goals at this level. Sean may have said that we have a championship budget because he knows what we can afford and it will be at the bottom end if not the smallest in the championship. Why did we sign him? I do not know perhaps at the level we could pay he was the best we could get. I expected better.
2 We have one championship centre half the rest are make weights. Friend is good enough, Naylor if we could guarantee his fitness would be ok. Martis even when fit is not good enough. Hird and Lockwood fit our budget and are clearly not at this level. None are at the standard of Mills and Shackell.
3 I do not know why we did not address the goal keeper situation a part from the priority and cost of the rest of the squad.

What I will say is we have lost 3 to 4thousand season tickets and the squad is worst each year no improvement, they say when you stand still you go backwards in football.Well we have not even stood still. The  paying public in Doncaster have seen that so they stop at home.
I know the board will not invest in the players I want to see. I know the players we have are not good enough to stay in this league. They may be good enough to play in the Scottish premier league.

MartinB

« Reply #22 on September 17, 2011, 11:03:40 pm by MartinB »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=183093

The last time I saw us win a game that was a result of a Rovers playing scoring was New Years Day.

It is f**king dire, the manager has to go. He has lost the dressing room, he has admitted as much himself. The board seem clueless of what to do. Either that or they don't give a toss. Worrying times ahead. Anyone who isn't worried and thinks all our problems will be solved once Billy is back is f**king deluded.

And nearly 2700 posts of negative shit from Frosty! :whistle:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 17, 2011, 11:08:43 pm by Mr1Croft »
At the AGM didn't John Ryan say we had a wage bill of 7 million or was that the budget (wage bill and transfers). That shapes up as around £140,000 a week. For a 25 man squad that's an average of £5,500 per player

And that is as a wage bill, I actually think now it also includes the transfer kitty.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 17, 2011, 11:11:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
For no other reason than the fact that we appear to be having a collective lancing of the numerous perceived boils on this great club of ours, can I throw in to the mix Matt Kilgallon? How much did we shell out on this guy during his loan spell? He obviously has issues to deal with but as a straight business proposition, was this the worst signing SOD has ever made? Totally bizarre.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 17, 2011, 11:18:05 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=183149
For no other reason than the fact that we appear to be having a collective lancing of the numerous perceived boils on this great club of ours, can I throw in to the mix Matt Kilgallon? How much did we shell out on this guy during his loan spell? He obviously has issues to deal with but as a straight business proposition, was this the worst signing SOD has ever made? Totally bizarre.

As far as bad loan signings, Harry Worley, do I have to say anymore.

Wasn't killgallon another move by JR that SOD was happy to take...

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 17, 2011, 11:19:55 pm by andysly »

Where and when did SoD say he had lost the dressing room.
More drivel from frost.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 17, 2011, 11:54:51 pm by BRMC_rover »

We look miles away from a win at the moment though dont we. Reading would have been extremely unlucky if they somehow only got 1 point from Todays game, never mind us getting three.

I just hope SOD can turn this around. Someone needs to inspire the others on the field. I hope Stock wastes no time setting the example if he starts next game.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 18, 2011, 12:02:05 am by Thinwhiteduke »

Are you one of those Polish workers who hasnt quite mastered the English Language yet? Im pretty certain English cannot be your mother tongue. I particularly like the word 'Spimeless'.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 18, 2011, 07:24:40 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=183151

Where and when did SoD say he had lost the dressing room.
More drivel from frost.

Listen to his interview

TinyPortal © 2005-2012